gtc + magic 3.6 modchip = awsome!!!

• Thread starter jetguy
  • 46 comments
I stayed home from work yesterday so I could install my magic 3.6 mod chip. That chip was a major pain in the A$$ to install, the stuff you have to solder is SO small, and if you get any solder on the leg of the micro chip that is less than a hair width away you would be screwed!!!

But I did it and put it all back together and low and behold... it actually worked!!!!!

then my reward was playing gtc for 8 hours straight (game geek)
I have cleared every thing in the game except the the gold licences. my competion rate is 77%.

does anyone know if i can get the subaru wrx sti sportwagon in gtc concept geneva?

I know I raced against it in a race but I dont see it as a selectable car anywere.

later,
jetguy

Good question. What chip should you get?

Here is a review:

No- Solder Mod Chip: This chip allows you to play DVD-R games and CDR under 80 minutes ( pretty useless unless you have DVD-R). You also need a Gameshark or Action Replay for this game. Price is usually about $15-30. No Soldering required.

Sbox/Neo Key: This is a pretty cool chip. It plugs into your USB port and allows use for any CDR game. Not DVD-R though. you will have to solder two points on the motherboard though, and thats it. You still need a Gameshark or Action Replay. Price Range is from $10-$40. I have one for sale so PM me if interested.

Messiah 2 Chip: The grand king of them all. Both this and Magic chips have the biggest wars in modding. The Messiah 2 will boot ANY game ever for PS2 without use of anything, direct boot! This means it will play Imports, CDR, DVD-R, and whatever else you throw at it. Prices are about $80.00 solid. It is though very hard to install, so you will need a pro or alot of soldering experience.

Magic Chips: These are very similar to a Messiah but sometimes have problems booting, but they still do direct boot. They are cheaper in price and you can get one for about $15-30. Though they are also quite hard to install, also the cool thing is, if you want to switch a Magic-Messiah in the future, pretty much all you have to do is add a couple wires and solder just about five other points, so switching is easy.

For the:

Magic
Messiah
Neo Key/ Sbox

They will work on any version PS2.

To tell what version you have you need to:

See how many screws are on the bottom, copy the Serial Number and post it here or find a site where you can find the numbers. I will help you out if you want.

So, if you want a chip, the best way to go is with a Magic or Messiah, though others are good, you still will have limits to what you can play. Is the GTC game an origional, copy, or what? Anyhow, the choice is yours.;)

There are loads of cars in the game from GT3 which you can race against but not actually drive; including the Viper GTS-R team ORECA.:D

ok, out of all the chips that i've seen, im thinkin' of magic 3 (the red one). but what do you recommend??? i just got my ps2 about 1 month ago.

Hey,

I would say a Messiah 2 if you have the money. Magics sometimes act stupid and dont load games but WILL eventually, but Magic is fine. Make sure you get a 3.1 and make sure the person you order from has a good rep.;)

To tell what version you have you need to:

See how many screws are on the bottom, copy the Serial Number and post it here or find a site where you can find the numbers. I will help you out if you want.

So, if you want a chip, the best way to go is with a Magic or Messiah, though others are good, you still will have limits to what you can play. Is the GTC game an origional, copy, or what? Anyhow, the choice is yours

mine has 6 screws @ the bottom and the serial number is FU3255444 and the model # is SCPH-39001

thanks

Originally posted by supra229
There are loads of cars in the game from GT3 which you can race against but not actually drive; including the Viper GTS-R team ORECA.:D
can't one just use da game shark 2 to get all the cars in GTC?

r.gif

Originally posted by supra229
why cant you aquire the GTS-R ? Have mine toppin out at 490, with 8848 hp

Hey,

A :SCPH-39001 is a Version 7 Playstation 2. I am pretty sure. What chip are you getting?

Thats about all i know, that i have ps2 version 7.
im planning on going with the magic chip 3.1 (the red one) from modchip.ca

so... how does one do to obtain GTC?
where can i buy it? or maybe download it, cause I do have a DVD-R burner... just would like some info :) thx

no you don't im not sure how that works but when i inserted the GTC cd in ps2 you could see the "please insert a ps2 cd" caption, i dont have my ps2 chipped yet but it worked in my tv.

No, the chip fixes PAL-NSTC so..... You could get GTC as a ****** (figure it out or PM me) so, you can also download it from some places but I wont say them here. I would say just go buy the origional copy. So, its ur choice!;) :) :lol: :D :P :cool:

Originally posted by eCkS
mine has 6 screws @ the bottom and the serial number is FU3255444 and the model # is SCPH-39001

thanks

hey hey !!! u have the same ps2 that i have but i have a messaih 2 in itlol... i bought my ps2 for about 550 canadian dollars it included: 2 ps2 controlelrs, 2 memorycards, 10 free games(cd's) and the consel with it and all the cables in side..

lol mine is all good ps2 boots every game fine!!! no screw ups..plays all ps2 games ( i never play those real games only copy games real games are for dumb a s s e s that waste money!!)

Originally posted by Total_turbo
lol mine is all good ps2 boots every game fine!!! no screw ups..plays all ps2 games ( i never play those real games only copy games real games are for dumb a s s e s that waste money!!)

Strike one. :irked:

Just thought I should mention - you can apparently drive any car of 373 (!) which means any car in GT3 or GTC, if you get your garage file to your PC and edit it with MKS Garage Editor. You can also make GTC hybrids this way, and unlock a few hidden cars (e.g. Alfa 146 2.0 Twin Spark, Spider, Peugeut 206cc, 106)

Originally posted by Arwin
Just thought I should mention - you can apparently drive any car of 373 (!) which means any car in GT3 or GTC, if you get your garage file to your PC and edit it with MKS Garage Editor. You can also make GTC hybrids this way, and unlock a few hidden cars (e.g. Alfa 146 2.0 Twin Spark, Spider, Peugeut 206cc, 106)
How bout an Shelby GT-500 Mustang ...:confused:

Nope, not as far as I know. There's a Fiat Barchetta I forgot, but that's about it I think. EDIT: oh and a Vauxhall Corsa, a Fiat Punto and a Hyundai which I don't recall having seen before (Triburon V6 GT)

Back