Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • Miami

Votes: 89 43.6%

• Total voters
Oh without a doubt it will not be this gen of consoles. Even if they have spent the last couple of years silently working on it, they still have a couple years to go given R*s normal timeline. Inwoulnt expect to see a new GTA until 2020 at the soonest.

After watching the Godfather II recently, it would actually be pretty awesome to see a 3-city map:

Las Venturas, including a fictional Lake Tahoe, perhaps
Vice City with bits & pieces of the Florida everglades, perhaps
Havanna

Vice & Havanna (whatever it would be called) would be in one cell, and Las Venturas would likely be a cut-scene flight away. I do struggle a bit to see how a contemporary narrative could be written encompassing Miami and Havanna as they have been basically firewalled off from each other since the revolution.

You could call it Grand Theft Auto: Cities of Vice. Or something. :lol:

Last edited:
1960s Italy would be nice. Plenty of mafia activities back then to base the story around, and lots of gorgeous cars.

Plus, there could be an “Italian Job” heist ;)

I would love to see the next GTA take place in a city that represents Detroit (I think that is Carcer City according to the GTA Wiki) as well as the surrounding Michigan area and some form of the UP, maybe include Toledo as well. Would be cool to have another "rags to riches" story, with the character being a laid off auto plant assembly line worker. They could then include changing weather (including snow), the large lake-going bulk carriers, some auto plants of the in-game manufacturers, and some hilariously bad Canadian/Yooper-type accents. Oh yeah, they could also have a mission at a hockey game a la Lethal Weapon 3!

I would love to see the next GTA take place in a city that represents Detroit (I think that is Carcer City according to the GTA Wiki) as well as the surrounding Michigan area and some form of the UP, maybe include Toledo as well. Would be cool to have another "rags to riches" story, with the character being a laid off auto plant assembly line worker. They could then include changing weather (including snow), the large lake-going bulk carriers, some auto plants of the in-game manufacturers, and some hilariously bad Canadian/Yooper-type accents. Oh yeah, they could also have a mission at a hockey game a la Lethal Weapon 3!
Being a michigander, this speaks to me. Chicago would be cool too. Could tie in that whole area, make it a mid west region. From Milwaukee, to Indy and over to detroit and Cleveland. All of those areas definitely fit the grit of GTA.

Alreet geezer.

Personally I think Japan with a Yakuza focus. There is a brief mention of them in GTA3 and thats it. They need a bigger presence in GTA I feel.
Didnt they have a fairly large part in GTA 2?

Being a michigander, this speaks to me. Chicago would be cool too. Could tie in that whole area, make it a mid west region. From Milwaukee, to Indy and over to detroit and Cleveland. All of those areas definitely fit the grit of GTA.

Didnt they have a fairly large part in GTA 2?
I don't really count the 2d games. Although maybe.

I would love to see the next GTA take place in a city that represents Detroit (I think that is Carcer City according to the GTA Wiki) as well as the surrounding Michigan area and some form of the UP, maybe include Toledo as well. Would be cool to have another "rags rust to riches" story, with the character being a laid off auto plant assembly line worker. They could then include changing weather (including snow), the large lake-going bulk carriers, some auto plants of the in-game manufacturers, and some hilariously bad Canadian/Yooper-type accents. Oh yeah, they could also have a mission at a hockey game a la Lethal Weapon 3!

FTFY. :lol:

I actually like the idea as a briefly-adopted Michigander (went to UoM). I also like the tie-in of Chicago. Toledo I'm not sure about....:lol:. Toronto might be better. You might be able to draw out a nice narrative contrasting the relative prosperity and opulence of the Canadian Toronto against the post-industrial milieu of the American Detroit. The whole game could posit the question of whether or not the US is in decline.

The issue is that I'm not sure if it could be a compelling game for most people. It doesn't have the universal appeal of Southern California, New York, or Miami to the world at large. I'm not sure Rockstar is willing to bet the farm on something that isn't a guaranteed winner. GTA V is the most profitable single piece of entertainment (of any medium) ever made. That's a lot to follow up on.

Last edited:
I don't really count the 2d games. Although maybe.
Sacrilege!
I just looked it up. The Yakuza were one of the factions you interacted with. There was also the Zaibatsu Corporation and the Loonies. If I remember correctly (it's been nearly 20 years since I played it last) working with one faction lowered your relationship with the others, the worse it was, the worse they attacked you when in their territories.

A GTA game set in Detroit would be more like a Fallout game rather than a GTA, to be honest.
Not at all. I mean, you might think that if you aren't from the area, but it goes from ghetto to rich real fast. A drive down Woodward or Telegraph shows an interesting mix of dichotomies.

Not at all. I mean, you might think that if you aren't from the area, but it goes from ghetto to rich real fast. A drive down Woodward or Telegraph shows an interesting mix of dichotomies.

Yeah Grosse Pointe and Bloomfield Hills are pretty damn posh. I would demand that Ann Arbor be included in any GTA game set in the Detroit Metro Area. :lol:

Yeah Grosse Pointe and Bloomfield Hills are pretty damn posh. I would demand that Ann Arbor be included in any GTA game set in the Detroit Metro Area. :lol:
Haha, I could see something like that random encounter where you smoke weed and trip in GTA V happening there. Could mock up a "Hash bash" for April fools weekend.
Speaking of... I wonder what will happen with hash bash now that it's legal here...

Haha, I could see something like that random encounter where you smoke weed and trip in GTA V happening there. Could mock up a "Hash bash" for April fools weekend.
Speaking of... I wonder what will happen with hash bash now that it's legal here...

I wouldn't say the participants displayed a great deal of caution before....:lol:

I wouldn't say the participants displayed a great deal of caution before....:lol:
Haha, as a frequent participant, I can attest to the truth of that statement. But, what I mean is, hash bash is a pro legalization rally. It's legal in the state, and is likely just an election cycle or so away from federal decriminalization. I guess at that point it will just be a hash bash.

Yep, I still feel Detroit makes sense!
Though as I iterated a long time ago, would love if it was more of a journey in time (Driver Parallel Lines, stylee).

A return to the true core of what made the original GTA games so fun to begin with, stealing cars for profit, and answering random phone booth calls for missions. Simpler times.
Then journey through with an evolving character, bringing it up to date with modern tech and a change in missions.

Yep, I still feel Detroit makes sense!
Though as I iterated a long time ago, would love if it was more of a journey in time (Driver Parallel Lines, stylee).

A return to the true core of what made the original GTA games so fun to begin with, stealing cars for profit, and answering random phone booth calls for missions. Simpler times.
Then journey through with an evolving character, bringing it up to date with modern tech and a change in missions.

Detroit could still work. It could be multiple eras combining the music, fashion, art, and automotive cultures of each

1950s & the mo-town sound + large luxurious american cruisers
Late 1960s & the origins of punk + muscle cars
1980s & techno + automotive malaise/conspicuous exotics
early 2000s & rap + fast & furious "scene"

Saw someone share this on Reddit today. Fan made obviously, but still my choice for the next game. Just my opinion.
https://external-preview.redd.it/mp...p4?s=39e6aa5e7cd61d3523bb38f2d27cb3ec12b94b48
5FNG4wWBdMKl9ScfYG8dHl2jsU61afsJ3IDQfvDE5yc-source.mp4

Having just watched The Grand tour series 3 episode 1. I would avoid Detroit, what a derelict, soulless dump of a city. Truly depressing. Best place for next gta is definitely Rio de Janeiro, brazil. Beaches, slums, mountains, stunning views, hot girls, drugs galore and plenty of crime and corrupt police.

Last edited:
Having just watched The Grand tour series 3 episode 1. I would avoid Detroit, what a derelict, soulless dump of a city. Truly depressing. Best place for next gta is definitely Rio de Janeiro, brazil. Beaches, slums, mountains, stunning views, hot girls, drugs galore and plenty of crime and corrupt police.

You can call Detroit a lot of things, but soulless is not one of them.

https://www.dexerto.com/gta/gta-6-l...sic-map-locations-shares-story-details-586740

Leaker reveals details about GTA 6:

the GTA 6 map will be made up of “multiple big cities which players can travel across”. ... the leaker suggests there will be (at least) two cities, which will be based on the east coast USA instead, with Liberty City (NYC) and Vice City (Miami).

The leaker gives some very basic, yet intriguing details on how the story is planned out currently, explaining that “[Y]ou will start as a small time guy in Liberty city doing odd chores and small-time thefts and eventually work your way to Vice city where you will join a famous gang.”

The end goal is to become ‘the drug lord’, according to the leak. Clearly, this is a fairly skeletal story outline at the stage, and even if accurate, could change in the development process.

Finally, the post also claims that current-gen console hardware will be incapable of handling the scale of GTA 6, and so it will be released on next-gen only: “This game cant come [out] for PS4 because of memory restrictions.”

Full post from leaker that was originally on Postbin but has now been removed:

"GTA 6 is going to feature multiple big cities which players can travel across.

In the title which will make you a kind of a drug lord. You will start as a small time guy in Liberty City doing odd chores and small-time thefts and eventually work your way to Vice City where you will join a famous gang. You will be tasked to look after business in liberty city until you are brought back to Vice City and soon become the drug lord.

Rockstar Games has an idea about when they want to release the game but the corporates want to analyze the sales of PS5 and the Xbox 2. This game cant come [out] for ps4 because of memory restrictions. We have 2 major cities along with a vast stretch of highways and Blaine County like countrysides in the middle of it all. There will also be some kind of timed era between the missions with flashbacks.

Certain shops will sell different types of items in different eras. RDR2 type stranger dialogues will be implemented.

There are big plans in online and with major content like newer towns. They are working closely with Microsoft and Sony on cloud gaming which will help them enable online to be a continuous process."

Sounds more like something a fan thought up and wanted to return to both cities. GTA IV basically starts off Niko as a small time guy that gets adopted into gang work after killing the loan shark sleeping with Roman's girlfriend & Vice City ends with Tommy becoming a drug lord himself.

Sounds more like something a fan thought up and wanted to return to both cities. GTA IV basically starts off Niko as a small time guy that gets adopted into gang work after killing the loan shark sleeping with Roman's girlfriend & Vice City ends with Tommy becoming a drug lord himself.

I'm gonna rate this one as dubious at best. I hope they don't try to Crew it by making a map big enough to be impossible to actually design (without heavily relying on procedural generation) and small enough that it doesn't feel like real-world scale. Its the uncomfortable uncanny valley (sort of) of map design that Rockstar has been actually very excellent about not falling into. Putting Liberty and Vice together on one traversable land mass would seem risky to me.

I wouldn’t mind flying between islands (and having a brief “time skip” cutscene through the clouds) as long as aircraft are faster than they are now. If I’m doing cargo missions, the top speed of a C-130 shouldn’t be 150 MPH.

I looked at GTAForums to see what they were discussing and found out there's another "leak" stating the game is going to revolve around Liberty, Vice, and South America. Had the same info about different eras, but said the game would progress over time, nothing about flashbacks.

I still think we're about 2 years from an actual trailer, and another year+ past that til' release. Next-gen should be well out by then I would assume.

As long as they bring back most of the really awesome vehicles they've introduced on GTA online, I could honestly care less where GTA 6 takes place. Just gimme my precious P-45 Nokota and V-60 Molotok, and I'll be set. :)

For me the next GTA should be join all known cities and states that we have seen all over the GTA universe. (Los Santos State, Vice City State and San Andreas state). It would been fantastic to travel all over these places!!!!
My wish for a GTA "Universe" maybe come true....

Back