GTP Alternative Cool Wall Nomination Request Thread (Read OP) [NOMINATIONS CLOSED, see pages 10-11]

1978-present LEGO minifigure
01.jpg

Type:
Small plastic figure
Country of origin: Denmark
Height: Four standard-size bricks
Usual colour: Yellow​

2007 - present Team Fortress 2

TF2_Boxart.png

The most successful and influential f2p game on the face on the earth.

Is still run by Valve, and assisted by the community.

Known as Conga Hat Simulator by fans, and spawned an endless amounts of memes, such as Pootis, Painis Cupcake, Ninja Spy, Pop It Don't Drop It and many many more.

The very reason why Half Life 3 will be confirmed due to the Illuminati.

Voice splicing the many characters are known to make way better versions of certain songs.

Seriously, a FPS that rewards skill and teamwork more than any other in its genre.

10/10, would Conga again.

Mistake Brett Farve Action Figure:View attachment 280991
Company:
Gracelyn
Action Figure: NFL Re-Plays Series III Brett Farve (Throwback).
Where I found it: I found it in the clearance section at Walmart about 6 years ago.
What's the mistake?: The action figure is dark skinned. Brett Farve is white.
Others with the same mistake?: Not that I am aware of. I did some research and only found action figures that were correct.
Why is his right arm detached?:
I'm not exactly sure but there is a break in the seal but it's only at the bottom. For this reason I believe it was a returned item.
Value: I do not know the value. I've never got it appraised but will in the future. Probably be worth more than the $5 I paid for it.

Hmm... The notability on that one is borderline for me. Any less notable and I would say "no, no one will vote on this", but I can actually form an opinion on how cool it is, and most other users probably could too. The question is whether or not they would want to.

If I get the mods or someone coming along saying that it's not worth it, it wont go up, otherwise it will (unless the user changes their nomination).

Last edited:
Hey @Roger the Horse small error on the first page for my nomination. Billy Mays isn't alive anymore. Would that still count as 1958-Present or shouldn't that be switched to 1958-2009?

@Roger the Horse My entry for the New Year's special. This will make the Ice Box, no doubt.
2005 Gran Turismo 4

Gran_Turismo_4.jpg

Platform: PlayStation 2
Genre: Racing/GT
Developer: Polyphony Digital
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: December 28, 2004 (JP), February 22, 2005 (NA), March 9, 2005 (EU)
Cars: 700+

Metacritic Rating: 89

150573-Gran_Turismo_4_%28USA%29-1.jpg

gran-turismo-4-299c38b.jpg

gran-turismo-hybrid-daimler-motor-carriage.jpg

633131-561066_20050114_006.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Since I can nominate another thing, I might as well.

2010-present My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
250px-My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic_logo.svg.png

Created by: Lauren Faust
Type: TV Series (Animated)

Genre: Fantasy, adventure, slice of life, etc.
Country of origin: Canada/US
Channel: Discovery Family (Formerly The Hub)
Air date: October 10, 2010-present
Known for: Bronies, a group mainly composed of older males who are fans of the show. You've probably heard of them if you haven't been living under a rock this whole time. I'm not sure if Maud lives under a rock.

The main characters are in that spoiler, I don't know how to name spoiler tags.
121921.png

Twilight Sparkle
twilight_sparkle__alicorn__by_90sigma-d5v8fc1.png

Twilight Sparkle (alicorn)

Rarity.png

Rarity

FANMADE_Applejack_vector_by_Qsteel.png

Applejack

Pinkie-Pie-image-pinkie-pie-36749476-5000-5503.png

Pinkie Pie

Rainbow_dash_12_by_xpesifeindx-d5giyir.png

Rainbow Dash

fluttershy_happy_by_myardius-d5ttnfi.png

Fluttershy

spike_the_dragon_vector_by_durpy-d51a3tn.png

Spike​

We could use a separate TV/Film Cool Wall.

Sorry about the screwed up spoiler tags, I can't figure out how to fix them. If this does make it to polling, can you please fix it?​

Last edited:
Ok. I'll probably mess up the template. But I'll give it a go.

Hot Wheels

Hot-Wheels.jpeg

Scale: 1:64
First released: 1968
Parent Company: Mattel
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Hot Wheels is the #1 vehicle property in the United States, selling more than 2,75,000 basic 1:64 scale cars per day. That means 8,250,000 cars in a month.

Jordan 11 "Gamma Blue"
th

A new colorway of a classic which Michael Jordan wore in 1995
Released last year on December 21, people camped out for days for this shoe.
I currently own a pair of these
Original price on release was $180, but resale prices can reach as high as $450

Robot Wars
Robot_Wars.jpg

TV show 1998-2004
7 UK Series' plus 2 Extreme.
2 Dutch Series.
1 German Series.
2 American Series plus an American Series on Nickelodeon.

100kg Moving Remote Controlled weapons (basically) in an arena just smashing, flipping, ramming and destroying each other.
Razer
Razer_001.jpg

Chaos 2
546px-Chaos2extreme1hq.jpg

Hypno-Disc
Hypnodisc.jpg

Tornado
Ex1-bc5.jpg

Sir Killalot
640px-SirKillalot.jpg

And then just a collection of the Out of the Arena moments

One of the best TV programmes ever.​

Last edited:
@Roger the Horse The last 4 nominations are not in the queue.

A horse has to eat, sleep, exercise and make mixtapes, don't you know? :P

Don't except him/her/it to have it up to date all the time.

I prefer them/they/their, personally.

And seriously, I have been almost obsessively making mixtapes recently. It's kind of a coping mechanism for all the paranoia and stuff that goes on in my head. I'm sure it's not actually healthy.

OK, unless someone gets another in before midnight, this will most likely be the last nomination before the hiatus starts:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Karl Benz

Born November 25, 1844
Mühlburg (Karlsruhe), German Confederation
Died April 4, 1929 (aged 84)
Ladenburg, Germany
Nationality German
Education University of Karlsruhe
Spouse(s) Bertha Ringer
Children 5, Eugen, Richard, Clara, Ellen, Thilde
Parents Johann George Benz (father), Josephine Vaillant (mother)
Engineering career
Significant projects
founded Mercedes-Benz
Significant design Benz Patent Motorwagen
Significant advance Petroleum-powered automobile
Signature

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Benz

I hope this is a good note to end with.

Just as a clarification, the GTP Alternative Cool Wall will close after the remaining backlog of nominations is cleared. It was always an experiment, and in my view interest in all but a few threads (usually fast aircraft) has not been sufficient to warrant its continuation.

Thank you for your nominations, votes, and discussion. It's been interesting.

I just noticed that I wrote it is continuation. What? Edited.

Last edited:
Just as a clarification, the GTP Alternative Cool Wall will close after the remaining backlog of nominations is cleared. It was always an experiment, and in my view interest in all but a few threads (usually fast aircraft) has not been sufficient to warrant it's continuation.

I can take over if you wish.

Not trying to offend you, but as far as I've seen, everything you've tried to start or take over has failed so far. I wouldn't expect this to get any farther.
I knew this was coming.

The only reason I abandoned the Advanced Warfare Cool Wall was because everyone was against the idea. I will admit it was sort of a mistake to cancel the Music CW. I thought of how unpopular it would be, and I beg to differ.

Just as a clarification, the GTP Alternative Cool Wall will close after the remaining backlog of nominations is cleared. It was always an experiment, and in my view interest in all but a few threads (usually fast aircraft) has not been sufficient to warrant it's continuation.

Hey, you gave it a go, and now you're putting it away. You've done better than I did. Enjoyed...some...of the polls, the others...it was definitely the subject matter.

Is there any possibility of a successor? This just seems too good of an idea to die and it's possible someone might be able to take over.

@Custom878, personally I think it would be best if for the time being it stopped. I may restart it myself some day, I may hand it over to someone else if they seem capable, but for now it needs to swoop in, land gently, and rest.

It takes up too much space on the forum and too much of my time for the relatively low amount of activity the vast majority of these threads receive to warrant. I'm also wary of handing it over to anyone who might not be able to handle it effectively, and would feel that if someone were to take my place then the assigning of that person should be a community decision.

The other issue if it were to restart is that the nomination criteria would need to ensure that the polls are consistently for more interesting subjects (while grandfathering the results of the old polls). The popularity of each poll varies greatly by subject matter, hence why I feel it failed as an experiment. Perhaps this would make a good discussion point? I dunno.

Could this be the last nomination?

1983-1985 Honda ATC 200X

13810799393_8346a19493_z.jpg

Production: 1983-1985 (first generation)
Engine: 192cc air-cooled 4 Stroke
Horsepower: 18
Torque: 12 lb-ft
Dry Weight: 282lbs
Transmission: 5 speed manual w/ clutch
Brakes: Front + Rear hydraulic discs w/ single piston calipers
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Starter: Kick
Top Speed: 58 mph

Notes: The baby of the race three wheelers back in the 1980's. This was one of Honda's most popular models, selling well over 150,000 units in it's first 3 years of production. This machine was noteable in it's extreme reliability, since it's engine was sourced from the XR200 dirt bike and later helped create the base for the modern CRF 230 engines. It was also noteable in that it was a fantastic trail machine. It also came with it's own small tool kit mounted to the machine for spark plug removal and other basic maintanence. A neat feature was it's air intake duct up near the handlebars, which meant you could drown these under a lake and it would still run. Today, there are still thousands on the market with a ton of aftermarket support as it's one of the most popular ATV's that was ever created, and helped pave the way towards many of the receation machines you see today. Contrary to popular belief, the machines are legal, safe and quite fun in the right enviroment. They are arguably more popular than ever.

Other Photos:
ATC200X_1985_US_1.jpg
84200xweb1.jpg
1985ATC200xweb2.jpg
img3868m.jpg
$_1.JPG
100_1696.jpg
ATC200X_1983_US_2.jpg
85200X.jpg
sHonda1983atc200x.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Back