Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @Naveek Darkroom

2010-present My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

250px-My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic_logo.svg.png

Created by: Lauren Faust
Type: TV Series (Animated)

Genre: Fantasy, adventure, slice of life, etc.
Country of origin: Canada/US
Channel: Discovery Family (Formerly The Hub)
Air date: October 10, 2010-present

twilight_sparkle__alicorn__by_90sigma-d5v8fc1.png

Twilight Sparkle (alicorn)

Rarity.png

Rarity

FANMADE_Applejack_vector_by_Qsteel.png

Applejack

Pinkie-Pie-image-pinkie-pie-36749476-5000-5503.png

Pinkie Pie

Rainbow_dash_12_by_xpesifeindx-d5giyir.png

Rainbow Dash

fluttershy_happy_by_myardius-d5ttnfi.png

Fluttershy

spike_the_dragon_vector_by_durpy-d51a3tn.png

Spike​

A TV show that was effectively hijacked by the Internet. Otherwise it would've slipped under the radar.

Seriously uncool.

I still maintain that the show itself is genuinely OK. But regarding coolness, it's a well-balanced Meh.

Last edited:
A fun watch with the girlfriend. Not my favourite kind of show but still decent. Cool.

Watch it with my little sister from time to time, there are times where it gets interesting, but most times it gets all bleah.

Meh from me.

It's a girl's cartoon that doesn't feature ridiculously stylized sexpot hypertramps and vapid, cardboard characters that teach kids looking good and being popular are all that matter. Cool enough.

Not quite as cool as, say, Avatar, or P&F, or Young Justice, or... errh... whatever... it's not bad enough to merit a meh.

-

Of course, they had to go ruin everything with Equestria Girls... which, even if it does sort of follow the same themes, is a Seriously Uncool "cashing in" move by the studio...

Holy picture resolution bandwidth, Batman!

Very few cartoons are anything more than Seriously Uncool

I wouldn't consider myself a Brony (not anymore), though I occasionally watch. It's good enough, but it's most certainly not cool. I've created cooler things inside a flaming oven (not actually, as I have never been inside, or desired to be inside a flaming oven, or near one. Fire is bad, kids, unless you're using it to get rid of evidence. Shhhh.) Definitely not SZ, though I can't say SU because I sort of enjoy it. So meh.

MLP: seriously uncool since I had to put up with my sister playing with the little rubber pony dolls 30 odd years ago.... I mean at least Cindy had a Range Rover to play with.

Hell No! I cannot stress enough how SERIOUSLY UNCOOL MLP is.
This deserves an eternal stay in Hell!

Sub-zero, simply because this show is brilliant (in most respects). A huge fanbase (quite good) also helps with that as well...

(This vote is heavily biased because I am a brony myself...)

Somehow, the show keeps my hyperactive 8 year old sister focused and the toys make her busy, but she's able to watch most episodes available on Netflix in one sit.

As for the show itself...

Meh

Back