GTF Sportscar & GT World Championships - SIGN UP -

  • Thread starter Thread starter F2002
  • 63 comments
  • 2,730 views
Messages
3,182
Gran Turismo Foundation Sportscar & GT World Championships 2002.

The 2002 GTF Sportscar & GT World Championships are go, and we're looking for teams and drivers to compete in the toughest Gran Turismo challenge ! For the first season there will be 5 rounds and 3 classes in all, GT1 (Sportscar), GT2 (LM spec cars), GT3 (GT spec cars).

Cars Allowed:

GT1

Ford GT40 Race Car
Mazda 787B
Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car
Pagani Zonda Race Car
Toyota GT-One RaceCar TS020
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Jaguar XJ220 Race Car

GT2

Toyota Altezza LM Race Car
Subaru Impreza LM Race Car
Mitsubishi FTO LM Race Car
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car
Honda S2000 LM Race Car

GT3

Chevrolet Corvette C5R
Chrysler Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Gillet Vertigo Race Car
Honda NSX Arta JGTC
Honda NSX Castrol Mugen JGTC
Honda NSX Raybrig JGTC
Lister Storm V12 Race Car
Nissan Pennzoil Nismo GT-R JGTC
Nissan Skyline Calsonic JGTC
Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra GT Car
Toyota Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC
Toyota Supra Denso Sard JGTC

Points Scoring:

1st = 20PTS
2nd= 16PTS
3rd = 12PTS
4th = 10PTS
5th = 8 PTS
6th = 6 PTS
7th = 4 PTS
8th = 3 PTS
9th = 2 PTS
10th= 1 PT

Pole = 1 PT
Fastest Lap = 1 PT

2002 Race Calendar:

Round 1, Trial Mountain, 12 Laps
Round 2, Laguna Seca, 19 Laps
Round 3, Super Speedway, 24 Laps
Round 4, Tokyo R246, 11 Laps
Round 5, Cote d'Azure, 15 Laps

Races will be held every two weeks

Race & Qualifying Conditions:

Racing:
When racing all you simply do is, set the number of laps allocated for the round, go to Arcade mode, load your car and select the track that you are racing that weekend. Then once you have finished the race, send the fastest lap and total race time to me by a PM.

Qualifying:
To quaify, simply load your car into Arcade mode, you can do as many laps as you want, during the qualifying deadline. Only your fastest time counts for grid position.

How To Sign-Up:

To sign up for this championship simply fill in this form and PM it to me :)

Team Name:
Driver One:
Driver Two (Optional):
Driver Three (Optional):
Car:
Class:

:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So if you think your tough enough to take on the best, then this is the championship for you !
 
Frankly, I don't think I'm tough enough to take on the best.......
 
It was only a slogan...
 
I would need a team... maybe I can find one.
Maybe I'll be back.
 
How do you form teams? And do you combine times or what?
I assume we don't need teammates.

:chevy:+:ford:=:tapedmouth

______________________

Remember objects in mirror are losing!!
Can I get you some oxygen or would you like something
a little stronger?
 
How do you form teams? And do you combine times or what?
I assume we don't need teammates.

:chevy:+:ford:=:tapedshut

______________________

Remember objects in mirror are losing!!
Can I get you some oxygen or would you like something
a little stronger?
 
Well you can be a Independant as in a team with one driver, or you can find a team mate :)
 
Could you post when qualifying time must be submitted as well as final race stats. This series sounds like it has potential.
A couple of questions though. How do you set the # of laps into the Arcade mode? Are we on the honour system when we report our best time for qualifying or does it matter? Maybe I'm missing the point or something?

________________________

Objects in mirror are losing!!
 
You can change the # of laps from the options menu :)
 
And qualifying/racing isnt untill there are teams/drivers signed up and ready to race :)
 
for all those like to join fill in that form in the 1st post and pm it to me :)
 
ok i'll join in w/ the Toyota Supra Denso Sard JGTC
 
Ok troy, fill in the form and pm it to me :D
 
theres 4 or 5 teams now, so if anyone else is in plz enter :)
 
I could handle it but I don't have the time. Looks fun though.
 
I'm in F2002! I was running in your JGTC race when it died. I hope we have better participants in this. :)
 
Better Barry? So you want me in it? It depends on the timeframe, I'm starting work at the end of the month so if the signup is til around then I'm in, if not timewise I'm out.
 
Anyway someone can run 2 of the 3 classes or all 3 classes?:D
 
One quick note, the GT40 and Jag will get creamed if choosen.
 
Signup sent.


Prepare to :rip:
 
Originally posted by made in holland
I've sent a signup as well
Hope you can answer my question:)
Share your question m.i.h., somebody else might be wondering the same thing (like me???)
 
In the GT3 car list, there is a bit of difference between the cars.
For instance the Viper Team Oreca and the Castrol Mugen.
There is no way you'll drive the same laptimes with those cars.
The Viper is like 2 seconds faster every lap.
So that seems like unfair competition.

Please share your thoughts with me:)
 
Back