GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just saying, in case if we decide to make a life size prototype of it or PD doesn't accept our entrance just because we're not a company
Well, Jordan is getting in touch with PD, so that's a start. Plus, PD do recognise this site and would probably accept our entry.

Life size prototypes are also doubtful anyway, and I'm sure people would much rather 1:18 models.

Well, Jordan is getting in touch with PD, so that's a start. Plus, PD do recognise this site and would probably accept our entry.

Life size prototypes are also doubtful anyway, and I'm sure people would much rather 1:18 models.

If we're going to make a 1:18 replica of the car, I'll tell my friend from South Africa, maybe he can help us

Of course I only just start on this :banghead:
Had a pretty crazy idea in my head too. Or Maybe it was the Jimmy talking...

Attachments

• VGT.JPG
    VGT.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 7
My current design, based on results from this thread. Wheelbase is the EXACT same (I measured) as the miata, which while not a "city car" is still a shorter wheelbase than a fiat panda. The design is loosely based around the stratos, and incorporates a power bulge in the front hood to fit a naturally aspirated 1-liter 2-stroke v4 based on AAEN Performance's racing engine. Measured it has a full length of only about 3.5 meters

I anticipate that, as we have no budget for the car, we will use exotic materials in the engine (beryllium, magnesium, titanium, carbon fiber) and as the weight of this engine is already 45 kg rather than reduce the weight further we can make revisions to make the engine more powerful, taking the 1 liter up to 300 HP @ 12000 RPM. This will drive a Subaru based CVT, again made out of exotic materials to reduce weight.

In the rear, under the louvers (because all awesome automobiles need louvers) is a 9ff gt9-r 4 liter Flat-6 engine, again made from the same exotic materials as the v4. Using the electronic turbo from the formula 1 engines instead of the bi-turbo we will push the boost pressure from the normal 2 bar of the 9ff to 3 bar (formula cars usually produce 3.5 bar, 4 bar on qualifying laps). This engine will easily produce 1200 HP @ 8000 RPM and will drive a slightly altered ZF 8 speed transmission (modified to be sequential manual). (the V-Max version of this car produces 1380 HP, but I'd like to cut weight here as much as possible)

Other technologies include Bose Electromagnetic Active Suspension to keep the car flat, a 150 HP ERS motor mated to the front axle, Active Rear Spoiler, HEAVILY tuned ground effects and a modified version of my earlier "from the floor" air intake to make unreal amounts of downforce.

Using the latest in carbon fiber technology and other exotic materials (like layered gorilla class/poly-carbonate plastic windows) the end weight of this ENTIRE car will be kept to about 1000 Kg, approx. the weight of a TVR Tamora.

There are several other designs in this thread that could also utilize the same internal specifications if you find my design unpleasing. Some might be wondering do we need 1650 combined HP in a car the size of a miata? I ask you, why the hell not. I want to up the ante, make the car no other company dare make. A car for drivers, for those who live to go fast. A car that's equal parts beauty and insanity. The roar of this car alone should be reason enough to adopt this car. And if you need more convincing, I saved the best for last. It has pop-up headlights.

Engine sound at http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...=S8a6X9tpj7I&start2=38&authorName=twinnietaco
(2 stroke info available @ http://www.aaenperformance.com/v4_racing_engine.asp)
stratmiata.png

Last edited:
After a computer crash at precisely 6:08 AM rendering is resumed! :D

@TacoParty that last design is lovely. :D

6 am American time
AM or PM? ETA in hours please: the US is in 5 different time zones lol. :D

I'd find someone with a 3D printer, if it happens. Cheaper and all.

I know two people with 3d printers. :D although one lives in Dubai... and the other probably won't want us to use it lol

@787bcgr Wicked design. I think I like it more than mine! Have you given much thought to any of the technology in the car?
Hmm, active aero, including on the floor of the car. An active toe and camber system with an advanced torque vectoring system. KERS. A HUD integrated to the windscreen that relays similar information to the GT6 HUD. And the wing looks weird due to rushing it for the deadline.

Here it is, the facelift!

2qvr0b7.png

Powered by a 1.8L Twin Turbocharged high-output V4 engine in conjunction with an electric motor, the GTP-VGT15 utilizes various amounts of technology, such as active aerodynamics, gurney flaps, dynamic flaps, KERS, Front & Rear pushrod suspension, Activ-4WS, and much more. It is mated to a 8-Speed Sequential Manual Transmission in a longitudinal Mid-engine, rear wheel drive layout.

Interior will be coming soon.

Last edited:
fuse.png
Super quick sketch of @Grandea GTR and @787bcgr 's designs fused into one. Could be cool to use both designs.

@Grandea GTR could you do a dashboard cluster featuring two tach's for 2 seperate engines? Also what's your design for the twin turbo two-stroke? I've been struggling with that from an engineering perspective for a while.

Last edited:
View attachment 274210 Super quick sketch of @Grandea GTR and @787bcgr 's designs fused into one. Could be cool to use both designs.

@Grandea GTR could you do a dashboard cluster featuring two tach's for 2 seperate engines? Also what's your design for the twin turbo two-stroke? I've been struggling with that from an engineering perspective for a while.
Looks pretty nice, might need larger wheels, though. 👍

The HUD I implemented does utilize a tach switching system whenever switched from hybrid/gas mode to EV mode. It'll take some time for me to draw out the twin turbo V4 engine, so hold your horses for the moment :D

Overall, the engine's twin turbo layout is similar to that of the V6/V8/V10/V etc. twin turbos, just, that it only has two ports on each side. Having a turbocharger on both sides also allows for better L/R balance on the engine.

Twin turbo setups have been used on V4 motorcycles for some time, a notable example is the V4 engine from the Yamaha VMAX, which influenced the GTP-VGT15's engine.

Last edited:
Back