Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • Miami

Votes: 89 43.6%

• Total voters
Rockstar to announce GTA VI this week with a trailer coming out next month according to Bloomberg

Archived:

Rockstar Games, a division of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., plans to announce the next highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto game as early as this week, according to people familiar with its plans.

The company plans to then publish a trailer for Grand Theft Auto VI next month to celebrate Rockstar’s 25th anniversary, said the people, who asked to not be identified because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly. A spokesperson for Rockstar didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment sent after business hours.

[...] Take-Two is scheduled to report earnings on Wednesday.

September/October 2025 projected release date?

Hopefully that will be late enough for them to not hamper the game with a PS4/XboxOne version.

Last edited:

1699449003945.png

Last edited:
Knowing they won’t release another one for 15 years I sure hope it’s a great game!

Wish they didn't use vice city as the location, they haven't branched out much in locations since the PS2 days.

Either way hopefully it's out next year, an 11 year wait for some single player GTA action is way too long. They created the massive hype this will generate after milking 5 for so long so anything other than a masterpiece is unacceptable in my eyes.

To think that GTA 6 is coming over a decade after it's prequel seems quite crazy to me. This gets me super excited but also very annoyed at the same time because it's been waaaaaay too long. That game better be so good that it makes everything else looks ancient 😆. I never cared for GTA Online because the single player mode was always where all the fun was at for me so I really can't wait to see what Rockstar did with this one.

I'm far less excited than I thought I would be... that'll probably change when I see the trailer. But when you look at what Rockstar have done with GTA Online, and how much money they've made, it's hard to imagine that THAT won't set their reference point for the future, rather than the classic feel, style and content of the older games - which is sad. My fear is that it will again be little more than a tutorial for a game I won't play, and it'll be a massive waste of what will likely be an epic base.

I may be wrong but wasn't there something that mentioned GTA Online will just continue on as a stand alone thing separated from the numbered titles? I get that the real money cow that Rockstar has been milking dry is the online stuff but it would really suck if they forgo the single player mode.

The problem I've had with GTA since SA really was that it's just trying too hard to be a movie-inspired real life simulator/counter-pop culture parody/biting satire/explore every square inch collect 'em-up all at once.

VC was compact, efficient, leveraged exactly ONE film, and was about as subtle as a cactus baseball bat.

No "you haven't eaten in ten minutes so you're going to lose health", no "go bowling with your cousin or you'll make him feel bad", no "capture all the gang territory; oops, you got betrayed so now you have to do it all again", no "button pressing dance-offs" or ****ing yoga, no "cycle up to the top of a mountain oh no you fell off", no MAMBA, no "magic barbers" (or indeed barbers at all).

It was just coke, guns, Little Haiti, and Love Fist. And occasionally you'd steal a bunch of cars for shipping overseas; you know, the actual crime the entire series is named for and which seems to have been forgotten.

"early December..." Games Awards is on the Dec 7th. I know Rockstar normally doesn't release trailers on these special events, they like to do their own thing. But it's possible it could be on the 7th.

Half a decade ago I might have been very excited. I have my doubts about the quality of the next game, though, with both Dan Houser & Leslie Benzies, arguably the principal reasons why the GTA games have been so good, having left R* a while ago. Why I worry is that I suspect they left because of Take-Two's insistence on turning GTA into a online-always-forever cash hauling machine, rather than something with any creative integrity.

The problem I've had with GTA since SA really was that it's just trying too hard to be a movie-inspired real life simulator/counter-pop culture parody/biting satire/explore every square inch collect 'em-up all at once.

VC was compact, efficient, leveraged exactly ONE film, and was about as subtle as a cactus baseball bat.

No "you haven't eaten in ten minutes so you're going to lose health", no "go bowling with your cousin or you'll make him feel bad", no "capture all the gang territory; oops, you got betrayed so now you have to do it all again", no "button pressing dance-offs" or ****ing yoga, no "cycle up to the top of a mountain oh no you fell off", no MAMBA, no "magic barbers" (or indeed barbers at all).

It was just coke, guns, Little Haiti, and Love Fist. And occasionally you'd steal a bunch of cars for shipping overseas; you know, the actual crime the entire series is named for and which seems to have been forgotten.

I don't feel this strongly about the fussyness of the post-VC games but I do find myself bewildered by the lengths Rockstar goes to to make sure animations are fluid. I JUST WANT TO GO UP THE LADDER.

Last edited:
Is that just an unfunny joke or do you actually think that?
A bit of both, i think we will have a story mode but that’s it, it wont ever get anymore content and multiplayer will be milked for a decade. Rockstar dont care what the customers want, they only care about maximising revenue-multiplayer/shark cards etc.

Not as excited for this as I thought I would be. I mean, it's been a decade since the last game, I was only 18 back then but time moves forward and now I'm an adult with family and work responsibilities. It's hard to get excited for a game knowing that so much time has passed between them.

A bit of both, i think we will have a story mode but that’s it, it wont ever get anymore content and multiplayer will be milked for a decade. Rockstar dont care what the customers want, they only care about maximising revenue-multiplayer/shark cards etc.
They can't be far off implimenting 30 second adverts for Temu between deaths.

When the ad ends if you don't click on the cross in the top righthand corner of you screen accurately enough it will send you directly to the PS Store for you to download the Temu 'app'.

GTA V sold 185 million copies. If they need the revenue, why don't they just add adverts for real products on shop fronts and billboards and radio ads throughout the game? KFC instead of Cluckin' Bell. Bank of America instead of Bank of Liberty etc.

I'm sure the answer is that they can't sell games to minors with real advertisements in them, but it strikes me that for the average player this would be a much less invasive way of presenting the game instead of play-to-win microtransactions.

GTA V sold 185 million copies. If they need the revenue, why don't they just add adverts for real products on shop fronts and billboards and radio ads throughout the game? KFC instead of Cluckin' Bell. Bank of America instead of Bank of Liberty etc.

I'm sure the answer is that they can't sell games to minors with real advertisements in them, but it strikes me that for the average player this would be a much less invasive way of presenting the game instead of play-to-win microtransactions.
Not sure KFC would be into the depictions that would arise in such a situation...

you know, the actual crime the entire series is named for and which seems to have been forgotten.
What has always been interesting to me is that the first three games in the series incentivized you to commit car crimes by providing a financial reward for either stealing, ramming, or destroying cars. Why they had removed this in VC is beyond me, but I wish they'd revive this feature for SP at least.

Last edited:
I was just thinking, assuming they expand on the car modifications, it would be cool if they had a “car flipping” business you could own.

Think: car dealership you own, you get a rotating list of “popular vehicles” that you steal and then modify/paint to resell with a different VIN. It could be combined with the usual business of stealing certain cars/bikes to ship overseas.

I was just thinking, assuming they expand on the car modifications, it would be cool if they had a “car flipping” business you could own.

Think: car dealership you own, you get a rotating list of “popular vehicles” that you steal and then modify/paint to resell with a different VIN. It could be combined with the usual business of stealing certain cars/bikes to ship overseas.
Didn’t Carl own a car dealership in San Andreas? I wanted that in GTA IV as well.

September/October 2025 projected release date?

Hopefully that will be late enough for them to not hamper the game with a PS4/XboxOne version.
Well, past couple games have shown around 2 years from first trailer to release date. I don't see the previous gen. getting anything.

But, I did see some reports a while back that Take-Two told investors it could possibly be looking at a April 2024-May 2025 release. Similarly, there was another claim that investors would like the game out by Holiday 2024 due to impatience.

I think GTA Online has something similar to this.

Last edited:
Back