GTAV 'Good Moments' Thread

England
Northamptonshire
Ryanswannell
So now the game has been out almost 24 hours (depending on where you live), I thought we could have a thread dedicated to those moment's that you only get in a GTA game. To get the ball rolling, here are two of mine so far (they are both music related)

Hearing the song 'Sleepwalking' by The Chain Gang of 1974 (the official trailer song) whilst actually playing the game. Brings feelings of joy of finally being able to play this game after years of wait, by playing a trailer song in-game.👍

The music being played during Franklin's mission, when (*spoiler alert) Lamar's drug deal goes wrong in the dark warehouse, and you are being gunned down by ballas. The music just makes the whole mission more intense, I loved it.

So, what are yours?

This morning I was riding down the freeway in a stolen Sanchez, just heading out to the country to explore. Then across the median I see a black pickup towing a speed boat. I jump the rail and quickly chase him down. I stop in front to hijack it in my typical GTA fashion, shooting the driver in the face. Now the pickup and boat are mine. I drive carefully to the nearest shore,to see if you can actually put the boat in the water off of the trailer. Line it up, slowly back in, and the boat releases once the trailer is deep enough. I hop on board, and head down the river to the ocean, where I am greeted by sailboats, jet skis, and dogs playing on the beach.

Pretty sure no other game comes close to that kind of variety.

Finding out there is an underground railway network- makes fun driving :)

Bad part: I didn't realise there were working trains

Car got destroyed :(

Stole someone's car and they followed me much, MUCH longer than in previous GTA games. The little red dot on the HUD map was there forever and finally I set the controller down to see if they would catch up. After about 3 minutes they caught up and took their car back! I know you can put tracking devices in your car in case it gets stolen, but does the AI have this too?! I can't experiment right now, but tonight I want to take another high-end car and find out. Other than that, I love how much more the AI interacts. Actually it's not really that much more than GTA IV, but that small difference makes you feel like the AI are more personal. I followed a woman who was sunbathing all the way to her house and watched her talk to other AI along the way. When we got to her house she turned around and literally told me, "somebody's on their rag, maybe next time" LOL. Has anybody else experimented with the pedestrians?

Last edited:
Xs, I have experimented with peds.

If making them run in front of trains counts :)

Xs, I have experimented with peds.

If making them run in front of trains counts :)
Well then, I know what I'm doing as soon as I get back on tonight :lol:.
Edit, just found the Air Force Base, what more GTA good moments could be had?

Last edited:
I tried to steel a high end car, shot the driver in the head, I guess because of that he floored it and drove over me :lol:

XS
Stole someone's car and they followed me much, MUCH longer than in previous GTA games. The little red dot on the HUD map was there forever and finally I set the controller down to see if they would catch up. After about 3 minutes they caught up and took their car back! I know you can put tracking devices in your car in case it gets stolen, but does the AI have this too?! I can't experiment right now, but tonight I want to take another high-end car and find out. Other than that, I love how much more the AI interacts. Actually it's not really that much more than GTA IV, but that small difference makes you feel like the AI are more personal. I followed a woman who was sunbathing all the way to her house and watched her talk to other AI along the way. When we got to her house she turned around and literally told me, "somebody's on their rag, maybe next time" LOL. Has anybody else experimented with the pedestrians?

I didn't knew that! That's very cool!

edit:
Could be a spoiler, but; I liked killing those aliens a lot :D

Last edited:
I was walking down the street in front of franklins after a mission and I pressed the right directional pad on my ps3 controller. And Franklin said "what up" to this Guy. Well the Guy didn't like it and pushed me. So I swung and hit him in the mouth and knocked him out and his hat off.

I was walking out of LS into the country, I climbed a hill only to hear some sort of mountain lion. Conjuring memories from RDR I would be lying if I said wasn't a tad concerned (:P). I turn and I see it kind of circling me... so in a rush...

BAM! managed to shoot the cat in the ass but it seemed good enough as it dropped to the ground, win!
until.... it got back up a moment later, I started shooting wildly and coming up short. It mauled me to death.

Lesson learn't, if you shoot a animal like that, make sure it is a good shot before claiming victory cause it might just come back and bite you in the ass.

Keep the AUP in mind in here folks. Just because it's in the game doesn't mean it needs to be written out in explicit detail here.

There are creative ways to say things without being blunt and obvious about it.

AUP
You will not post or link to content that is obscene or sexually oriented.

Went up to the tallest building in the city in a stolen chopper, then as I was trying to land it on the roof I accidentally hit Y and fell off the roof, was pretty funny watching him fall with no parachute.

I was out in the country, destroyed my car by "pushing" it of a cliff. The I had to find me a rude. I saw somenone park his car. Now it's mine.

Also at night the city looks fantastis when looked upon from a mountain!

Posted this in the premo section already, but why not here too?

Trailer on top of Mt. Chilliad.
21f6609b-5722-4ea5-9a5e-30caa5c9b518_zps2246f951.jpg~original

Took me a lot of retries and time to finally get it up there :lol:

I was on a racing bike last night and when I pressed the horn button, you got the pathetic tink tink of a bicycle bell.

The General Lee horn fits so well. I was sitting at a red light and kept hitting it repeatedly, to the point a couple Vagos from the car in front of me got pissed of and started shooting lol.

I really like how if you slam into another car at a high speed, it kills that driver. :lol:

I scraped a motorcycle while driving a truck and he started chasing after me. I slammed on the breaks and he went straight into the back of me and I managed to hit the rear button in time to see the carnage.

I was driving outside Franklin's house and hit the right d-pad which called a hooker over to the car (I didn't even mean to do it). The hooker walked out in to the road and car wiped out.

My favourite crash so far has been when I was driving a jacked up pick up truck and swerved to miss a lorry, hit the intersection concrete with the front wheel which caused it to buckle and seize.

I pulled the handbrake at the lights and rev'ed my car up, and the sports car next to me took it as meaning I wanted a drag race and he took off on the third rev, even on a red light :)

I hung around a shootout between cops and criminals, and found a briefcace of $5000 cash that one of the dead criminals dropped .
Punched out the last criminal that cops were shooting at, I got a further $5000 as a reward from the cops :)

Last edited:
DustDriver
Posted this in the premo section already, but why not here too?

Trailer on top of Mt. Chilliad.

Took me a lot of retries and time to finally get it up there :lol:

You win the thread.

I really like how if you slam into another car at a high speed, it kills that driver. :lol:

Just don't go too fast, or the impact will actually cause you to lose a big chunk of health. :lol:

Anyway, last night I was driving along in Sandy Shores as Michael. After buying and tuning a Banshee, I figured it was time for a road trip. On the way there I accidentally bumped into a farm tractor. I didn't make much note of it, until I saw the damn thing rear end me! And I was going top speed!
The rubber-banding in this game is hilariously bad sometimes. A farm tractor keeping up with a Dodge Viper knockoff? Pff. :lol:
So yeah. That was a good moment for me because I got quite the chuckle out of seeing an old rusty farm tractor keep up with my highly modified Banshee.

Just don't go too fast, or the impact will actually cause you to lose a big chunk of health. :lol:

Anyway, last night I was driving along in Sandy Shores as Michael. After buying and tuning a Banshee, I figured it was time for a road trip. On the way there I accidentally bumped into a farm tractor. I didn't make much note of it, until I saw the damn thing rear end me! And I was going top speed!
The rubber-banding in this game is hilariously bad sometimes. A farm tractor keeping up with a Dodge Viper knockoff? Pff. :lol:
So yeah. That was a good moment for me because I got quite the chuckle out of seeing an old rusty farm tractor keep up with my highly modified Banshee.

Maybe the owner of that tractor has a V12 stashed under the hood(or whatever tractors have) :sly:

I love all the little details, Trevor tells Michael to get flying lessons in preparation for one of the heists and because I didn't take any with Michael Trevor started having a go at him. :D

I love all the little details, Trevor tells Michael to get flying lessons in preparation for one of the heists and because I didn't take any with Michael Trevor started having a go at him. :D

Ha Ha, I love little details like that in games.

When you have someone sitting in the bed of a pickup truck and you crash, they go flying. Hilarious!

Back