GTP Alternative Christmas Special Wall: 0079 UC-0080 UC MS-06 F/J ZAKU II

0079 UC-0080 UC MS-06 F/J ZAKU II

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One of the best anime from my childhood along side galaxy express 999 and captain harlock. The pioneer of real robot genre, where robots are as vulnerable as any other war equipment. A tank can destroy a Zaku :P Love the creator ( Tomino ) inclusion of real life science with the colony ( O'Neill Cylinder ), zero G tech, Helium 3 mining at Jupiter and the moon base colony Von Braun :drool:

SZ :)

:odd: Don't know what it is, yet can say SU :mad::grumpy: Maybe you don't like big walking humanoid mechanized weapon of war that doesn't have special power and can be as fragile as the next main battle tank :) Pacific Rim follows the same thinking with real robot genre, although I think Zaku in Gundam still much closer to reality ( size, weaponry and durability )

The Zaku II was more of a cannon fodder in the main series anime Mobile Suit Gundam 079. The recent CGI movies - MS IGLOO, feature the Zaku in close ground battles, and they are quite nicely presented, more like mini Jaeger with guns and bazooka.

Watch the youtube movie I linked above to see them in action and got owned by a tank with sabot rounds ( APFSDS ) :D

Fine, then why bother.

And you still care to vote :) Thank you for the contribution.

A Zaku Tank :D and that's a big ass triple barreled gun :eek:

This is another hobby model kit that looks cool Zaku Giant Howitzer Tank, talk about being creative :lol:

award_bld6.jpg

And the one I posted is bigger and longer :lol:

I'm too old :(

Must resist :mad: :cool: I can see why some consider it uncool, I have spent most of my childhood with the anime, model kits, metal die cast and read the novels. Zaku is the main reason the Earth Federation built the protagonist mobile suit RX78-2 Gundam aka White Devil.

Obsessions ? Not even close. I enjoy multitudes of entertainment from movies, animes, music, games ( console + PC from Nintendo days ), and sport ( Xanda and some other discipline ). I also spent most of my teenage and college years in Japanese imports having driven countless models/make of cars since my 1st car ( 89 Peugeot 505 GTI ) back in the 90's. Also loved to ride bikes ( Honda Hornet and CBR ) If you are talking about obsessions, then the dark side of me was illegal street racing.

Trying so hard to defend something, everytime someone posts you quote them.
@Slash does that as well on some Mustang threads but I give it a pass because I love the look and feel of old style painted metal.:D

I love Star Trek but if someone polled a ship I don't think I could vote it cool because it's a fictional spacecraft made for a tv show.

Also, when the poll title makes it seem like it could be a grain silo or the auxiliary boost wing boost pump for a 737, that isn't cool.

Anything to do with anime is seriously, deeply, catastrophically uncool, plus it's a weapon of war from what I've read. Something that is designed specifically to kill people? How can that be cool?

Trying so hard to defend something, everytime someone posts you quote them.
@Slash does that as well on some Mustang threads but I give it a pass because I love the look and feel of old style painted metal.:D

I love Star Trek but if someone polled a ship I don't think I could vote it cool because it's a fictional spacecraft made for a tv show.

Also, when the poll title makes it seem like it could be a grain silo or the auxiliary boost wing boost pump for a 737, that isn't cool.

Was trying to be nice :) I'll stop quoting or posting then if that makes it better. I don't think I defend the poll with my posts, I was trying to shed more info about the poll being discussed. I'm not going to debate the simple reason of being uncool due to the source form being anime or robot.

For the title name/code :

Chassis codes : BCNR33, ECR33, DC2, EG6, JZX90, ST202, SW20, GC8, CT9A Lancer Evo IX, CZ4A Evo X, RPS13, NCP31 bB, CL7 Euro R, DE3A GPX, then engine codes, just a few of so many of them that I used to deal with everyday at car/race meets, garage meet etc. They are not cool for those who have no clue :lol:, reminds me of my younger days when I was often called by girls as car freak. I used to be very specific when talking about a car model and engine :D

I see now that anime is not well received at GTP, should have known before hand and avoid submitting the Zaku. Should have been Sanda instead :lol:

Anything to do with anime is seriously, deeply, catastrophically uncool, plus it's a weapon of war from what I've read. Something that is designed specifically to kill people? How can that be cool?

Fictional machines of war don't tend to leave a tangible body count in their wake. Although any weapon designed to be little more than an expendable grunt is itself far from cool. Being "much closer to reality" doesn't make them any more real than the most outlandish mechs from other franchises either. It just means they're better at being ripped to (fictional) pieces. :P

I grew out of Gundams a long time ago, but Zaku II remains to be one of the most memorable bot designs for me. SZ on nostalgic value.

Back