GTC Tokyo Geneva Screens Bonanza! Good Stuff!

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 156 comments
Ok here is the status with those videos, I have managed to rip the GTConcept Promo Video, a DVD review with the Mini Cooper LM in it. RX-8 vs Mazda 6 for mazkid, Keeno_UK drivng the Mercedes AMG SL55 and a wmv file of me drifting mad skillz in the Jaguar S Type R. The problem is that the videos are uncompressed and MASSIVE, the DVD review is 1.6gb. Also I was unable to record sound. So I need to put a soundtrack on them and also compress them. But this is where I have come stuck I have Sonic foundry vegas video but I seem to be cackhanded with it, oh yeah also my computer is crap P2 266. So can somebody give me some advice?

You could try DVD2AVI, or TMPGEnc. I suggest TMPGEnc...it's easy to use, good quality, :D free :D

It'll compress everything to VCD standard pretty handily.

I had a DivX encoder floating around at one time...I'll see if I can dig it up to tell you what it is.

Oh crap I didnt mean to put that there! :(

Why is it that the only replay I capture has to have swearwords in the damn comment. Not the best of things to do :(

Originally posted by risingson77
*tsk*

Well, that's that. Now you have to be taken to the GTP dungeon and flogged. 😈

:reallyodd

:crazy:

Aaaaaaaaaanyway!
Err lets see now
Ok Ive given up the idea of doing DIVX on this computer at least. Maybe in a weeks time when I get my new m/board for my other comp I might try and do them in divx. At the moment WMV version 8 seems quick to encode and a decent enough quality so I will do the vids in that and when I get my new faster comp working I will do the divx versions. Also I have encoded the promo video with 2 different soundtracks. Also I have edited the Jaguar S Type-R video and got rid of that "comment" and also added a soundtrack!

Pentium 2 266mhz
I have a P4 1.8ghz at work but I dont think theyd be particularly pleased at work to see me editing and encoding GTConcept videos, instead of resolving peoples comp problems. This saturday I should be getting a P3 1ghz comp for my home comp, will that be enough?

Nice! Yeah, it should be fine...I noticed a HUGE reduction in encoding time when I upgraded from my old K6-2 500 to a T-bird running at 1.2 GHz.

Example: I had a 3.5 minute clip I encoded on the 500. It took 21 hours. :ill: The same clip on the newer PC took 5-6 minutes. :)

you ran your computer for 21 hours sor a 3 min clip? man now thats crazy! unless it was a good clip ;)

Have you tried the video I uploaded today, its basically the same one but edited slightly. I kinda need some feedback

Oh I see!
Im uploading another video at the moment, although I might change the music on this one.

so did you try the clip with no name? well the one on the link in my sig.

Naww the other file is only 6 or so mb, but ive been having some problems with the uploading process. Do the video work then?
I think ill do the dvd rip video at work, lovely leased line I think we have 4mb per second.

Oh its by Bad Religion and the song is called called Supersonic.

My comp was getting stressed out a while ago, I had vegas video encoding a video I was browsing the internet and listening to winamp, lucky I have 512mb of ram or my comp wouldve died.

I made some new drift vids today early morning :sleep: damn it took awhile I dones some drifts on autun ring 2 wid the gt skyline and and mid-field raceway 2 wid the concept gt40 and hopefully they should be encoded by the weekend by y2tuscan and our mate wid the tv card

Ok I uploaded new videos, one is a high quality version of the other GTConcept promo video. Also I have 1 lap of RX-8 vs Mazda 6 (can you guess who asked for that?) and Some Mercedes AMG action at midfield!

please click the link on my sig I need some feedback (you know just say how crap or good you think they are!) any would be appriciated!

No I asked for feedback not you mouthing off :P
What do you mean that damn good. That GT40 replay you made isnt getting captured because it looks crap. Mind you the Elise vs VX220 and The Lexus SC430 vs The mercedes CL500 will be good when captured. Although we need to do more 2 player races

Latest Posts

Back