(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1995-2006 Playstation/Playstation 1 nominated by @Stephan

75px-Playstation_logo_colour.svg.png

135px-PlayStation_logo_wordmark_1994to2009.svg.png

1280px-PSX-Console-wController.jpg

1920px-PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg
The PlayStation (officially abbreviated to PS, and commonly known as the PS1 or PSX) is a home video game console developed and marketed by Sony Computer Entertainment. The console was released on 3 December 1994 in Japan, 9 September 1995 in North America, 29 September 1995 in Europe, and for 15 November 1995 in Australia. The console was the first of the PlayStation lineup of home video game consoles. It primarily competed with the Nintendo 64 and the Sega Saturn as part of the fifth generation of video game consoles.

The PlayStation is the first "computer entertainment platform" to ship 100 million units, which it had reached 9 years and 6 months after its initial launch. In 2000, a redesigned, slim version called the PS one was released, replacing the original grey console and named appropriately to avoid confusion with its successor, the PlayStation 2.

In 1999, Sony announced the successor to the PlayStation, the PlayStation 2, which is backwards compatible with the PlayStation's DualShock controller and games, and launched the console in 2000. The last PS one units were sold in winter 2004 before it was officially discontinued in March 2005, for a total of 102 million units shipped since its launch 10 years earlier. Games for the PlayStation continued to sell until Sony ceased production of PlayStation games on 23 March 2006 – over 11 years after it had been released, and less than a year before the debut of the PlayStation 3.​

One of the best video game consoles developed, but at the end of the day it's still just a video game console. Uncool.

The game console that introduced me to the world of video gaming. Sub Zero.

Back when my family and cousins were into gaming, we have Gran Turismo 2 and had memory cards slotted with tons of different cars to race each time we get together.

It taught me that the Vector M12 LM Edition was a really dangerous car.

Anything nostalgic can be cool.

The Playstation 1 was so popular here that I barely know anybody that ever played on the Nintendo 64 or Sega Saturn back then. It literally became the console you associate with when it comes to video games.

While i was born in 1999, i still had great memories with certain games like Crash Bandicoot, Tekken...etc back when I was a kid.

My very first console my brothers and my sister got on Christmas 1996 with Crash Bandicoot and Gran Turismo. Lots of good memories thanks to this thing. To this day I have the startup sounds burned into my memories too. :lol:

It's cool to me.

Cool, doesn't have the nostalgic games I grew up with, but overall, it's a very strong system.

What I want people to realize is how small the slim PSOne is. Legitimately, it's the size of a paperback book and weighs about as much as a feather. Compared to the other PS Slim models, and hell, maybe even the recent NES/SNES Classics Nintendo is putting out, this thing is tiny, and I love it because of that.

My very first console, the slim version to be specific. Many days and hours were spent playing Driver in my youth.

Back