GTdb: Lap times, Replays, Leaderboards

• Thread starter zabeu
  • 89 comments
Great site and brilliant work putting it all together.

I am new to the Pro side of GT5P and see that I need a lot of work to get up to the standards of the racers posting on gtdb.

I posted my first replay and it works great :)

Is there a way to download others replays? I would like to use others ghost replays to help improve my lap times. I get HTTP 500 Internal server error if I click on any lap time.

Thanks in advance.

Rufus4pres,

It may be that you are trying to dl a replay in a different format then the one you uploaded, as in ntsc vs pal.

Rufus4pres,

It may be that you are trying to dl a replay in a different format then the one you uploaded, as in ntsc vs pal.

Thanks arora for the help.

Last night I received a PS3 message from Tim. He took the time to check gtdb.net and confirmed all looks good on his side. This got me thinking "Hey the PS3 has a Internet browser, why not try that?" Duh, it works great and I can download all the awsome replays :)

But... arora, your correct. I am in US with NTSC and the PS3 web browser gives me a warning that the replays are PAL version and might not work. I copied several Suzuka replays to my PS3 hoping for the best, but GT5 does not see them :(.

There must be a way to do this as I can use all the Internealtional Time Trial Ghost replays. If I figure out something I will post it, but for now I will study the Youtube videos :)

There must be a way to do this as I can use all the Internealtional Time Trial Ghost replays. If I figure out something I will post it, but for now I will study the Youtube videos :)

I think when you DL the replays through the game from the leaderboards, it converts it to your version.

Is there a particular replay you are looking for? I have NTSC and may be able to give you one. :)

I think when you DL the replays through the game from the leaderboards, it converts it to your version.

Yes the ones from the leaderboards work no matter what game version was used to make the top 10.

Are the replays on gtdb zipped? edit: I see from the OP that they are zipped.

Is there a particular replay you are looking for? I have NTSC and may be able to give you one. :)

I am looking at the replay of the suzuka 600 event in the Evolution X specifically :)

Thanks in advance EL_ZISSOU.

I am looking at the replay of the suzuka 600 event in the Evolution X specifically :)

Thanks in advance EL_ZISSOU.

No problem sir :)

I did not have an NTSC replay so I did a few laps and got this 2'08.7. It was interesting driving the Evo after so many laps in the TT from our new event- the Evo is a lot harder to manage! :crazy:

Good luck! Let me know if you need anything else :cheers:

Attachments

• EL_ZISSOU Suzuka 600pp Exo X 2'08.792.zip
    114.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
No problem sir :)

I did not have an NTSC replay so I did a few laps and got this 2'08.7. It was interesting driving the Evo after so many laps in the TT from our new event- the Evo is a lot harder to manage! :crazy:

Good luck! Let me know if you need anything else :cheers:

Got it and thanks again. I have already improved my time using your ghost replay, but I have more work to do. See you guys at the track.

I have already improved my time

burns-excellent.gif

Sorry for taking my sweet time there, I checked again and there was in fact a bug in the gtdb code that lead to a 500 internal server error.

It's fixed now, but it only prevented you from seeing a message warning you about the incompatibility of your game version (inferred from your previous upload) and the replay you were trying to download. You can force the download but as has been said before, unfortunately normal replay files from one game version won't load on another.

Thanks for helping each other there while I was awol :cheers:

-*- Edit -*-

Updated for the current event cycle. It's nice to see the popular Suzuka 550 RWD race return which has gathered quite an impressive collection of laps (thanks everyone! 👍).

:cheers:

Last edited:
New event, with an old funk. Still good with Suzuka 700pp regardless though. This month's quest is to break into the 1'58s time. Something to look forward to :D

Psshhhh....I'm happy running 2:01.7xx in my 350Z. Wish it would go that fast...

That's pretty damn fast for that car R16. I'm not sure if I can get there with that same car man. The one that can get into the 1'58s, you refuse to use them man. So yes, be happy with the 2'01.7s man. It's fast slimmy!

2'06.592 in the Lotus Elise N1 event

Im guessing the fastest times will be low 5s or high 4s maybe even faster if they put some time into it

How do I go about downloading the replay to watch on my computer. Is there a program that I need to down load first. A little ignorant to technology sorry.

I did and this would come up:

REPLAY.DAT
I would double click on it and it would say:
Window cannot open this file
what do you want to do?
gives me two choices
1. list the web service to find appropriate program
2. select the program from a list

This is why I asked if I need to download a program from the internet so that it could play the replay. If I do, what program is it that I need to download? Please show this ignorant fool the way....:D

I did and this would come up:

REPLAY.DAT
I would double click on it and it would say:
Window cannot open this file
what do you want to do?
gives me two choices
1. list the web service to find appropriate program
2. select the program from a list

This is why I asked if I need to download a program from the internet so that it could play the replay. If I do, what program is it that I need to download? Please show this ignorant fool the way....:D

You can't watch the replays on your computer as far as I know, save the file and watch it on the ps3. Also, have you posted a replay before? I don't think you can dl any untill you post one yourself.

You can't watch the replays on your computer as far as I know, save the file and watch it on the ps3. Also, have you posted a replay before? I don't think you can dl any untill you post one yourself.

I was just informed by EL_Zs. Again, a little ignorant to technology here fellas. Please forgive and tanks fo da help!!! :D

my best in R8 for the Fuji 700pp is 1:38.311 =) I have that clean lap saved as a ghost, forgot to save as a replay. (

Last edited:
Alex that's the replay that you need to upload onto this site man. It will only load the ghost replay.

is a 1'03.377 on london city in a ford focus st (prologue) good for a new wheel user?

just wonderng because i'm a newbie to wheels and what not :)

Updated for what looks to be the penultimate event cycle before we all move on to greener pastures 👍

Thanks everyone for the laps posted in the last months, it's great to see the amazing progress some of you have made. :cheers:

Thank you man for the site, as it really helped us, well me improve.
I still think there might be one more update on the 28th October...hehe..!!!

Thanks DCP, happy to hear you found the site useful. 👍

And I hope you don't slow down after finishing the penultimate lap of a race. :) :cheers:

-*- Edit -*-

Updated for the latest event recycling cycle. (If somebody posts a lap for the Z06 event, that'll be updated too - right now it's missing.) 👍

Last edited:
Back