GTP Alternative Cool Wall: 2013-present Kantai Collection

2013-present Kantai Collection

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
@C-ZETA has decided to take up a new career in limbo dancing.

2013-present Kantai Collection

aqYdfim.jpg

Developers:
Kadokawa Games
Publishers: DMM.com
Platform: Adobe Flash
Genre: Online card battle game (ie. like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh) themed around warships.
Female characters: 200 (as of this post)
Male characters: 0
Registered players: 2 million+

Yes, some of the pic's a bit racy. That's the point. (But @C-ZETA will provide a new image if the need arises, apparently)
No, of course @C-ZETA wouldn't play this. @C-ZETA is normal, not one of those 2 million.​
[/CENTER]

Last edited:
  1. Note, the option for voters to abstain from voting has been added for this week as an experiment. If it proves a good thing, I'll keep it, otherwise it will be decidedly short lived.
  2. As another note, anyone who has voted "abstain" during this trial week will be requested to confirm that they meant to vote abstain and not "seriously uncool".​

Last edited:
Words cannot describe how seriously uncool this is. Being shut in a room with the End of Evangelion playing on a loop for 24 hours might do something to explain how uncool the people who developed it and who play it are, but the only thing as uncool as this is that isn't against some sort of law is anything else which is basically the same as this.

Also, it's published by Kadokawa, and you would not believe how much of their junk I won, and yet I hate them so much because... [Insert Haruhi fanrage here]

Last edited:
Never heard of it, though the OP pic seems to suggest something that appeals to that very nichest of niche markets. Abstaining.

@BlameAuntJemima, if you actually don't know anything about it, then read the OP. It contains information about it. Don't vote until you know what it is. As @Custom878 said, I put the new "abstain" option in for people who are unable to form an opinion about it, but still want to show that they at least considered voting. Of course, you can vote whatever you want for whatever reason you want, but I appreciate it if people don't skew the polls by voting "meh" out of a lack of knowledge rather than an inability to decide whether or not it's cool.

Voting meh out of a lack of knowledge a bit like voting for the sole political party that you've heard of in an election purely because you've heard of them, regardless of whether or not you like their policies and without reading up on the other party's policies first. It strikes others as being very poor reasoning.

Last edited:
I'm going to abstain from this one. I could try to vote but I don't know and would like to not know what I'm looking at (and yes I read the OP and I still don't know what to make of this).

@DurWinning, it's a trading card game that I would say is aimed at this guy:

Gendo_Ikari.jpg

But if you don't know who he is and why he's actually such a sad, pathtic character, you'd probably just look at him and think that he's a complete badass military guy (And that's what he pretends to be). So, instead, I'll say that it's a trading card aimed at this guy, when he's doing this:

gendo_ikari_and_kaji_shaving_for_shick_by_elijarman-d52up2c.jpg

In a bizarre (and by all accounts real) advert for disposable razors. (The girl on the right is his ex-wife's daughter. Or maybe it's just his ex-wife. Anyway, it's definitely his son's sister, speaking of which, his son would probably also play this game after what his father put him through.)

@DurWinning, it's a trading card game that I would say is aimed at this guy:

Gendo_Ikari.jpg

But if you don't know who he is and why he's actually such a sad, pathtic character, you'd probably just look at him and think that he's a complete badass military guy (And that's what he pretends to be). So, instead, I'll say that it's a trading card aimed at this guy, when he's doing this:

gendo_ikari_and_kaji_shaving_for_shick_by_elijarman-d52up2c.jpg

In a bizarre (and by all accounts real) advert for disposable razors.
I am now even more confused.

Um. I still don't get it. You know what, forget it. I already voted "abstained" so I'll just sit back and ponder what my next nomination will be.

@BlameAuntJemima, if you actually don't know anything about it, then read the OP. It contains information about it. Don't vote until you know what it is. As @Custom878 said, I put the new "abstain" option in for people who are unable to form an opinion about it, but still want to show that they at least considered voting. Of course, you can vote whatever you want for whatever reason you want, but I appreciate it if people don't skew the polls by voting "meh" out of a lack of knowledge rather than an inability to decide whether or not it's cool.

Voting meh out of a lack of knowledge a bit like voting for the sole political party that you've heard of in an election purely because you've heard of them, regardless of whether or not you like their policies and without reading up on the other party's policies first. It strikes others as being very poor reasoning.
I did read the description, but I honestly didn't even notice the abstain option until after I voted. My mistake.

I'm surprised Kantai made it in GTP's Cool Wall. I imagined most participants wouldn't even be familiar with it, so perhaps a breakdown on how the game plays might've helped a LOT.

I have no idea how it plays, I just know it's a trading card game of some sort. If @C-ZETA had specified further, I may have put a breakdown in, but I assumed that "trading card game" would suffice.

Latest Posts

Back