(GTOR) | GT1 World Championship - Currently postponed.Open 

• Thread starter Mikey24
  • 669 comments

Should I continue to Rounds 3, 4 & 5 or leave the series as it is (postpone)?

• Carry on.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Stop/postpone.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UPDATE:-

Car specs have been fully revised and tested, courtesy of my lovely team of @TRL_Andromeda and @TNR_KING_FILO, and have been officially released.

You can find this on Page 1 Post #1 underneath the introduction. Can you all please make sure that your cars are at the correct spec on Saturday?

Another thing I'd like to add: @zuruzuruz has been removed due to lack of activity. Which now leaves a space open for a driver to enter. 👍

Also, Round 2 at Spa-Francorchamps will be moved to the 18th April due to Easter falling on the 11th/12th weekend.

Thanks,

Mike.
Wasn't round 2 at Nurburgring? Easter is this weekend in South Africa

Hey @Mikey24. It seems as if I need to pull out of this series :( The same thing that has stopped me from entering GT Academy for the past few years has arisen. I am not destined to race it seems :indiff:

Thanks for the great 7 laps in race 1 :cheers: Really, really enjoyed it. Best of luck to all

Wasn't round 2 at Nurburgring? Easter is this weekend in South Africa
What? I didn't know you guys have it a week earlier!

Hey @Mikey24. It seems as if I need to pull out of this series :( The same thing that has stopped me from entering GT Academy for the past few years has arisen. I am not destined to race it seems :indiff:

Thanks for the great 7 laps in race 1 :cheers: Really, really enjoyed it. Best of luck to all
That's a real shame, it was great racing with you, and hopefully we'll see you back sometime in the future. :(

What? I didn't know you guys have it a week earlier!

That's a real shame, it was great racing with you, and hopefully we'll see you back sometime in the future. :(

Really wanted to assist in getting this series going. I hope to be part of this again, whether this Season or the next.

Swift Autosport Spotted In Nurburg

Swift Autosport was spotted earlier today in Nurburg doing what appeared to be testing for the first round of the GT1 season.

We went to the Nurburgring to take pictures of what we thought was gonna be an open test for the teams of the GT1 Championship. But what we found was the #6 Swift Autosport Toyota running a private test. We got there in time to see Smith make his first run in the Toyota. Just as he started to get up to speed here's what happened:
028.jpg
027.jpg
026.jpg

Smith then came back to the pits to get out and talk to the team. We had a chance to ask Smith a few questions while the team worked on the car.

Q: Smith why did you choose Toyota to be the manufacturer to supply your engines and chassis?

A: Well to be honest I think Toyota is the most reliable and I believe they're my teams best shot at winning a race.

Q: What track on the schedule do you believe will give you the best chance at winning and why?

A: I think I'll have the best shot at winning in Spa. I think the Spa will be the easiest to monover my way around. Plus the Toyota is a little tough to drive at times so I think Spa will be a good fit.

We'll it looks like you're wanted for another run. Mind if we get some pictures?

"Not at all go right ahead."

Here are some of the pictures we got during his test session:
030.jpg
029.jpg

Thanks for reading. Hopefully we'll have more news for you soon.

Internet will crap that day, if I'm on at all. Our wifi seems to have an extreme dislike of my PS3.

Can all of you please remember to apply the new car specs before entering the room.

Another thing, please remember that the room opening has been brought forward half an hour, to 18:00 British Time (I'm not sticking to UTC and starting an hour later).

Back