GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @All Your Base

2005 Gran Turismo 4

Gran_Turismo_4.jpg

Platform: PlayStation 2
Genre: Racing/GT
Developer: Polyphony Digital
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: December 28, 2004 (JP), February 22, 2005 (NA), March 9, 2005 (EU)
Cars: 700+

Metacritic Rating: 89

150573-Gran_Turismo_4_%28USA%29-1.jpg

gran-turismo-4-299c38b.jpg

gran-turismo-hybrid-daimler-motor-carriage.jpg

633131-561066_20050114_006.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I still think the best Gran Turismo is the first, but this is the one I've played the most out of all 6 games.

I've probably* logged more hours on this game than any other.

I think you can guess what I voted as a result.

*It's a toss up between this, GT2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sim City 4, Lylat Wars, and Sonic Generations.

It's cool, but I think I'd rather play GT3, even if it's lacking in cars. GT4 is just so big, and I'd never be able to finish all the endurance races. On the other hand, I could actually beat GT3, since the longest single race can be beaten in under 3 hours.

Last Gran Turismo I looked forward to, didn't like the game........ but it was the annoying delay of this game that made me bump into GTPlanet, so I'll settle it in the middle. Meh.

The best players are good enough that the game can't load in front of them quickly enough.

I can't even get close.

Sub Zero from me, have been playing it for 10 years now! This game, along with the previous 2, were my childhood.

It practically set the core essentials of what a Gran Turismo game would be, and onwards.

Meh. It's just a game.

-

I've probably logged more hours on this game than any other. But at the end, all it did was inspire me to waste even more time and money on modifying and racing actual cars, write car magazine fanfiction, take up writing actual car magazine-type articles for the internet, and, finally, join a stupid car magazine.

Ruined my life.

:lol: :D

Videogame. Uncool.

Also, the one GT I could never finish due to my PS2 dying. GT5 was a piece of crap, and don't even get me started on the last one. GT4 was a truly good game.

Seriously Understeer.

After Gran Turismo 3, which was hot stuff right at the time when my friends and I were turning 16 and learning about cars, Gran Turismo 4 was like if someone baked a big delicious-looking cake but accidentally used salt instead of sugar in the recipe. It should have been great, but there was no chance in hell I could enjoy it.

Also, it walked all over Enthusia in sales (that was Konami's fault, too), scaring Konami away from making any sequels. You could say I'm a bit salty about that. ;)

Back