GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

  • Thread starter Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,339 comments
  • 2,167,400 views
I already have that, so... :lol:

So what? Buy another. Then buy another. You can't go wrong with a Harrier Jump Jet that is safer than the real thing. The real ones are a flippin' death trap.
 
Bought a Savage and a Tank, decided against the Valkyrie (Couldn't justify the price. I have meaner vehicles that require less people. The Valkyrie needs people to be useful. My Savage and Hydra doesn't.) and Turret Insurgent (Same reason.)

On to cars now. My freeroam shopping list:
Phoenix.
Buccaneer.
Whatever the old coupe deville is supposed to be (Manana I think).
Maybe a Futo, if I have some free space.
Some sort of normal but also fancy-looking sedan (Schwartzer maybe? More understated than my Felon. In fact, I may dump the Felon for a Schwartzer. Or maybe not, since the Felon was my first car.)

Buyable vehicles:
Hexer or Innovation. Hexer is cool, but looks a little bland. But I love/hate the chain drive on the Innovation. It looks weird, but it's unique.
A dewbauchee of some sort, not sure.
Maybe the Cognoscenti or the Super Diamond.
Monroe and a Stinger (Deciding on topless or not).
Maybe Coquette classic. Hate how the back of the coupe is (Looks like a hot wheels version of a 63 split window.), and the topless is iffy.
Vacca or Infernus. Or both.
Surano.
Comet.
9F Cabrio.
Either a Voltic or the Khamelion.

And other stuff as I see fit. Maybe an SUV, a Buffalo, a Gang van...
 
Last edited:
image.jpg


Congratulations. You're an asshole.
 
Deathmatches are pretty much an easy way to rack up kills. That's how I get weapon tints.
 
It doesn't need people to survive homing launchers. ;)
I'm a master of quickly entering passive mode. Homing rockets aren't a problem. :p

And even if I can't use passive, the rockets are very easy to dodge.

Bought the Comet, Innovation (Only because I want to ride around in my lone wolf jacket on it), and picked up a Phoenix off the street.

The Comet disappointed me as far as customization went. As did the innovation. The Phoenix was nice, I just wish you could put a bird on the hood. :lol: I did my best to make it a Bandit car.
 
He's an asshole just because he plays in a way you don't like?
No he's an a-hole because he's probably the kind of person to go around hunting low level players for fun.
 
It is often idle-killing. I've seen this a lot and occasionally enjoy baiting folks hunting like that. Many players will room hop and look for idle players not moving on the map and approach in the chance they are AFK. If they are AFK, I've seen people repeatedly kill another player for an hour or more and rack up several hundred kills on one player. I imagine if you engage in this often it begins to add up. I usually see it late at night when people fall asleep playing.

I notice this a lot perhaps because I spend a lot of time not moving. I often park, or stand somewhere on the map for several game-days and just watch the environment and the weather. As well, I often leave the game on with my character perched on a cliff or scenic lookout watching sunrises/sunsets and the TV becomes a moving/living painting in the background while I'm doing other things. In public lobbies this style of play often attracts folks looking for an easy kill. I think I killed half a dozen in less than an hour last night as they crept up while I was sitting there. Just because a character doesn't move for several minutes does not always mean an AFK player.
 
No he's an a-hole because he's probably the kind of person to go around hunting low level players for fun.

So he plays in a way you don't like.

Honestly, I get just as annoyed at violent randoms in public sessions as the next guy, but at this point it's pointless to complain. Heck, I love it when someone tries to hunt me down because it gives me an excuse to blow off steam.
 
My favorite way if I'm on foot and notice a fast moving player behind me is stand next to a ledge. Climb onto the ledge just as he nears, and usually he'll lose control of his car as he tries to mow you down. This should give you plenty of time to gun him down.
 
My favorite way if I'm on foot and notice a fast moving player behind me is stand next to a ledge. Climb onto the ledge just as he nears, and usually he'll lose control of his car as he tries to mow you down. This should give you plenty of time to gun him down.

You can also put down traps like Sticky Bombs or Proximity Mines.
 
You can also put down traps like Sticky Bombs or Proximity Mines.
One of my favorite things to do is throw a sticky bomb on my Insurgent as a trap, for when I'm being chased. Just ram them and hit left on the D pad. If they're in anything but an Insurgent, they'll die, and you'll drive off laughing.
 
One of my favorite things to do is throw a sticky bomb on my Insurgent as a trap, for when I'm being chased. Just ram them and hit left on the D pad. If they're in anything but an Insurgent, they'll die, and you'll drive off laughing.
OR fly around everywhere in a Savage! No one will come near you then. Unless, you know, they have a Hydra. Or another Savage.
 
OR fly around everywhere in a Savage! No one will come near you then. Unless, you know, they have a Hydra. Or another Savage.
Or a homing rocket, since it only takes one shot to bring down a Hind.
 
And that's where the Valkyrie comes in. :p
What if there's no one to man the guns? Armors pointless if there's no one to use the guns.
 
I'm trying to find a Phoenix on PC in online and having no luck. Anyone know where to find it?
 
I'm trying to find a Phoenix on PC in online and having no luck. Anyone know where to find it?
Drive a muscle car (Preferably another Imponte) around the ballas/families territory, and by the easternmost LSC. If your experience is anything like me trying to hunt down a Buccaneer, you won't be getting it tonight.

I bought a JB700, Monroe, Stinger GT, and a Blade, as well as picked up a Manana since I last checked in. All customized to my liking, and I haven't even went below $12,000,000 yet, meaning I haven't spent a dime of my Criminal Mastermind earnings.
 
Drive a muscle car (Preferably another Imponte) around the ballas/families territory, and by the easternmost LSC. If your experience is anything like me trying to hunt down a Buccaneer, you won't be getting it tonight.

Ironically that was the first thing I tried. I was driving my Vigero though.
 
Have I really been that out of the loop, or is this shirt new? Just seen a player online wearing it and I can't say I've seen it before.

image.jpg


Definitely wasn't a crew emblem, he was in the NoDo crew.
 
We need cars that are cheap, where we can use our heavy weapons. Something like a Yugo. Also, it would be nice to see more wheels, like Vossen looking ones.
 
Have I really been that out of the loop, or is this shirt new? Just seen a player online wearing it and I can't say I've seen it before.

View attachment 370438

Definitely wasn't a crew emblem, he was in the NoDo crew.

You get it as an award for owning 30 cars at once.
 
You get it as an award for owning 30 cars at once.

Oh, that's pretty neat. I never filled up my third garage so that'll be why I've never seen it before.
 
Can someone invite me to Blow Up I?
 
Back