(ATCC) Australian Touring Car Championship | NW48 & Aaroh007 Are Your Driver's Champions!!!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 1,971 comments

Which Day/Time Would You Like This To Take Place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bit of a dissappointing round for me to be honest. First race I for some reason thought there was still a rolling start so bunged my start and then spun trying to keep in touch with the leaders after a couple corners.
Second race I made a few too many mistakes after getting a nice start at the front from reverse grid and all the Group A times were very close so was hard to gain back up with more of a sprint format for this weekend.
Looking forward and onwards to London now, should be great fun!

Also @Mikey24 definitely stay man, I know it's frustrating, I've never had problems until that 1.16 update and it sucks but we enjoy having you and a fellow Nissan to take on the muscle cars ;). P.s. I noticed you have a nice UNC coloured wing at Mid-Field ;).

Who here is competing in the GTP ES 6hr race that may clash with our race on Saturday? Just need to know so we can either go ahead with the round or postpone it a week.

Who here is competing in the GTP ES 6hr race that may clash with our race on Saturday? Just need to know so we can either go ahead with the round or postpone it a week.
I'll be competing in the Suzuka 6 hours but I don't think it clashes because its 3-9am for me, and this is 11:50am for me. đź‘Ť

Welcome to the Post-Race Press Conference for the third round of the Australian Touring Car Championship at Mid-Field Raceway! Today we have @gkgamer, @Pubs16, @NinjaEvo, @NW48 & @Jordiehamz for a quick conference about the race.

1. Question for Pubs16 and NW48, you have both criticised your own driving this round as 'making too many mistakes', is it because you think you are too aggressive or something else?

NW48:
I think it comes done to my aggressive approach to give 110% and then some to ensure I give my best 100% o the time. It's something I'm trying to minimise but it's something that is vital in Motorsports.

Pubs16:
Probably a little aggressive trying to gain time back. Made a sham of both starts and just trying a little too hard to catch up to recover, in an AWD that's usually a bad idea.
Lots of distractions around this weekend's event, GTPES qualifying and GTWC lead ups.

2. Question for Jordiehamz, is it frustrating that you can't necessarily match your Qualifying results in the races?

Jordiehamz: yes, it can get quite frustrating as I seem to make more mistakes under pressure than when I have an open rode both behind and infringe of me. That is one of the main things I am trying to improve as this series progresses and even just watching some of the guys race makes a differencein my race raft. But in the end it means that I have to try harder in qualifier to get as far in front of the pack as possible. Thank you for the questions!
:)đź‘Ť

3. Question for all drivers, what is your favourite and least favourite corner of Mid-Field?

NW48: Favourite corner would be the Esses up to the Tunnel turn that leads into the horseshoe. Least favourite would be the exit of the horseshoe or the first corner. They make or break your entire lap so you need to get them right.

Jordiehamz:
in my opinion, turns 3 and 4 are definitely very hard on the car and tires, also being where I spun on the infamous "lap 18 incident" ;). It is very long corner which can be taken at higher speeds than usual so it throws another spanner in the works!

NinjaEvo:
Favourite is Sector 2, I had a great rhythm through there all weekend. Felt slow but was the opposite, when a section of track feels like that you normally know that you are on to a winner. Least favourite in practice was turn 1, it's an easy corner to put the car wide on the grass, but in the races I handled it well.

Gkgamer:
I really like the part between the tunnels and I think I like C9 the most. It may also be the lowest point of Mid-Way in altitude. I like the hard braking after gaining speed downhill. I also like the way it is a different corner on each lap, the entry depending on how fast you are through C8.

Pubs16:

My favourite corner would have to be turns 5/6 going over the bridge, and into the tunnel there is a slight bump just as you go full throttle the car kicks a little and then you're straight into a direction change for fast double apex into T7.

4. Question for NinjaEvo, after doing a 19 lap stint on one set of tyres, is it safe to say that the Corvette is in fact good on its tyres, or did your times suffer as you surpassed 15 laps on the same set?

NinjaEvo:
I only lost half a second a lap getting into the final 3 laps of the stint. The car normally has quite a bit of understeer so the fronts going off weren't necessarily a problem. I only started to struggle a bit in the traction zones with the rears but not enough to cost me much time.

5. Question for gkgamer, as the sole representative for Masala Tsunami Racing for the second consecutive week, did you feel any extra pressure to bring home all the points?

Gkgamer:
Not having our team leader for the past 2 rounds was a huge handicap for the team. But thanks to a very reduced field in group-B, I knew that things couldn't get dramatic for the championships. That being said, I was very stressed before Indy because I don't feel good there and it also happens to be one of Aaroh's best tracks. I was feeling more confident coming here but both rounds ended the same way...

6. Question for NW48, how did you lose 7 seconds in the pits? Did you take fuel or hit the wall in the pit entry?

NW48: I definitely did not hit the wall as I stayed far from it after nearly clipping it in Race 1 or practice. I never took fuel so no time should have been lost there. I think it comes down to my pit crew, I hired the Left Rear Tire Changer from Scuderia Ferrari, Raikonnen's side to be precise, and he was just utterly 🤬

7. Final question and for all drivers, on a scale to 1 to
10, how would you rate you race weekend at Mid-Field, and what can you take from it?

Pubs16:
I would say a 5, after missing a round I wanted some good points taken from Mid-Field, my own errors are frustrating and I didn't get to be close enough to have some more extremely fun and challenging battles with the Corvettes. Gonna have to calm myself down and get my consistency back as that's something I pride myself in. Looking forward to the London Double, Brands is very fun and one of the tracks I've laid down the most laps on, so hopefully can adjust in quickly with UNC's GTR. Very fun tracks and should provide close battles, I suspect finally with not many long straights the GTR's could have a little upper hand on the Ford's and Chevy's :P

NinjaEvo:
I was happy with my driving, on the whole I'd say an 8 out of 10, simply because I took a double podium finish which is always nice. The starts were 10's, the long stint in Race 2 was a 10, but he mistakes hurt me. In fairness, there weren't many mistakes, but they all cost me time.

Gkgamer:
I think I should have done better here but race#2 was a bit tough for me. I am happy I battled to finish on Wangan's tail. But since it also happened last week, I'd rather not make an habit out of this pattern.6/10

Jordiehamz:
well It was a very interesting race and probably 2 of my most exciting races of my short career thus far. It gives me high hopes for the season that the car and I can do it, we will just have to work hard for it! 8/10

NW48: I'd say a 8.5/10. I had the potential to win but a few rookie mistakes put it beyond reach unfortunately. Next week won't be any better, sadly.

That concludes the Post-Race Press Conference for today, thank you to all the drivers and lets look forward to the
Pre-Race Press Conference for the London and Brands Hatch
Double.

Yeah @Mikey24 and I are in 6H Silverstone, not sure if anyone else...

At this stage the start clashes with ATCC, Silverstone starts at 21:00 GMT+10, I'm not starting but my stint starts at 23:00 GMT +10 so I'll probably miss the second race... Maybe the first depending on when it'll conclude.

If I'm the only one you guys don't have to put this week's round off just for me... It's upto you @NW48 :)

Hey @gkgamer, sorry for not being there and contributing to Masala Tsunami Racing over the past few weekends. Wasn't able to give virtual racing time because of real life racing.

This week I'll be able to make it for sure. Though I'm not sure how I'll fair on Brands Hatch and London ( both my bogey tracks:D )

Looking forward to racing you guys:tup:

We won't have a round next week and the week after that due to Easter, so we need to have a round this weekend unfortunately. We can start earlier, maybe 20mins, so we can get the Two London races in then hopefully if all goes well, the single Brands Hatch race. So we will commence with this weekend's race.

After a short hiatus, the Driver-In-Focus' interview is back and what better way to breathe life back into it then having our silent assassin of such, @WanganGhost, sit down to talk to us about all things motorsports and ATCC!

1. What drew you to the ATCC?
I always wanted to find a great series. I see a lot of cookie cutter series out there. This is different. The different cars. types of tracks. I don't know. Just sounded fun. :)

2. Do you have any real-life racing experience? (I.e; karts, track-days)
I went to kart school when i was younger. But my family has never really had money to keep going. Its all about money these days. Unfortunate really. I go to the local kart center when I can. They run electric karts. They are fun.

3. What's your biggest Gran Turismo Racing Achievement?
My biggest achievement was to race the whole 24 hours of Lemans in GT5 by myself in one go. I completely dead after. But i wanted a challenge. So i took the Honda NSX race car against everyone. Finished 5th.

4. Which ATCC race are you most looking forward to?
Suzuka

5. Which ATCC race are you least looking forward to?
Laguna Seca. It has never been a nice track for me.

6. How do you get prepared for a race, whether in the virtual world or real world?
Sometimes i just close my eyes for a moment. But usually i just go for it. Ive done all the testing i can. Might as well just do it.

7. What's your favourite Racing Discipline? (I.e; Open-Wheel, Touring, Endurance)
Endurance racing. I used to like F1 but since all the rules changes its become a question of who dosent break will win. To me. Thats not how racing is supposed to be. Maybe in the 20's but not now.

9. What would be the biggest racing event in the world, in your opinion?
Le Mans. I haven't missed one since i was born. Even after i was born and in the nursery in the hospital. My dad persuaded the nurse to flip over to Eurosport to watch Jaguar win. Wish my dad could be here now.

10. Finally, what are your aspirations for the ATCC?
No Driver want to finish last all the time. But as with the unveil of our car. This is a learning season for us. But realistically. Middle would be ok. That being said. I much better at drawing cars. :)

On a final note. I just wanted everyone to know that everyone that races here is the nicest bunch of people. Ive never met people so genuine.

Next week we have a special interview with someone important to the ATCC, the Post-Race Press Conference for London/Brands Hatch, and another edition of 'Driver-In-Focus'!

---

Points will be up tomorrow, and the Pre-Race Press Conference will be up sometime Friday! And Pre-Q events will be up as well tomorrow.

After a short hiatus, the Driver-In-Focus' interview is back and what better way to breathe life back into it then having our silent assassin of such, @WanganGhost, sit down to talk to us about all things motorsports and ATCC!

1. What drew you to the ATCC?
I always wanted to find a great series. I see a lot of cookie cutter series out there. This is different. The different cars. types of tracks. I don't know. Just sounded fun. :)

2. Do you have any real-life racing experience? (I.e; karts, track-days)
I went to kart school when i was younger. But my family has never really had money to keep going. Its all about money these days. Unfortunate really. I go to the local kart center when I can. They run electric karts. They are fun.

3. What's your biggest Gran Turismo Racing Achievement?
My biggest achievement was to race the whole 24 hours of Lemans in GT5 by myself in one go. I completely dead after. But i wanted a challenge. So i took the Honda NSX race car against everyone. Finished 5th.

4. Which ATCC race are you most looking forward to?
Suzuka

5. Which ATCC race are you least looking forward to?
Laguna Seca. It has never been a nice track for me.

6. How do you get prepared for a race, whether in the virtual world or real world?
Sometimes i just close my eyes for a moment. But usually i just go for it. Ive done all the testing i can. Might as well just do it.

7. What's your favourite Racing Discipline? (I.e; Open-Wheel, Touring, Endurance)
Endurance racing. I used to like F1 but since all the rules changes its become a question of who dosent break will win. To me. Thats not how racing is supposed to be. Maybe in the 20's but not now.

9. What would be the biggest racing event in the world, in your opinion?
Le Mans. I haven't missed one since i was born. Even after i was born and in the nursery in the hospital. My dad persuaded the nurse to flip over to Eurosport to watch Jaguar win. Wish my dad could be here now.

10. Finally, what are your aspirations for the ATCC?
No Driver want to finish last all the time. But as with the unveil of our car. This is a learning season for us. But realistically. Middle would be ok. That being said. I much better at drawing cars. :)

On a final note. I just wanted everyone to know that everyone that races here is the nicest bunch of people. Ive never met people so genuine.

Next week we have a special interview with someone important to the ATCC, the Post-Race Press Conference for London/Brands Hatch, and another edition of 'Driver-In-Focus'!

---

Points will be up tomorrow, and the Pre-Race Press Conference will be up sometime Friday! And Pre-Q events will be up as well tomorrow.
Someone important...

Back