GTP Alternative Cool Wall Nomination and Results Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 201 comments
If it's not too much of a hassle considering how spammy the letter f would be as brought up by previous posts I would like to change my nomination to Progressive Rock music.

If it's not too much of a hassle considering how spammy the letter f would be as brought up by previous posts I would like to change my nomination to Progressive Rock music.
Your nomination has been changed. As such, it is now at the bottom of the queue.

Poll #51 now up!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ll-1953-north-american-f-86f-30-sabre.358457/

@V12 lmr, you are now free to nominate something else!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For anyone wondering why there hasn't been a poll uploaded in a long time, it's because i decided to wait for most of the polls on the front page of the Rumble Strip to clear away. Polls will be going up at a normal rate now.

I nominate the mechanical pencil.
40680.jpg

Unless this is deemed to be against the aup, lets try and get this disgusting thing relegated to the abomination of hell. I nominate

Paedophilia

I would like to nominate:
Hair%20lock-%20dna%20legal.jpg

Human hair/Hair

Hair is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the dermis, or skin. Hair is one of the defining characteristics of mammals. The human body, apart from areas of glabrous skin, is covered in follicles which produce thick terminal and fine vellus hair. Most common interest in hair is focused on hair growth, hair types and hair care, but hair is also an important biomaterial primarily composed of protein, notably alpha-keratin.

Attitudes towards different hair, such as hairstyles and hair removal, vary widely across different cultures and historical periods, but it is often used to indicate a person's personal beliefs or social position, such as their age, sex, or religion.

Works of music could be that, entire discography or a genre. You said progressive rock music which contains nothing but works of music...
While that's true, could that not also mean planet Earth would be banned because it has cars, people, animals and works of music in it?

@Turbo Could you clarify if genres are allowed? I'm more than happy to nominate something else if not.

While that's true, could that not also mean planet Earth would be banned because it has cars, people, animals and works of music in it?

How so, a poll on Earth wouldn't be allowed to begin with cause it's not man made, two even if it was allowed how does one inevitably jump to cars and works of music on earth when discussing earth...

That's quite the leap in example, when the argument being had is that you asked to poll a music genre, which will inexplicably talk about works of music with in said genre. I'm baffled at how you thought the comparison you made was coherent.

How so, a poll on Earth wouldn't be allowed to begin with cause it's not man made, two even if it was allowed how does one inevitably jump to cars and works of music on earth when discussing earth...

That's quite the leap in example, when the argument being had is that you asked to poll a music genre, which will inexplicably talk about works of music with in said genre. I'm baffled at how you thought the comparison you made was coherent.
I wasn't being serious about that one. I have a tendency to say ridiculous stuff, that was one of them. Sorry.

@Turbo Could you clarify if genres are allowed? I'm more than happy to nominate something else if not.
Because music genres are not covered on the GTP Music cool wall, yes they are.

I admire @Turbo for their effort in trying to bring this back, but I'm not surprised it failed. I found pretty quickly when I ran it that as a concept it's both too niche and too open. Cool walls for very specific things work as a direct comparision is being made as to what aesthetic qualities with regards to coolness that item holds against it's contemporaries, forebearers, and successors. Comparing the coolness of chalk to cheese, all one finds is that nobody wants to have that conversation, especially on a forum which is neither centered around chalk nor cheese.

Latest Posts

Back