GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @DCybertron
Fire

Large_bonfire.jpg

It's important.

Manufacturer: Nature, Humans
Role: Burning/Cooking things.
Horsepower: Some
Temperature: Anywhere from 700℃ (1,300℉) to 4,990℃ (9,000℉).
Fuel: Flammable things.

*Seriously, I had to look up how old the universe was when oxygen was first synthesised within the cores of population III stars so as to establish when it would first have been theoretically possible for materials to rapidly oxidise in an exothermic reaction...

Cool. Ehm no. Hot. Dammit.

Helps you get rid of those pesky sickening critters in your meat.

Anyone who votes anything above Seriously Uncool, go stick your hand in a fire and report back to us how cool fire is :lol:

Oh, so the cool wall is temperature related voting rather than slang? Well, in that case I should have voted the McLaren cool since it's probably cold to the touch. All cars should be cool depending on environment. McLaren on a hot Texas day in August would be uncool. Maybe seriously uncool. Can you please list the ambient temperature and location of said cars in the future? That would help a lot. Thanks.

Sub Zero. So cool the Chinese drew a picture of it and started using it as part of their written language. 火 

I'm trying to figure out why guns always get voted seriously uncool. Cold steel is cold. Mix in a little inclimate weather and they should be sub zero.

Sub Zero. So cool the Chinese drew a picture of it and started using it as part of their written language. 火 

And then they used it for Tuesday, the most forgettable day of the week. Also, fire is one of the few toys that will never fail to interest kids at some point in their lives.

Let's face it, fire is sub-zero. We stole it from the gods in a fennel seed, can source it from the sun, make it from rocks struck together, and it formed the basis of most inventions (save maybe the hammer) from there on. Fire was literally the spark that forced us to create stuff, transform things, and destroy lives. We harness it with a wild grin...and hell, there wouldn't be a Gran Turismo without tiny, controlled explosions.

Okay, so maybe GT would have horses or sled dogs, so it's not a perfect kind of metaphoranalogythingie.

Last edited:
There's no smoke without it... apart from dry ice machines, but we'll ignore them for now.

Sub zero, purely because without it bacon is just cold wet pig meat.

I'm sorry George Foreman, food just ain't as good without it.

Fire, undoubtably a turning point in the levelling up of ancient man, gets a SZ from me, because let's be honest, no one likes to light their smokes with an induction lighter (like the one in your car's centre consol).

There are downsides to this miraculous element (house fires, witch burnings, forest fires, Fantastic 4) but those are far outweighed by its benefits.

@Pupik, the Chinese don't use fire for Tuesday. Tuesday is literally 'day 2' in Chinese unless you're referring to the character for 'qi' in which case that represents any elemental force and is also what CNG is called (gas). Unless I'm missing something here, which could be likely.

Last edited:
My high school chemistry teacher was a pyromaniac. He set fire to everything. The desks, the floor, any magnesium he could get his hands on, things that burned in different colours, hydrogen...

Fire is awesome. SZ.

Related, me and my science partner once managed to topple a Bunsen burner and set fire to a lab table in senior school. Everybody freaked out until the teacher came with an extingusher. I don't know how I caught fire, it was such thick wood.

Voting cool in the sense that the combustion of oxygen is actually pretty useful.

Fires songs you say?

Related, me and my science partner once managed to topple a Bunsen burner and set fire to a lab table in senior school. Everybody freaked out until the teacher came with an extingusher. I don't know how I caught fire, it was such thick wood.
Oh I did that, although instead of a bunsen burner flame, it was a small plastic bottle of ethanol, which basically filled with fire. :scared:

@Pupik, the Chinese don't use fire for Tuesday. Tuesday is literally 'day 2' in Chinese unless you're referring to the character for 'qi' in which case that represents any elemental force and is also what CNG is called (gas). Unless I'm missing something here, which could be likely.
Maybe he confused them with the Japanese. The Japanese certainly use that kanji for Tuesday.

Back