gtp admin so bloody uptight

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatladsdad

(Banned)
phatladsdad78
phatladsdad
how many users have made a slight mistake ie put b4 in stead of before im not doing it on purpoyuse but now think its just a witch hunt

how many users have made a slight mistake ie put b4 in stead of before im not doing it on purpoyuse but now think its just a witch hunt

They really are the most strict mods ive seen on any form of forum. Really needs to be more layed back otherwise they won't get as many premium members.

YOU agreed to the rules, please follow them for the sake of others on this forum. Its not always easy to read and understand what some people are trying to say and can be taken wrong if not spelled out correctly.:boggled:

They really are the most strict mods ive seen on any form of forum. Really needs to be more layed back otherwise they won't get as many premium members.
I don't see the connection as to how premium members and the administrators is relevant to GT5 Q&A...:indiff:

YOU agreed to the rules, please follow them for the sake of others on this forum. Its not always easy to read and understand what some people are trying to say and can be taken wrong if not spelled out correctly.:boggled:

I understand why they warn for abusive comments etc, but they cry about capital letters and abbreviations.... Seriously, it's the internet and 2011, get used to it =/

You'd be surprised at just how important proper use of spelling, punctuation, etc.. can be on an international forum such as this one.

Little mistakes, I can understand once in a while, and I'm sure they get overlooked, but posts like yours, with multiple spelling errors, and no use of punctuation whatsoever, is unacceptable in the age of spell checking software.

You'd be surprised at just how important proper use of spelling, punctuation, etc.. can be on an international forum such as this one.

Little mistakes, I can understand once in a while, and I'm sure they get overlooked, but posts like yours, with multiple spelling errors, and no use of punctuation whatsoever, is unacceptable in the age of spell checking software.

Not just that, it shows a proper level of maturity and conveys that the site is not full of people who have no understanding of respect for others.

They're strict about enforcing what everyone agreed to when they signed up to join this forum - the AUP.

GTPlanet would be a complete free-for-all of poor quality posting and endless pages of duplicated threads if they didn't do such a good job.

^ This. 👍

I don't see the connection as to how premium members and the administrators is relevant to GT5 Q&A...:indiff:

.......... To add to my previous statement, this ive said in many previous threads, but some of the members are worse... The OP's post was about who agrees that the mods are too strict here, so i gave my opinion and outcome..... now shush.

Yeah a bit too strict on here! Yes it has to be moderated but they need to loosen up a bit, its only a car game after all.

I understand why they warn for abusive comments etc, but they cry about capital letters and abbreviations.... Seriously, it's the internet and 2011, get used to it =/

Youre a Premium member... Are you being for real??? When you signed up for this site and in your case paid money to become Premium, you agreed to the AUP. If you would take the time to read it you would understand why Mods are "strict." Obviously you havent read it... So maybe an idea to do that now... This site upholds a very high standard compared to other forums and thats why I and many others are here... We'd like to keep it that way... 👍

You'd think after agreeing to the rules, ticking a box to say you'd agreed to the rules and then being contacted FOUR TIMES by the staff with regards to you sticking to the rules, you might have stopped making that kind of mistake.

My dog makes mistakes. She generally does it two or three times before she learns.

Also, this is the GT5 Q&A forum. This thread is neither a GT5 question nor a GT5 answer.

Yeah a bit too strict on here! Yes it has to be moderated but they need to loosen up a bit, its only a car game after all.

It's not a car game. It's a forum. The forum has rules to which you agreed before you signed up.

We don't mind errors. We're not hot on spelling and punctuation errors - that way lies a minefield that not even native English-speakers can navigate with certainty. We don't like laziness and that's why the appropriate infraction is called "Lazy Grammar".

If you don't think you can adhere to the standards of thinking about what you're typing and taking care to make your point as clear as possible to as many people as possible, then the official Playstation forums are much less strict.

This.

Not just that, it shows a proper level of maturity and conveys that the site is not full of people who have no understanding of respect for others.

This.

They're strict about enforcing what everyone agreed to when they signed up to join this forum - the AUP.

GTPlanet would be a complete free-for-all of poor quality posting and endless pages of duplicated threads if they didn't do such a good job.

This.

You ticked a little box before you even picked a username to say you'd read and agreed to the AUP. If you then don't stick to your word, how is it our fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back