Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • Miami

Votes: 89 43.6%

• Total voters
Some say it's going to be VIce City,
Others say Tokyo.
Some even san Andreas with the possibility of traveling to others.
So it just all depends on who wants to believe what.
For me I would just say Mexico I am sure they can work it.

Just as a forethought on GTA VI before we get any more information, I have a really tough time seeing how R* is going to top everything GTA V offered without essentially offering the same game, but with updated graphics and added content. Not saying a new GTA isn't welcome because they are great games! Just saying they have huge shoes to fill after GTA V

I think GTA VI will either be set in Vice City or Northern San Andreas. If it were to be set in Northern San Andreas it should contain San Fierro, Las Venturas, Whetstone, Bone County, Flint County, and Tierra Robada. Personally, I'd prefer Northern San Andreas over Vice City because, the setting is more open ended and easier for the devs to tap into.

I think GTA VI will either be set in Vice City or Northern San Andreas. If it were to be set in Northern San Andreas it should contain San Fierro, Las Venturas, Whetstone, Bone County, Flint County, and Tierra Robada. Personally, I'd prefer Northern San Andreas over Vice City because, the setting is more open ended and easier for the devs to tap into.

I would prefer a Northern San Andreas as well, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see it happen. Vice City does seem possible as well, but they may cut some features from what we already have to make the change...

I'd love for GTA to come back to London, but I've heard rumours that Rockstar want too keep it in the US, because of that, I'd love to see them go back to Vice City.

As others have said, if they take it back to Vice city, it really needs to be eighties Vice city. I think a game set in the 70's would also be cool (think 'Driver' may have done that before) - I'd love to see the return of phone box/booth missions.

Failing all of that (Rio included), i'd really love to see them revisit GTA Future. I'm imagining 'Blade runner' type of setting, with hover cars maybe. Throw in some excellent humour, set it in NYC or LA, should work a treat.

As others have said, if they take it back to Vice city, it really needs to be eighties Vice city. I think a game set in the 70's would also be cool (think 'Driver' may have done that before) - I'd love to see the return of phone box/booth missions.

I am really split on the time period I want VI to take place in. It really depends on the area they choose I suppose, but I really dig the ability to have present day things in the game. We have more access to current cars (while still having classic ones), planes, boats, humor, world events etc. than we do if the game gets set in the past.

Not to mention that I think the first Vice City was the 70's or 80's was it not?

Failing all of that (Rio included), i'd really love to see them revisit GTA Future. I'm imagining 'Blade runner' type of setting, with hover cars maybe. Throw in some excellent humour, set it in NYC or LA, should work a treat.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Probably the last thing I want from GTA is something set super far into the future. A few years in the future? That's fine! but not to the extent of hover cars and "blade runner" setting... I like both GTA and Saints Row (GTA more by a long shot), but both need to stay very VERY far from each other. My opinion of course :)

I am really split on the time period I want VI to take place in. It really depends on the area they choose I suppose, but I really dig the ability to have present day things in the game. We have more access to current cars (while still having classic ones), planes, boats, humor, world events etc. than we do if the game gets set in the past.

Not to mention that I think the first Vice City was the 70's or 80's was it not?
It was the eighties.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Probably the last thing I want from GTA is something set super far into the future. A few years in the future? That's fine! but not to the extent of hover cars and "blade runner" setting... I like both GTA and Saints Row (GTA more by a long shot), but both need to stay very VERY far from each other. My opinion of course :)
Saints Row isn't sure what it wants to be (my opinion of course). I loved GTA Future back on the PS1, it was a great game, i'm pretty sure they could do it again, but even better! It wouldn't necessarily need hover cars (was just a suggestion). I wouldn't mind seeing a future road system with magnetic roads. Here's a concept sketch I did years ago of the kind of vehicles i'm on about.

These pics are of a model I did in sketch-up (3d program), it's meant to be a VW bus using a similar principal to the sketch above.

It was the eighties.

Saints Row isn't sure what it wants to be (my opinion of course). I loved GTA Future back on the PS1, it was a great game, i'm pretty sure they could do it again, but even better! It wouldn't necessarily need hover cars (was just a suggestion). I wouldn't mind seeing a future road system with magnetic roads. Here's a concept sketch I did years ago of the kind of vehicles i'm on about.

These pics are of a model I did in sketch-up (3d program), it's meant to be a VW bus using a similar principal to the sketch above.

See that's too much for me in my opinion. While it would add an interesting dynamic, I feel like it would get very complicated and it just wouldn't feel like GTA. And also, what is this GTA Future you speak of? I've never heard of it and I couldn't find it on google either?

Yep, my fault, I keep on referring to it as GTA Future, but it's actually GTA 2.

No problem 👍

I have played the top-down versions but maybe once or twice, so I really wouldn't know what your leaning at with that... But personally, I wouldn't be too thrilled with an ultra-future setting. Maybe like 5 to 10 years in the future, but not the likes of 50+

GTA Future: When Activision purchases Rockstar games and GTA ends up being a yearly franchise and every GTA game Rockstar releases becomes more futuristic than the previous installments. It will be Call of Duty all over again. :nervous:

Oh did I forgot to mention RNG microtransactions? Pay $100 for a Supply drop from merry weather and get nothing but a bunch of actions / emotes and ugly weapon tints for your guns. All the cool guns you can get from supply drops have a 1% chance rate of obtaining them.

GTA Future: When Activision purchases Rockstar games and GTA ends up being a yearly franchise and every GTA game Rockstar releases becomes more futuristic than the previous installments. It will be Call of Duty all over again. :nervous:

Oh did I forgot to mention RNG microtransactions? Pay $100 for a Supply drop from merry weather and get nothing but a bunch of actions / emotes and ugly weapon tints for your guns. All the cool guns you can get from supply drops have a 1% chance rate of obtaining them.

NO!!!

That would be like the worst thing ever lol. We'll end up with exo suits and boosters. Online will have people leaping like 100 feet in the air... Pure nightmare lol

I really hope that next (main) city is the same size as the one it is based off of.

This idea about scale is quite interesting, I don't think an entire 1:1 representation is possible or favourable but it could certainly be closer to full scale than Los Santos. Midnight Club LA's rendition feels notably smaller than Los Santos, if they manage to create another step up in scale that makes downtown LS feel small, I'd be happy.

I want the next GTA to be set in London. Perhaps more importantly though, I think a frequent change in scenery helps keep the map feel fresh, and I think IV and San Andreas felt more diverse. Perhaps a return to multiple islands (even completely disconnected from each other so planes and ships become actually useful) would help, could also help set up some of the story.

Speaking of story, it's sad to see the neglected single player in GTA V, so I think further development in that regard will be more important than the choice of setting (which will be good no matter what).

Have you ever played Crackdown? Funnily enough it was done by David Jones. :D

I have not. But if it's anything like I described, then R* just needs to stay away! FAR AWAY :cool:

I want the next GTA to be set in London. Perhaps more importantly though, I think a frequent change in scenery helps keep the map feel fresh, and I think IV and San Andreas felt more diverse. Perhaps a return to multiple islands (even completely disconnected from each other so planes and ships become actually useful) would help, could also help set up some of the story.

I think your idea about multiple islands is great. I love having the aircraft and watercraft included, but they really serve no legitimate purpose. With multiple islands, we would have a real reasons to have them.

Many of you seem to want London, and I think it would be an interesting addition to the series as well. There is still plenty of culture over there in which to base GTA's humor off of and it's something that hasn't been touched in a long while.

Speaking of story, it's sad to see the neglected single player in GTA V, so I think further development in that regard will be more important than the choice of setting (which will be good no matter what).

I agree. When GTA V first launched, the story line was straight fire. Nothing even came close, but they let it go in favor of servicing online only. They definitely need to make this a change for GTA VI. Either make the story longer, or provide people with the DLC they want. Still keep up with online at the same time though.

kR1TW5w.png

I think this concept map is pretty accurate . Considering you have Los Santos , Venturas and Fierro ( which Fierro looks as if it is above LC for some reason , Vice City , then what looks to be as if it could be called capital city or something .

Last edited:
kR1TW5w.png

I think this concept map is pretty accurate . Considering you have Los Santos , Venturas and Fierro ( which Fierro looks as if it is above LC for some reason , Vice City then what looks to be as if it could be called capital city or something .

Did you create this concept??? Because I REALLY like the idea of combining them all!

kR1TW5w.png

I think this concept map is pretty accurate . Considering you have Los Santos , Venturas and Fierro ( which Fierro looks as if it is above LC for some reason , Vice City , then what looks to be as if it could be called capital city or something .
This looks great. Obviously they would update the maps for VC, LC and SF but if something like this was in GTAVI, then that would be great. Would actually give the big passenger jet a use...

This looks great. Obviously they would update the maps for VC, LC and SF but if something like this was in GTAVI, then that would be great. Would actually give the big passenger jet a use...

I actually tend to think that this general concept is the BEST idea for R* moving in to GTA VI and will also be the most interesting. Why not bring all the regions of the past together into one massive, updated map? The technology is there and R* Needs something big to top GTA V.

I actually tend to think that this general concept is the BEST idea for R* moving in to GTA VI and will also be the most interesting. Why not bring all the regions of the past together into one massive, updated map? The technology is there and R* Needs something big to top GTA V.

Time seems like the biggest obstacle. They like to build a lot of detail into their maps and I think getting all of that done to their standard level would take way too long.

Time seems like the biggest obstacle. They like to build a lot of detail into their maps and I think getting all of that done to their standard level would take way too long.
I'd happily pay for/play the game if they were to keep the graphical levels as they are (GTAV). GTA IV map was great, all it needs is upgrading (I know easier said than done). I think the hardest part would be to recreate/reimagine Vice city, Ventura and San Fierro, etc etc. If it meant having to wait another two years let's say, on top of the scheduled GTA VI release, I think I could wait, be well worth it.

I'd happily pay for/play the game if they were to keep the graphical levels as they are (GTAV). GTA IV map was great, all it needs is upgrading (I know easier said than done). I think the hardest part would be to recreate/reimagine Vice city, Ventura and San Fierro, etc etc. If it meant having to wait another two years let's say, on top of the scheduled GTA VI release, I think I could wait, be well worth it.

To be completely honest, and this is my personal opinion of course, R* should make GTA VI a next generation release for the new XBox/PS. I heard rumors that they were also working on a new RDR and it would make more sense to me to releases RDR2 on current gen, and make a little more time for the next GTA installment, which would also allow it to have a very long life on the next console.

Rockstar just confirmed Mangolia City for VI
Which is based off of Huston/Galveston Texas.

Back