GTMSA | Alfa Romeo 4C Cup | Panoz wins both races and the championship at Sardegna!

• Thread starter LancerEvo7
  • 84 comments
United States
LMSCorvetteGT2's Mom's House
GTP_LancerEvo7
The GT Motorsports Association Presents:

banner.jpg

Welcome to the Alfa Romeo 4C Cup! These low-power, low-grip cars are fun for all skill levels! In this series, we'll visit five of GTS's original tracks, where there will be plenty of opportunity for close racing.

The Car

car.jpg

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr. 4

Technical Regulations

• Power - 96% (284hp)
  • Weight - 98% (2,202 lb / 999 kg)
  • Tires - Sports Hard
  • Tuning - Open

Cosmetic Regulations

• Rims - OZ Racing Ultraleggera, +0 Size
  • Paint - 'Other' should be painted K3 Half Matte (Currently in the Mileage Exchange as of thread posting). All other parts of the car (including rims) may be painted in any color.
  • Decals - Numberplates are required on the hood and each side of the car. See the spoiler below for further info.

Numberplates are available as single decals and may be downloaded here. They are sized so that no modifications are required in GTS.

The following images show you how the plates should be placed:

decal_hood_placement.jpg

decal_side_placement.jpg

Use areas marked in yellow to properly align the crosshairs before placing the decals. Note that Decal Projection should be set to 'Align with Camera.'

decal_hood_example.jpg decal_side_example.jpg

Race Format & Schedule
Timetable

• Early Afternoon EST - Room open for practice
  • 2:00pm EST - Qualifying (10 minutes)
  • 2:15pm EST - Sprint Race (~20 minutes)
  • 2:40pm EST - Feature Race (~25 minutes)
As unforseen circumstances may push us back a couple minutes here and there, the Sprint and Feature race times are estimates. Barring catastrophe, however, the meeting should finish by 3:20pm EST at the latest.

All drivers should add myself (TheOriginalJonT) on PSN in order to access the race lobby.

Schedule
upload_2020-1-8_19-38-27.png

Rules & Other Notes
Room Settings

• Time of Day - Varies from track to track. As a rule, we will use the time closest to noon with either 'Fine Weather' or 'Clear' listed for weather.
  • Tire and Fuel Usage - 1x
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge - Real
  • Boost - Off
  • Draft - Real
  • Driving Aids - TCS and ABS allowed, all others prohibited

Race Procedure

• All races will utilize a standing start with false start check.
  • The grid for the Sprint Race will be based off of qualifying times.
  • The grid for the Feature Race will be a reverse grid based on the Sprint Race's finishing order.
  • Any drivers who do not finish the Sprint Race will be moved to the rear of the field for the Feature Race.
  • We will be using the GTMSA Discord for race day voice communication. While not required, it is recommended that you join.

upload_2020-1-8_18-46-41.png

• DNFs will be scored based on the number of laps completed.
  • 1 Bonus point will be awarded for the fastest qualifier and for fastest lap in each race.
  • Each driver's lowest total round score will be dropped at the end of the season.

Rules & Stewarding

1. Have fun. This is meant to be a casual, pick-up-and-go series.
  2. Contact should be avoided if possible, but a light bump here and there is to be expected.
  3. If you make contact with someone while making a pass and can safely give back the position, do so.
  4. Incidents should be reported to GTMSA stewards via Private Message on either GTP or Discord.
  5. Incidents will be assessed by GTMSA stewards, and penalties issued based on the severity of the incident.
  6. Penalties assessed by the stewards can include, but are not limited to: Position swaps, point deductions, or disqualification.

Driver Roster & Current Points
Sign-Ups

To sign up, post in this thread in the following format:

Car # / GTP Username / PSN

Roster
#3 / raceorama123432 / ROB__MK2
#11 / DimeloJJ / GT_502_sh
#25 / bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue
#27 / Crashbroke23 / RialRacingRoots
#38 / Panoz / Panoz38
#43 / LancerEvo7 / TheOriginalJonT
#47 / N/A / arron_ice_man
#54 / Furi / Furi_54
#55 / Alex Mart / AlexMart55
#59 / GTPorsche / GTPorsche
#67 / TrentDog1 / DaTrentster
#68 / Foxed / Race__Fox
#69 / Akmuq / The__Luke
#71 / R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo
#84 / Yeratel84 / Yeratel84
#97 / bigbeefytaco / LilChickenNugget​

gtmsa_logo.png

Last edited:
Interested but the time/date conflicts with my Miata series. :(

Edit: Just for this weekend though.

Last edited:
I'm liking the grid size so far! I know a few people can't make it this week, and a couple others are only going to make one round later on; both are perfectly fine. With us starting on short notice, I'd be happy with as few as 6 cars this weekend, I'm sure it'll pick up after that.

It's race day! One small thing to note:

20200112114314.jpg

To make things a bit easier for both drivers and stewards, the area inside of the second to last corner will be considered part of the track. The line shown in the above photo is legal.

See you in a couple hours!

One of my friend who heard I was in that series want to join, he does not have a GTP account but I’ll keep him informed on various things he needs to know

49 / N\A / arron_ice_man

I think the only difference between the Ultraleggeras and what comes on the 4C Gr.4 stock is the OZ Racing center cap, maybe the lug pattern as well.

I'll update the graphic in the OP when I think of it, but note that this week's feature race is 16 laps, rather than 13.

How's everyone doing for lap times at Maggiore? Just spent an hour tweaking the car, curious if I'm in the ballpark or way off. :P

Back