Zaku-uc-mow.jpg

General and Technical Data

Model number: MS-06F

Code name: Zaku II

Unit type: mass production general purpose mobile suit

Manufacturer: Zeonic Company

Operator(s): Principality of Zeon; Neo Zeon

First deployment: March UC 0079

Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso (later refitted and replica units equipped with panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit)

Dimensions: head height 17.5 meters

Weight: empty 58.1 metric tons; max gross 73.3 metric tons

Armour materials: super-hard steel alloy

Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 951 kW

Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 20500 kg, 2 x 1000 kg

Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 0.59 G; 180-degree turn time 1.7 seconds; maximum ground running speed 88 km/h

Equipment and design features: sensors, range 3200 meters

Fixed armaments: none

Optional fixed armaments: 2 x 3-tube missile pod, mounted on legs

Optional hand armaments: ZMP-50D/120mm machine gun, drum-fed, 100 rounds per drum, spare drums can be stored on waist armour racks; H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku bazooka, 4 round magazine, can be stored on rack on rear waist armour; heat hawk Type5, battery powered, can be stored on waist armour racks; MIP-B6 cracker grenade, can be stored on optional storage rack on waist armour racks

Technical and Historical Notes

Introduced early during the One Year War as a replacement for the C-type Zaku II, the F-type is the most heavily mass-produced version of the Zaku II line and serves as the mainstay of the Zeon military. It's the F-type that is also the most well-known version of Zeon's mobile suit forces. Although fully capable of operating on Earth, the F-type is designed primarily for space combat (although the F-type does see limited use in Earth-based ground combat). A nearly identical variant of the F-type, the J-type, is designed and employed as a ground combat unit. The Midnight Fenrir team uses various F-types as scouts before Zeon's mass drop operations to invade North America. Many F-types survive the war and remain in service as part of Haman Karn's Neo Zeon forces during the First Neo Zeon War in UC 0088. These surviving F-types are upgraded with some of the latest technology, including 360 degree panoramic monitors in the cockpit.

Original mechanical designer: Kunio Okawara

• The original concept of the Zaku was simply a disposable underling, with its name derived from the sound of a huge man (or many soldiers) walking and the Japanese term 雑魚 (zako), meaning "inferior fish" (the term also signifying expendable grunts).
    • Although partially, the Zaku was a design model for the Russian Jaeger Cherno Alpha, in the 2013 movie Pacific Rim.

One of the best anime from my childhood along side galaxy express 999 and captain harlock. The pioneer of real robot genre, where robots are as vulnerable as any other war equipment. A tank can destroy a Zaku :P Love the creator ( Tomino ) inclusion of real life science with the colony ( O'Neill Cylinder ), zero G tech, Helium 3 mining at Jupiter and the moon base colony Von Braun :drool:

SZ :)

Giant robots are great, but for a robot it really isn't that good looking to me.

Cool.

Easy SU, even though I haven't the slightest idea as to what this is.

:odd: Don't know what it is, yet can say SU :mad::grumpy: Maybe you don't like big walking humanoid mechanized weapon of war that doesn't have special power and can be as fragile as the next main battle tank :) Pacific Rim follows the same thinking with real robot genre, although I think Zaku in Gundam still much closer to reality ( size, weaponry and durability )

The Zaku II was more of a cannon fodder in the main series anime Mobile Suit Gundam 079. The recent CGI movies - MS IGLOO, feature the Zaku in close ground battles, and they are quite nicely presented, more like mini Jaeger with guns and bazooka.

Watch the youtube movie I linked above to see them in action and got owned by a tank with sabot rounds ( APFSDS ) :D

:odd: Don't know what it is, yet can say SU :mad::grumpy: Maybe you don't like big walking humanoid mechanized weapon of war that doesn't have special power and can be as fragile as the next main battle tank :) Pacific Rim follows the same thinking with real robot genre, although I think Zaku in Gundam still much closer to reality ( size, weaponry and durability )

The Zaku II was more of a cannon fodder in the main series anime Mobile Suit Gundam 079. The recent CGI movies - MS IGLOO, feature the Zaku in close ground battles, and they are quite nicely presented, more like mini Jaeger with guns and bazooka.

Watch the youtube movie I linked above to see them in action and got owned by a tank with sabot rounds ( APFSDS ) :D

That means nothing to me. Don't watch, nor care for, anime.

Anime. Seriously Uncool.

Then you realize it's from Gundam, and it becomes impossibly, laughably uncool.

A Zaku Tank :D and that's a big ass triple barreled gun :eek:

This is another hobby model kit that looks cool Zaku Giant Howitzer Tank, talk about being creative :lol:

award_bld6.jpg

Uhh, that was a dick joke.

The Zaku is like the ultimate cash grab by the military industrial complex. In real life, it would probably be A-10 fodder.

Seriously uncool.

Must resist :mad: :cool: I can see why some consider it uncool, I have spent most of my childhood with the anime, model kits, metal die cast and read the novels. Zaku is the main reason the Earth Federation built the protagonist mobile suit RX78-2 Gundam aka White Devil.

Anime obsessions are never cool.

Obsessions ? Not even close. I enjoy multitudes of entertainment from movies, animes, music, games ( console + PC from Nintendo days ), and sport ( Sanda and some other discipline ). I also spent most of my teenage and college years in Japanese imports having driven countless models/make of cars since my 1st car ( 89 Peugeot 505 GTI ) back in the 90's. Also loved to ride bikes ( Honda Hornet and CBR ) If you are talking about obsessions, then the dark side of me was illegal street racing.

Last edited:
Back