GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello everyone.
I am making this post as a sum up of the entire project timeline.

Back when VGT took off in GT series, some delightful car manufacturers were listed.
Including the Alfa Romeo, which already had some stunning concept arts open to public.

Alfa-Romeo-6C-Biposto-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Design-Sketches-720x405.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-a-sketch-for-Vision-Gran-Turismo.-e1416467301614.jpg

Unfortunately, later on we found out that Alfa Romeo was removed from the list.
It was probably canceled.Saddened by the news, one of the GTP user's LosCules24SFA started an
uneasy, but bold idea that we, the community, should make our own Vision Gran Turismo car.

One of the first sketches that were made for the project by many users back when it started.
image-jpg.264572

vgt-jpg.264748

imag0942-jpg.264908

Of course the idea seemed beige and impossible at the time, but with some stroke of luck, more people wanted in, with their own ideas and plans for the car.It was amazing.
As we started to gather people, we realized that we need order in our project.
We agreed to make a list that will state which person is tasked to a certain job.
Some will be managers, some will be lead developers, and so on.

Concept art by user Nessy.
12719091474_2232510ed9_c.jpg

After we established the positions, we wanted to get serious and look professional.So we started
to work on more pictures, concept arts, CGI renders, and other media.

CGI render by Eran0004.
vgt2_3-png.270092

Sketch made by user Andefir.
tyWIAQ6.png

We also started to make polls from which we gathered the basic ideas on what will the car be,
and what will be made of.

Concept art by user Nessy.
21003376508_e50d9abb7f_c.jpg

So here we are now.After 2 years or so we made a wonderful project with a crazy amount of hype and expectations.We lost some people due to no responses from the Polyphony Digital or other unforeseen consequences.But few of us are still proud and strong, holding this project alive with our goals in sync to get the car finished one day.

As of now, we are working to get...let's say...even more public with our project.

Last edited:
So... I've been gone for a while, and I have a few questions.

Is this still... Y'know, alive? This thread seems to be a wasteland getting necro'd for no reason and the dedicated forum doesn't seem too active from what I've seen.

If it's still alive, how much progress has been made in the last... erm, year I think it is?

Yes C_R5_575TLR we are still alive.
Our project has been slow ever since that message was sent to PD about their interest of our work.
And btw, only word we received was that the PD is aware of our project and its interest in it.
So that's the current situation.We are still making ideas on the car, but all that can go down the crapper
if we get rejected.
But we are still alive, few of us crazy folks...

Small update from me..

As one of the moderators of GTDesigned I'm very happy this project is still alive. To be exact.. We are on a roll now. Our forumboard is revvingup with great threads and we need some new inspiration, from this wonderfull thread what inspired us to start GTD !!

I know PD is not active at all *this moment*, but we still believe this project can succeed, if it isn't with plan A, we will search for good alternatives for a plan B or C to have a community based concept/race car that actually drives in a race or simgame.
Yes Gran Turismo is our main target and we wouldn't stop to aim on them without a message from them, and their not interested in us. With good concepts, drawings and sketches we could make a solid portfolio Polyphony Digital can't deny and won't say those words (hopefully).

So.. Do you believe in magic? Do you believe a bunch of guys (and some girls?) could make it to have a fan-based concept car in our favourite title ? I do.. I still do after more than 2 years..

More than ever ! :gtpflag:

That's great! I'm really sorry I've not been able to keep up much, I promise I'll check this out and contribute more often. With my newfound and indecent skills with a Wacom Intuos, I'll make some pictures on Photoshop.

I think liveries on your designs and some VGTs should be in this thread. Some Fan-art I did for a band called "VISTΛ" using the Bugatti VGT (1st livery ever made for it I think)

pic 1.jpg

I've been on there since it was made :lol:
Anyways, I tried something out.
PqVmww4.png
No way! you gotta be joking, Sorry mate didn't notice you're on our forum :lol:

I think liveries on your designs and some VGTs should be in this thread. Some Fan-art I did for a band called "VISTΛ" using the Bugatti VGT (1st livery ever made for it I think)

View attachment 529824
Not bad mate ;) GTDesigned is open for more contributors :cheers:

20160325_105445.jpg

Only a sketch so disregard the general crappiness. Also ignore the name for now. This was originally a design for a road car I wanted to make, but I feel it'd be better as a VGT.

Maybe if someone is just still interested in the Community VGT project.. We as GTDesigned have started a FB main page with announcements, news and own work about GT and their VGT's and our own work as portfolio and maybe a first try/ideas about what the Community VGT could be.. Watch or follow us at ; https://www.facebook.com/gtdesigned

Don't get high expectations that soon.. we are all busy with our own work and we (from GTDesigned) are still believing in this project, especially a.t.m. Kaz having said that we are just not on 50% of the VGT project at this very moment. Everything is still possible ! Just wait, no rush, patience and try to make something really amazing !

With that, we are still looking for more 2D & 3D modellers that could help us make ideas into very cool renderings. Your work will be really apreciated and you'll stay owner and designer of your drawings !! Like a community should be.. we don't see ourselfes as a company, more like a club !

Maybe if someone is just still interested in the Community VGT project.. We as GTDesigned have started a FB main page with announcements, news and own work about GT and their VGT's and our own work as portfolio and maybe a first try/ideas about what the Community VGT could be.. Watch or follow us at ; https://www.facebook.com/gtdesigned

Don't get high expectations that soon.. we are all busy with our own work and we (from GTDesigned) are still believing in this project, especially a.t.m. Kaz having said that we are just not on 50% of the VGT project at this very moment. Everything is still possible ! Just wait, no rush, patience and try to make something really amazing !

With that, we are still looking for more 2D & 3D modellers that could help us make ideas into very cool renderings. Your work will be really apreciated and you'll stay owner and designer of your drawings !! Like a community should be.. we don't see ourselfes as a company, more like a club !
I already submitted my 2D sketch :lol:

How else could I help?

Back