GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by LosCules24SFA, Nov 29, 2014.

?

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

Poll closed Dec 3, 2014.
  1. RWD

69.8%
  2. 4WD

42.2%
  3. FWD

4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TVR27

TVR27

I haven't seen this thread in a long time.

2. LosCules24SFA

LosCules24SFA

We haven't seen you in a long time lol

Smurfybug, citroengt1 and Latvija27 like this.
  3. citroengt1

citroengt1

Hello everyone.
    I am making this post as a sum up of the entire project timeline.

Back when VGT took off in GT series, some delightful car manufacturers were listed.
    Including the Alfa Romeo, which already had some stunning concept arts open to public.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, later on we found out that Alfa Romeo was removed from the list.
    It was probably canceled.Saddened by the news, one of the GTP user's LosCules24SFA started an
    uneasy, but bold idea that we, the community, should make our own Vision Gran Turismo car.

One of the first sketches that were made for the project by many users back when it started.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course the idea seemed beige and impossible at the time, but with some stroke of luck, more people wanted in, with their own ideas and plans for the car.It was amazing.
    As we started to gather people, we realized that we need order in our project.
    We agreed to make a list that will state which person is tasked to a certain job.
    Some will be managers, some will be lead developers, and so on.

Concept art by user Nessy.
    [​IMG]

After we established the positions, we wanted to get serious and look professional.So we started
    to work on more pictures, concept arts, CGI renders, and other media.

CGI render by Eran0004.
    [​IMG]

Sketch made by user Andefir.
    [​IMG]

We also started to make polls from which we gathered the basic ideas on what will the car be,
    and what will be made of.

Concept art by user Nessy.
    [​IMG]

So here we are now.After 2 years or so we made a wonderful project with a crazy amount of hype and expectations.We lost some people due to no responses from the Polyphony Digital or other unforeseen consequences.But few of us are still proud and strong, holding this project alive with our goals in sync to get the car finished one day.

As of now, we are working to get...let's say...even more public with our project.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    girabyt3, LosCules24SFA, cgg and 8 others like this.
  4. TVR27

TVR27

October has already gone where have I been ?

5. YukinoSuzuka

YukinoSuzuka

Happy to be on this GTDesigned team :D:gtpflag:

6. R5

R5 (Banned)

So... I've been gone for a while, and I have a few questions.

Is this still... Y'know, alive? This thread seems to be a wasteland getting necro'd for no reason and the dedicated forum doesn't seem too active from what I've seen.

If it's still alive, how much progress has been made in the last... erm, year I think it is?

7. citroengt1

citroengt1

Yes C_R5_575TLR we are still alive.
    Our project has been slow ever since that message was sent to PD about their interest of our work.
    And btw, only word we received was that the PD is aware of our project and its interest in it.
    So that's the current situation.We are still making ideas on the car, but all that can go down the crapper
    if we get rejected.
    But we are still alive, few of us crazy folks...

cgg likes this.
  8. TVR27

TVR27

I think @Nessy still has the best car.

WhiterunGuard and Smurfybug like this.
  9. YukinoSuzuka

YukinoSuzuka

Small update from me..

As one of the moderators of GTDesigned I'm very happy this project is still alive. To be exact.. We are on a roll now. Our forumboard is revvingup with great threads and we need some new inspiration, from this wonderfull thread what inspired us to start GTD !!

I know PD is not active at all *this moment*, but we still believe this project can succeed, if it isn't with plan A, we will search for good alternatives for a plan B or C to have a community based concept/race car that actually drives in a race or simgame.
    Yes Gran Turismo is our main target and we wouldn't stop to aim on them without a message from them, and their not interested in us. With good concepts, drawings and sketches we could make a solid portfolio Polyphony Digital can't deny and won't say those words (hopefully).

So.. Do you believe in magic? Do you believe a bunch of guys (and some girls?) could make it to have a fan-based concept car in our favourite title ? I do.. I still do after more than 2 years..

More than ever ! :gtpflag:

kembro, titleguy1, cgg and 11 others like this.
  10. TVR27

TVR27

Why don't we put the car on Gran Turismo 7 instead of Gran Turismo 6 because by the time the car will be ready Gran Turismo 6 will be obsolete.

mrnascar242424 likes this.
  11. LosCules24SFA

LosCules24SFA

We'll follow where the Vision GT program will go. We'll aim for GT7 or GTSport, depends on where will the program continue, currently GT6 is still the latest iteration of the game.

12. YukinoSuzuka

YukinoSuzuka

13. titleguy1

titleguy1

That's great! I'm really sorry I've not been able to keep up much, I promise I'll check this out and contribute more often. With my newfound and indecent skills with a Wacom Intuos, I'll make some pictures on Photoshop.

LosCules24SFA and Nessy like this.
  14. LosCules24SFA

LosCules24SFA

@titleguy1 nice :tup: you could join team's forum at gtdesigned.boards.net if you'd like to :cheers:

titleguy1 likes this.
  15. titleguy1

titleguy1

I've been on there since it was made :lol:
    Anyways, I tried something out.
    [​IMG]

LosCules24SFA likes this.
  16. girabyt3

girabyt3 Premium

I think liveries on your designs and some VGTs should be in this thread. Some Fan-art I did for a band called "VISTΛ" using the Bugatti VGT (1st livery ever made for it I think)

pic 1.jpg

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  17. LosCules24SFA

LosCules24SFA

No way! you gotta be joking, Sorry mate didn't notice you're on our forum :lol:

Not bad mate ;) GTDesigned is open for more contributors :cheers:

girabyt3 likes this.
  18. titleguy1

titleguy1

I'm trying out shading. Not the best thing, but I think it's not too bad.
    [​IMG]

19. TVR27

TVR27

When are we going to choose a car design ?

20. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Can I offer a design?

21. LosCules24SFA

LosCules24SFA

Hmm perhaps not in the near future. Our current focus is to make as much designs as possible for our teams portfolio in case of a partnership needed. So I guess we're free to do some brainstorming then :D

Sure you can mate! :gtpflag:

Latvija27 likes this.
  22. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

20160325_105445.jpg

Only a sketch so disregard the general crappiness. Also ignore the name for now. This was originally a design for a road car I wanted to make, but I feel it'd be better as a VGT.

23. LosCules24SFA

LosCules24SFA

That's fine :D better keep the creative juices flowing I'd say :sly: And thanks for the suggestion mate! We really need to get more interest on this project :cheers:

cgg, Latvija27 and Obelisk like this.
  24. 787bcgr

787bcgr

So we're dumping all of the previous design and plans?

25. LosCules24SFA

LosCules24SFA

No, not at all. The most valuable ideas definitely will be use for our portfolio before we finally work on the real deal, that is the VGT

26. Turbotwin01

Turbotwin01

How appropriate would it be to make a design on Automation?

titleguy1 and LosCules24SFA like this.
  27. girabyt3

girabyt3 Premium

That's a good idea, we can use STuner as well

LosCules24SFA and Turbotwin01 like this.
  28. Carlos_Alvar

Carlos_Alvar

Wow, this is a great idea, make a Vision GT Car from GTPlanet!!!!!

Let's make some nooooooooiiiiiiiisssssssseee!!!!!!!

LosCules24SFA likes this.
  29. LosCules24SFA

LosCules24SFA

Maybe if someone is just still interested in the Community VGT project.. We as GTDesigned have started a FB main page with announcements, news and own work about GT and their VGT's and our own work as portfolio and maybe a first try/ideas about what the Community VGT could be.. Watch or follow us at ; https://www.facebook.com/gtdesigned

Don't get high expectations that soon.. we are all busy with our own work and we (from GTDesigned) are still believing in this project, especially a.t.m. Kaz having said that we are just not on 50% of the VGT project at this very moment. Everything is still possible ! Just wait, no rush, patience and try to make something really amazing !

With that, we are still looking for more 2D & 3D modellers that could help us make ideas into very cool renderings. Your work will be really apreciated and you'll stay owner and designer of your drawings !! Like a community should be.. we don't see ourselfes as a company, more like a club !

Renan_, YukinoSuzuka and Obelisk like this.
  30. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

I already submitted my 2D sketch :lol:

How else could I help?