GTP 2006 Movie of the Year

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vonie
  • 60 comments
  • 3,399 views
  • Casino Royale. A lack of gadgets and hilarious 1 liners didn’t make this Bond movie any less of a great film. I really enjoyed this.
  • Little Miss Sunshine. This was awesome. Funniest movie I’ve seen all year. By far.
  • Thank You for Smoking. Not the best movie of the year at all, but it made me laugh a little, so I figured it could go on the list to make a total of 3.

Terrible year for movies. Terrible.
 
Updated.

And I forgot about Thank You for Smoking, I liked it.
 
Bee
Why the hell will Borat not win?! :grumpy:

For some reason I was under the impression that Vonie was Jewish, although I can't recall why.

*Remembers a certain scene in the beginning mimicking the Running of the Bulls*

Oh, nominations:

Tenacious D in The Pick Of Destiny
Jackass Number Two
 
For some reason I was under the impression that Vonie was Jewish, although I can't recall why.

*Remembers a certain scene in the beginning mimicking the Running of the Bulls*

I am. It was a hilarious movie, I loved it. I took no offence to it, the bed & breakfast scene was great.

Ok, fine, Borat can win.

And I added your nom's.
 
Casino Royale
The Departed
Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
 
I never saw Pirates 2, I guess I will after all of these votes.
 
Wait: Someone other than myself enjoyed this movie? SWEET!

I've been meaning to go see it, but between Casino Royale, The Holiday, and maybe even The Blood Diamond, it isn't as high on my list as it should be.
 
I've been meaning to go see it, but between Casino Royale, The Holiday, and maybe even The Blood Diamond, it isn't as high on my list as it should be.
You WANT to see The Holiday? I hope there is a woman involved in that decision making process.

But if you throw back a few high-quality winter-brews before going to the movies then you will see that Tenacious D is clearly the best option. That's how it worked for me at least. But I'm also the same guy that still enjoys Bill & Ted and Wayne's World, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

Of course, Tenacious D is already on the second-run theaters here, so it may be too late.
 
You WANT to see The Holiday? I hope there is a woman involved in that decision making process.

You would be right, for the most part. The last time Emily and I went to see a movie it was Employee of the Month, and for some reason my brother went with us... I'm not sure why...

So me, thinking that I was clever, had decided that the movie did look decently good (I did enjoy Somethings Gotta Give), so I figured hey, date movie! But Emily had already decided that she must wait until her family goes to Iowa for Christmas so that she, her cousin, and her sister can all see a movie together. (Damn family getting in the way of a on/off/kinda on relationship)

...I may just have to see the movie with someone else... Maybe a phone call to Jackie is in order?
 
Happy Feet. :O
 
Happy Feet. :O
All but the last 30 minutes. Well, I'll at least give it a best kids film nod, but that last 30 minutes just wasn't so happy.
 
I've got to go and see "the last kiss" when it's out over here, though I have heared that that's a good film so it might not be all bad for me. There's quite a few date movies coming out here in the near future. I'm going to watch Deja Vu tomorrow, that might be worth a nomination, so I'll have to let you guys know.
 
Did no one mention Apocalypto? I haven’t seen it yet, but when it’s released here it may well be worth a vote so I guess I’ll use one of my repeat nominations to nominate it…
 
United 93

While I hate movies in general, this is the only movie I bought on DVD this year, I think that says something. I'll throw in Clerks: II as well. I never ended up on the theater floor laughing before seeing this movie and it was my first venture into Kevin Smith's movies.
 
I'll throw in Clerks: II as well. I never ended up on the theater floor laughing before seeing this movie and it was my first venture into Kevin Smith's movies.
Where have you been for the past twelve years? See them all. Heck, I even have a signed copy of Clerks X.
 
Mission Impossible 3 should of replaced Miami Vice, anyway I vote for:

Casino Royale
 
V For Vendetta
 
Ya.
 
Where have you been for the past twelve years? See them all. Heck, I even have a signed copy of Clerks X.

I just don't watch a lot of movies. I saw Clerks X a few weeks ago and I have Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on Blu Ray arriving in the mail shortly.
 
Rocky Balboa was of surprising quality, so I nominate it.
 
Done, and I nominate The Inside Man.
 
Alright, the poll will go up in a few hours.
 
Borat
Borat
Borat


...What? It's the only movie I've seen this year, besides Flushed Away, but that was so-so.
 
Hhhmmm most that I would nominate are already up, so I hope I can sneak these ones in.

The Proposition
A truly amazing if rather brutal film, written by Nick Cave (bloke in my Avatar) with a stunning cast and some great cinematography.

Munich
In my opinion one of Spielberg's best recent films.

Regards

Scaff
 
Added.

30 minutes.
 
V for Vendetta is by far the best movie I've seen so far from '06

I haven't seen "We are Marshall" yet, but I plan on checking that one out. I also didn't see 911 or WTC.
 
Back