Mikey24

(Banned)
Antarctica
Lost
mikey_2412
Formula E image.png

Gran Turismo Formula E Championship

Welcome

Welcome to the inaugural Gran Turismo Formula E Championship. The first (hopefully successful) Formula E series on GTPlanet! It will be hosted by me (mikey_2412) in an Open Lobby room at the specified date/time.

Here you can also find the ID of the Community Club that is used for this series.

Car

The car of use is the Red Bull X2014 Junior. It is worth 200,000 credits with an oil change and Comfort Soft tyres worth another 2,000 credits.

Tuning will not be prohibited, meaning drivers are allowed to tune their cars to their own extent. However, you must not alter the gearbox - leave it standard, but other than that you are free to tune.

Formula E car.jpg
Oil change
202 HP
750 KG
632 PP

Rules & Regulations

Practice

Practice sessions will be available throughout the week, which will be provided by me and most likely other competitors.

Qualifying

Qualifying will take place fifteen minutes before the green flag. It will be in the form of an in-game Qualifying sessions lasting fifteen minutes and the driver setting the fastest time will be awarded pole position and an additional three points.

ePrix

Races will be standing starts and they will last for approximately an hour with drivers making one mandatory pit stop.

Pit stop

Drivers have to make one mandatory pit stop, where they will top up with 'juice' and fit a fresh set of tyres. A pit window will be provided before each race meeting which drivers must adhere to.

FanBoost

After round one, drivers that finish seventh or lower in the previous race will be entered into a vote among the other drivers. A driver cannot vote for themselves and can only vote for one of those drivers eligible. The top 3 voted drivers will be awarded with five extra HP to run in the next race. However, FanBoost only lasts for one round.

Points & Championship

Drivers will score points using the standard FIA system. Reserve drivers will not be able to score points unless they are declared as team drivers.

25 | 18 | 15 | 12 | 10 | 8 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 1

Pole position will be worth three points and fastest lap will be worth two additional points.

There will be a drivers and a teams' championship. Drivers' end of season total will be made up of their best eight results, meaning their two worst results will be dropped. Teams' end of season total will be made up of both drivers' end of season total minus their two worst results.

Tyres

One compound will be used for all drivers during the season. This compound is Comfort Soft tyres. No other compound is permitted to be used.

Driving assists

No driver assists are permitted.

Skid Recovery Force: prohibited
Active Steering: prohibited
Active Stability Management: prohibited
Driving Line: prohibited
Traction Control: prohibited
ABS: allowed
This is so all drivers will be on equal terms and the very best (at controlling the car) will come out on top.

Success penalty

The top three drivers to finish a race will be handed with a success penalty in the form of power reduction. The winner will have to reduce their power output by eight horsepower, and second and third by five and three horsepower respectively.

1st place - 8HP reduction.
2nd place - 5HP reduction.
3rd place - 3HP reduction.

Pre-season testing schedule

Testing session 1 - Eiger Nordwand - 15th May 2015

the-eiger-nordwand.jpg

Calendar

Round 1 - Madrid - 22nd May 2015 - Winner: @rcb929

Round one will see Formula E take to the streets for the first time, in Madrid, for Circuito de Madrid in the reverse layout - meaning there will be a chicane for the first corner. All drivers must be very careful on the first couple of laps so there will be no incidents.

Formula e - track madrid.png

Round 2 - Rome - 29th May 2015

Round two will see Formula E cross the Mediterranean to Italy, where Rome takes host to round two. Drivers must be careful at turns five and six, which is a fast chicane. One line of cars is the optimum way to get round.

Formula e - track rome.jpg

Round 3 - Tokyo - 05th June 2015

Round three sees Formula E travel to Asia, for the first race of the Asian leg, at Tokyo. Tokyo R246 continues the trend of street circuits. It's a much wider track, allowing drivers to go side-by-side most of way around the course.

Formula e - track tokyo.gif

Round 4 - Autumn Ring - 12th June 2015

Round four will see Formula E travel to Polyphonia (Polyphony Digital or 'Original' circuits, and PD is based in Japan so this continues the Asian leg). Autumn Ring has a unique feature, which is a 270 degree corner that drivers may find difficult in these cars.

Formula e - track autumn.png

Round 5 - Cape Ring - 19th June 2015

Round five is when Formula E continues in Asia (PD) with Cape Ring, on the Inside layout. Drivers will be going flat out for almost 90% of the circuit and will require the optimal line in order to be fastest in Qualifying.

Formula e - track capering.png

Round 6 - Suzuka - 26th June 2015

Round six will see the final round of the Asian leg, where Formula E travels to Japan (again) for Suzuka East Course. A course of a long straight, great for draft overtakes, and a series of esses, perfect for overtaking. The winner could be anyone's guess!

Formula e - track suzuka.jpg

Round 7 - Monaco - 03rd July 2015

Round seven sees Formula E return to Europe again and to the glistening Monaco, to the Cote d'Azur circuit. This is the ultimate street circuit and drivers must be at their best to be able to survive this monstrous circuit!

Formula e - track monaco.png

Round 8 - Red Bull Ring - 10th July 2015

Round eight sees Formula E travel to Austria, for the Red Bull Ring. Turn one will be a tough corner on the first lap, all drivers must keep it clean to avoid any incidents.

Formula e - track red bull.png

Round 9 - Nurburgring - 17th July 2015

Round nine sees Formula E go to Germany for the Nurburgring, on the GP/D layout. A tight hairpin for the first corner will make it difficult for drivers to avoid incidents!

Formula e - track nurburgring.jpg

Round 10 - Brands Hatch - 24th July 2015

The final round of the season will be held at Brands Hatch in the UK. A very difficult but fast first corner will most likely see at least one driver run wide onto the sand.

Formula e - track brands.png

Teams

There will be six teams to choose from, because of the six default colours the Red Bull X2014 Junior comes with in the showroom. The teams used are those used in the real-life FIA Formula E Championship which are loosely based on each colour of the car.

There are six teams, twelve drivers, and each team permitted to have two reserve drivers.

Formula e - team andretti.png
WHITE
Driver 1 - rcb929 / rcb929 / USA
Driver 2 - FutureF1 / FutureF1 / USA

Formula e - team edams.jpeg
YELLOW
Driver 1 - Mikey24 / mikey_2412 / GBR
Driver 2 - GTP / PSN / Nationality

Formula e - team virgin.jpg
RED
Driver 1 - amcdo122 / amcdo122 / Australia
Driver 2 - goofytyler / goofytyler1995 / USA

Formula e - team abt.jpg
ORANGE
Driver 1 - NW48 / Ninth_wonder28 / Australia
Driver 2 - Timlour / Timlour / USA

Formula e - team venturi.jpg
BURGUNDY (DARK RED)
Driver 1 - GTP / PSN / Nationality
Driver 2 - GTP / PSN / Nationality

Formula e - team mahindra.png
BLACK
Driver 1 - peiratis1976 / peiratis1976 / Greece
Driver 2 - cbcvabch / cbcvabch / USA

To sign up, please follow the link provided and fill out the form.

Then please post on the thread with which team you would like to join. Please refrain from buying the car before you sign up so you know which colour to order the car in. Please pay attention and focus on buying the right car so we do not over-complicate things.

Points Standings / Results

Round 1 Results

-Pos.----Driver---------------------Team----------------------------------------------------------Points
--1-------rcb929---------------------Andretti Formula E Team-----------------------------------25+2+3
--2-------Timlour-------------------Audi Sport ABT Formula E Team---------------------------18
--3-------amcdo122----------------Virgin Racing Formula E Team------------------------------15
--4-------Mikey24-------------------e.dams Renault Formula E Team--------------------------12
-RET-----peiratis1976-------------Mahindra Racing Formula E Team--------------------------0

Round 2 Results

-Pos.----Driver---------------------Team----------------------------------------------------------Points
--1-------rcb929---------------------Andretti Formula E Team------------------------------------25+2+3
--2-------FutureF1-----------------Andretti Formula E Team-------------------------------------18
--3-------Timlour-------------------Audi Sport ABT Formula E Team----------------------------15
--4-------Mikey24-------------------e.dams Renault Formula E Team---------------------------12
--5-------amcdo122----------------Virgin Racing Formula E Team-------------------------------10

Drivers' Championship

--1-------rcb929-------------------Andretti Formula E Team-------------------------------------60
--2-------Timlour-----------------Audi Sport ABT Formula E Team-----------------------------33
--3-------amcdo122--------------Virgin Racing Formula E Team--------------------------------25
--4-------Mikey24-----------------e.dams Renault Formula E Team----------------------------24
--5-------FutureF1---------------Andretti Formula E Team--------------------------------------18
--6-------peiratis1976-----------Mahindra Racing Formula E Team----------------------------0
--7-------goofytyler--------------Virgin Racing Formula E Team--------------------------------0
--8-------NW48--------------------Audi Sport ABT Formula E Team------------------------------0
--9-------cbcvabch---------------Maindra Racing Formula E Team-----------------------------0

Teams' Championship

-Pos----Team----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Points
--1------Andretti Formula E Team--------------------------------------------------------------------78
--2------Audi Sport ABT Formula E Team------------------------------------------------------------33
--3------Virgin Racing Formula E Team--------------------------------------------------------------25
--4------e.dams Renault Formula E Team-----------------------------------------------------------24
--5------Mahindra Racing Formula E Team-----------------------------------------------------------0
--6------Venturi Formula E Team----------------------------------------------------------------------0

Last edited:
What time/day are you planning to run this?

Also I'm not sure about Qualifying being the day before a race, probably better to have it in the same lobby as race-day but a shorter session.

What time/day are you planning to run this?

Also I'm not sure about Qualifying being the day before a race, probably better to have it in the same lobby as race-day but a shorter session.
With separate sessions, I was thinking Thursday and Friday at around 10 PM BST. :)

Also something else, what day and time do you plan on running this?

Last edited:
Also something else, what day and time do you plan on running this?
At the moment, with Qualifying and the Race separate, it will be Thursday and Friday at 10 PM BST, so it will be 5 PM EDT (I think it's EDT?) but I may plan on running both sessions in the room, so it will be Thursday's at 10 PM BST. 👍

At the moment, with Qualifying and the Race separate, it will be Thursday and Friday at 10 PM BST, so it will be 5 PM EDT (I think it's EDT?) but I may plan on running both sessions in the room, so it will be Thursday's at 10 PM BST. 👍
Having it all on Thursday would be better for me.

How long will the calendar be due to the limit of GT6 street circuits?
There's always stuff I forget to put in! :lol:

10 rounds, not all city circuits (believe it or not) but a lap will never take more than 2 minutes. 👍

I might be tempted by something like this if the timings work, as @PJTierney says 11PM is a little late but if it was a Friday or a Saturday I might be able to race most of the time.

It sounds like a fun idea.

I might be tempted by something like this if the timings work, as @PJTierney says 11PM is a little late but if it was a Friday or a Saturday I might be able to race most of the time.

It sounds like a fun idea.
I'm kinda hoping its Friday, the best day of the week for me! :D

Back