DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
gtp14-jpg.266794

The votes are in.

They have been sorted and counted.

They have not been verified by an independent adjudicator.

The results are...

Most Knowledgeable
@Famine
:cheers:

Best Quote
@hsv
for
hsv
Because you spam up every thread, every comments section with the same, repetitive, whiny crap. I'm getting positively sick of the troll force showing up to hammer nonconstructive, uninteresting posts that we've all heard a billion times before, that add nothing to any form of discussion. I don't want to single you out here, in fact I feel bad doing so, because there are so many who do just this.

The GT6 section is turning GTP, all the general discussion, all the helpfulness and friendliness I remember from just a few years back when I was scanning through the forums after discovering it, into something that goes against what GTPlanet was set up to do. All the rules we have, the non-stop hard work on the site from everyone involved running it who do the most incredible job of any forum I've ever come across on the internet, feels like it's going to waste when we have one side - arguably the most important side, the one the whole community was founded upon - falling into a trap of bad attitudes, and incessant whinging and trolling.

I am not saying don't criticise where needs be. It's vital in good discussion. Whilst I feel GT6 is a fantastic game, I understand that a lot are not satisfied with a lot of the things it offers. That's fine by me. I too feel that the GT series could be even greater. It's just I don't feel the need to attack every thread that comes up with nonsense, and watch valid compliments get drowned in a wave of incessant misery.

The GT6 section, as well as certain parts of it in particular, has become a laughing stock to other parts of the community. It's viewed as the joke part of the site, the place where everything this community doesn't stand for comes to fester. We have some amazing threads, people and attitudes buried in there, but the problem is they're being buried. With our current rate of regression, we're going to see them get buried further. If only people could step back, and see what remarks are being made about the current state of this section, it may just put it out there to them that change needs to happen. It's sad this has to be said. It's sad that we have to joke around with a "brain cell loss" warning. But it's a sad truth.

I made a pact to never go in the areas of discussion again, because they spiral into cringe worthiness at best. I came back to see if some attitudes had changed, but it's the same old stuff. Personally, GTP has a fantastic image because of the incredible community it is. That is why we have an influx of new members. I just feel as though around half of those members will have signed up to do the "lol pd ur crap BroKEn promi ses all the fanboys keep defending kaz" dance all over the comments, and threads, and status updates, and so on and so forth. I also don't want this to be the general image we're giving out to new members who'd like to contribute sensibly, who have great things to give.

Consider my rant over. I know this'll probably get brushed past, ignored by many who it targets, but it's a collective of the viewpoints of mine and a large percentage of other people. I speak on behalf of them on this, in saying - just give it some thought please.

Best Thread
GTPlanet vs Wham
by
@Daniel

Most Helpful
@TB

Friendliest
@Ken Koios

Funniest
@axletramp

Best Avatar/Title/Sig combo
@Small_Fryz

Biggest impression on GTP
@Jordan

Most likley to be wheeled off to the nut house
@Danny

Most Improved member/Best Turnaround
@Slash

Most Opinionated
@TenEightyOne

Most likely to be crowned a moderator
@Imari

Best new member
@Legro

Darwin Award
@JMoney689

...and that's it for another year. :)

Thanks to everyone who took part. A note to some, although I'm pretty sure the other people wont get the notifications, there really is no need to 'tag' the people you're nominating!!

See you all again next year! :) :cheers:

*edit*
Hit the post button a little prematurely!! Best quote will be up in a few minutes! :lol: :dunce:

*edit2*
There we go. Does someone want to tag hsv in their reply as he wont get the one I edited in here.

Last edited:
Oh come on, I was the most deserving of the Darwin Award. :grumpy: :P

I would like to know (via PM of course) who voted for me, I'm genuinely taken aback. :lol:

Congratulations to all of the winners! @Ken Koios is very friendly and very deserving. 👍

@DQuaN I am curious if I got votes for anything, is there a way I can go about getting that information from you?

Did anyone vote for me for anything?

hsv
I would like to know (via PM of course) who voted for me, I'm genuinely taken aback. :lol:

Congratulations to all of the winners! @Ken Koios is very friendly and very deserving. 👍

@DQuaN I am curious if I got votes for anything, is there a way I can go about getting that information from you?

I can't tell you who voted for you. I can tell you how many votes you got. PM me if you want to know.

That was a great post by hsv - so glad it was quoted and honoured.

Congratulations to all of you - 'cept maybe the Darwin award?

axletramp isn't funny, he just looks that way.
;)

TB
Thanks for the votes, everyone. I promise to be less helpful next year. :P
You pointed me into an unlit stairwell. I did not enjoy falling down all of those stairs.

Back