(ATCC) Australian Touring Car Championship | NW48 & Aaroh007 Are Your Driver's Champions!!!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 1,971 comments

Which Day/Time Would You Like This To Take Place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@David Talle, @WanganGhost, @lxmmy, @RESHIRAM5, @Pringles947, @FutureF1, @Timlour, @Danny99 , @J_Cameron, @GTPvw_slc, @Pubs16 , @Aaroh007, @gkgamer, @Mikey24 , @Tijee, @Doomstorm16, @Hayden, @DaGiBUS, @Jordiehamz, @Ph1sher, @mustafur, @NinjaEvo

ATCC Media Announcement

Rumoured contractual disputes between the ATCC & the Daytona International Raceway have been swirling around the headlines and tonight the governing body for the ATCC can confirm those rumours. As a result, the Daytona round has been cancelled. However, a contract has been signed with an unknown track facility but the ATCC remained tight lipped on which track it was. Rumours are that it is the newly refurbished Midfield Raceway.

From rumours to the first 'Driver-in-Focus' interview. Tonight we bring you @Pubs16 for our first edition!
We sat down with Pubs to talk all things Motorsport and ATCC, and here's what he had to say!

1. What drew you to the ATCC?
Not having entered into an Australian based series yet, I loved the concept of a new gen virtual "ATCC", also has a unique selection of cars so makes it quite different!

2. Do you have any real-life racing experience? (I.e; karts, track-days)
None professionally, unfortunately lol.
I have been building a Nissan S13 Silvia for Sprints and Time Attack though, which I have attended a few now at Queensland Raceway, Lakeside Raceway and Norwell (Holden Performance Centre) here in Australia.

3. What's your biggest Gran Turismo Racing Achievement?
In terms of Online? I'm yet to have any wins competitively, this year being my debut entries into a few Series, with a highest finish placing of a few 4th placings in the ORA FIA GTWC!

4. Which ATCC race are you most looking forward to?
Apart from Bathurst which would be on everyone's least probably, I would have to say Nurburgring and Silverstone as they are the longer races which I prefer.

5. Which ATCC race are you least looking forward to?
Indianapolis would be my least favourite out of the calendar, not much experience at all there so will be interesting.

6. How do you get prepared for a race, whether in the virtual world or real world?
Constantly, constantly imagining the track in my head on the lead up to a race event whenever I am not in the drivers seat. The whole process of a race is played out in my mind. I usually try to be well prepared with strategy as my outright speed is not usually no.1 but in a race especially long ones is where I am most effective.

7. What's your favourite Racing Discipline? (I.e; Open-Wheel, Touring, Endurance)
Touring cars, specifically V8 Supercars but on par with Endurance and GT racing ;)

8. Who's your favourite racing driver of all-time?
Mark Skaife! A V8 Supercar Legend and still has a massive influence to the sport behind the scenes after hanging his helmet. My favourite era of his would have to be when he was driving for Gibson Motorsport in the Nissans.

9. What would be the biggest racing event in the world, in your opinion?
Imo it would be Le Mans... I haven't been hugely into WEC until a couple years ago, but an event which brings the top manufacturers in the world to battle it out for honours, arguably the biggest bragging rights for both drivers and teams.

10. Finally, what are your aspirations for the ATCC?
I hope to be extremely competitive, I feel I'm definitely maybe not the fastest driver in the field, there are a lot of names that I recognise in results around GTP I have seen so it will be a massive challenge to me to be amongst that skill level and experience. Definitely aspire to be the most consistent in the field and stay towards the top end as much as I possibly can.
I'm yet to have any official podium in any series on GTP so that is always my aim for every race and I am quite hopeful after the ATCC Test last weekend with two third placings! There are a lot of medium-long races and that is something I feel am strong at, staying consistent and being in the right place at the right time.
Of course anybody's number one goal is to win the series, so to have ATCC's first crown would be amazing. You need race wins for that though and I learn very quickly and still am in my few months of owning my first wheel, so who knows, let's get racing already and find out what will happen! Good luck to everybody in the ATCC, it's going to be a great series and some very awesome racing I'm sure, I can't wait for it to kick off!
Thanks @Pubs16 for the fantastic answers, and we look forward to seeing what you can do in the ATCC! :)tup:

The Pre-Race Press Conference is still pending answers so that won't be posted in here now. :)👍

@David Talle, @WanganGhost, @lxmmy, @RESHIRAM5, @Pringles947, @FutureF1, @Timlour, @Danny99 , @J_Cameron, @GTPvw_slc, @Pubs16 , @Aaroh007, @gkgamer, @Mikey24 , @Tijee, @Doomstorm16, @Hayden, @DaGiBUS, @Jordiehamz, @Ph1sher, @mustafur, @NinjaEvo

ATCC Media Announcement

Rumoured contractual disputes between the ATCC & the Daytona International Raceway have been swirling around the headlines and tonight the governing body for the ATCC can confirm those rumours. As a result, the Daytona round has been cancelled. However, a contract has been signed with an unknown track facility but the ATCC remained tight lipped on which track it was. Rumours are that it is the newly refurbished Midfield Raceway.

From rumours to the first 'Driver-in-Focus' interview. Tonight we bring you @Pubs16 for our first edition!
We sat down with Pubs to talk all things Motorsport and ATCC, and here's what he had to say!

1. What drew you to the ATCC?
Not having entered into an Australian based series yet, I loved the concept of a new gen virtual "ATCC", also has a unique selection of cars so makes it quite different!

2. Do you have any real-life racing experience? (I.e; karts, track-days)
None professionally, unfortunately lol.
I have been building a Nissan S13 Silvia for Sprints and Time Attack though, which I have attended a few now at Queensland Raceway, Lakeside Raceway and Norwell (Holden Performance Centre) here in Australia.

3. What's your biggest Gran Turismo Racing Achievement?
In terms of Online? I'm yet to have any wins competitively, this year being my debut entries into a few Series, with a highest finish placing of a few 4th placings in the ORA FIA GTWC!

4. Which ATCC race are you most looking forward to?
Apart from Bathurst which would be on everyone's least probably, I would have to say Nurburgring and Silverstone as they are the longer races which I prefer.

5. Which ATCC race are you least looking forward to?
Indianapolis would be my least favourite out of the calendar, not much experience at all there so will be interesting.

6. How do you get prepared for a race, whether in the virtual world or real world?
Constantly, constantly imagining the track in my head on the lead up to a race event whenever I am not in the drivers seat. The whole process of a race is played out in my mind. I usually try to be well prepared with strategy as my outright speed is not usually no.1 but in a race especially long ones is where I am most effective.

7. What's your favourite Racing Discipline? (I.e; Open-Wheel, Touring, Endurance)
Touring cars, specifically V8 Supercars but on par with Endurance and GT racing ;)

8. Who's your favourite racing driver of all-time?
Mark Skaife! A V8 Supercar Legend and still has a massive influence to the sport behind the scenes after hanging his helmet. My favourite era of his would have to be when he was driving for Gibson Motorsport in the Nissans.

9. What would be the biggest racing event in the world, in your opinion?
Imo it would be Le Mans... I haven't been hugely into WEC until a couple years ago, but an event which brings the top manufacturers in the world to battle it out for honours, arguably the biggest bragging rights for both drivers and teams.

10. Finally, what are your aspirations for the ATCC?
I hope to be extremely competitive, I feel I'm definitely maybe not the fastest driver in the field, there are a lot of names that I recognise in results around GTP I have seen so it will be a massive challenge to me to be amongst that skill level and experience. Definitely aspire to be the most consistent in the field and stay towards the top end as much as I possibly can.
I'm yet to have any official podium in any series on GTP so that is always my aim for every race and I am quite hopeful after the ATCC Test last weekend with two third placings! There are a lot of medium-long races and that is something I feel am strong at, staying consistent and being in the right place at the right time.
Of course anybody's number one goal is to win the series, so to have ATCC's first crown would be amazing. You need race wins for that though and I learn very quickly and still am in my few months of owning my first wheel, so who knows, let's get racing already and find out what will happen! Good luck to everybody in the ATCC, it's going to be a great series and some very awesome racing I'm sure, I can't wait for it to kick off!
Thanks @Pubs16 for the fantastic answers, and we look forward to seeing what you can do in the ATCC! :)tup:

The Pre-Race Press Conference is still pending answers so that won't be posted in here now. :)👍
?

@gkgamer Too bad I can't see the replay of your Pre-Q... 1:41.905 is impressive, worth a group A lap time!
I am glad the TT result is displayed correctly this time, our first team session vanished unexpectedly.
@Aaroh007 was faster by 0"7xx during the team session.
I am finally getting close to what I was looking for with the setup.
I think this car may go under 1'40" in TT. it is very likely it will during the race with an empty tank.

Thanks for the love with the interview @NW48 !
Looking forward to the ATCC's new deal with some sort of new race track ;).

I'm yet to PreQ still, last day of work today, but have been packing to move house on Wednesday so haven't had much time as if like to prepare for Round 1. I'll be cracking into PreQ this arvo before my preparation for B12H QP, and then finally the ATCC race! I'm so sleep deprived haha, we'll see how well I go lol.

ATCC Pre-Race Press Conference

Welcome to the first Pre-Race Press Conference for the season! This morning we have; @Ph1sher, @Mikey24, @David Talle, @RESHIRAM5 & @Tijee!
Question 1:
"Question for Mikey24; Being the teammate of Ph1sher, do you have any more added pressure on you to perform?"

Mikey24:
"Being the team mate of Ph1sher is definitely rewarding, I feel I have definitely learned a thing or two and have improved my pace considerably. But as we all know, Ph1sher is an extremely well-known, respected guy and plus, he is insanely fast!

I definitely do have a lot more pressure on me to be able to perform but I'll keep sticking with my own advice - 'keep it controlled and keep the pace!'

To work with Ph1sher at Jet Black Mafia is truly amazing. I'm glad I jumped on the opportunity when it was there!" "

"Any comments, Ph1sher?"

Ph1sher:
"I just want to include its an honor to have great drivers around you! At The Jet Black Mafia Private Session, I and Mikey were practicing going 2 wide into turns and turn after turn after turn we were 2 wide until Mikey made a small mistake in the practice session. So not only I think I will have great battles with Mikey but with the rest of the entire Stacked Field!"

Question 2:
"Question for RESHIRAM5; Is there any feeling of expectation from Hyundai and Korea to perform in this series, being the only Hyundai Genesis on the grid?"

RESHIRAM5:
"Well, being the sole racer for Hyundai and Korean manufacturers in general does add a lot of expectations because if I'm out that's it, though with my behaviour last week, I think I might've dove a bit of my own grave but even with my actions of just having fun, I'll continue to fight using the Hyundai, I just have to BO-LIEVE!!!"

Question 3:
"Question for David Talle; How is the Mustang feeling in the lead up to the Season Opener? It seems to be quite an unpopular car, with just 2 full-time drivers using it, is there anything that you think deters it off from other drivers?"

David Talle:
"Most drivers prefer slightly oversteery cars and the Mustang obviously isn't one of those. The car lacks the turn-in of the Corvette and the stability of the GT-R. In counterpart it has so much straight line speed ! We have been working along with my mechanics to find a good balance and optimize cornering speed since pre-season testing. We should be set for the race."

Question 4:
"Question for Tijee; You are definitely one of the dark horses in this competition with your Independent team entry, Team Chill, but how did you personally think your Pre-Q went?"

Tijee:
"At first I struggled with a lot of understeer, the Lexus IS F is a great car but it needs to be driven roughly to fulfill its potential. Eventually the engineers did a great job by moving the ballast to the rear, which made the car much more efficient into corners - though I fear about the tire wear. I had a decent time in Pre-Q, given that I barely know the car and I'm still a novice in high-level series like ATCC. I've been told that for now the other competitors of my group have equivalent lap times, which gave me confidence. Now consistency is the key, I have to practice to run such lap times throughout the whole race. I still have 2 Pre-Q sessions left... Wait and see. "

Question 5:
"Question for all drivers; What are your thoughts in the Tokyo Street Circuit?"

Tijee: "This is a very fast circuit, with high speed straight lines and fast corners. Still, it's a street track, meaning the slightest mistake can cause damages and slow you down. With all these cars on the track we're going to have great battles! "
David Talle: "Tokyo is quite a fast and tricky track. Like said Tijee it's a street track so you have to take a lot of risk to gain the few tenth that makes the difference. The long parabolic turn 4 is really interesting and key to achieve a good lap time."
Mikey24: "I think that Tokyo is a great track for the new ATCC to kick off on, it's definitely a great series and it's full of great drivers that obviously know how to race. The circuit itself: there's a few difficult corners which you can rarely get correctly but when you do you are rewarded so much. The kink on the back straight rewards so much time when you take it correctly.

Also, I noticed that being with this great team and holding a Nissan, I should be able to perform very well. The Nissan lasts well on its tyres, better than the Chevrolet's in fact but I'm not sure about the Fords - none raced in the Pre-Season. But like in Pre-Season, if I can keep up with the Chevrolet's I surely have a good chance at beating them. 👍" "
RESHIRAM5: "The start is the blast, very open and the fun 180 corner are great for letting lose and driving full speed in both races and in normal days however, when you're past halfway it becomes a total mess with zigzags every and uneven corners. Oh well, you can't have the good without the bad "
Ph1sher: "Tokyo is an excellent first track selection, it shows a lot about each car with who's car has more speed, better handling, turning, braking and a lot more. Also their is some pretty wide turns / fast turns so it should provide some awesome racing all across the track. The Pits action will also make a huge factor on how hard to push your tires and when to pit. Also want to mention when Class A Racers making the passes, it will make it very interesting where they want to make the pass."

Question 6:
"Final question as we're running short on time, and it's for Ph1sher; Does it throw you off being the benchmark for the series or make you strive harder for results?"

Ph1sher:
"Nothing throws me off, except maybe a few babes out their :sly: But really, It's going to want me to push myself to go faster at every track with the tough competition on the track. I have to keep my focus up at 110% at all times on the track especially when your going up to 180 MPH into the first turn at Tokyo! I want to prove to myself that I can run a full long season strong, and it won't be easy, but im totally up to the challenge. 1 little mistake could lead to more problems. I can't wait to attend tonight at Tokyo for Qualifying then up to race day at Tokyo! "

"That concludes the first, and shortened, edition of the Pre-Race Conference, I hope you can join us after the race for the Post-Race Conference!"

Last edited:
Back