GTP Cool Wall: 1936-1940 Mercedes-Benz 540K (type W24)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahgee
  • 79 comments
  • 13,319 views

1936-1940 Mercedes-Benz 540K (type W24)


  • Total voters
    123
  • Poll closed .
Easy SZ, even if it reminds me of Cruella's car.
 
Tough call. It's so nice but it's a bit ostentatious...
 
The easiest sub-zero title just changed hands.
 
Cool, saw one at a local auto show, this one is owned by the Gilmore car museum.
image.jpg

image.jpg
 
Definitely cool.
 
W&N must be physically sick when he sees a Beetle.

I think he would hate it either way...

Classy, but not quite a subzero for me.

Because it ain't a BMW 328
BMW_328_Mille_Miglia_Touring_Coup%C3%A9_1939_-_Flickr_-_exfordy.jpg


an Auburn Speedster
auburn-speedster-boatail-01.jpg



or, if your tastes run to the classically classical, a Jaguar SS100
Jaguar_SS100_in_SA.JPG
 
It's achingly cool. Easiest SZ I gave after the XKSS
 
Because it ain't a BMW 328an Auburn Speedster
auburn-speedster-boatail-01.jpg

Dude if you're gona brag about the 852, don't post a picture of a replica! You won this:
1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif


That SS doesn't suck, it swallows.

/Huehuhuehuehuehue.

Now this is how you brag of a car! Let's see how many get it :lol:
 
W&N must be physically sick when he sees a Beetle.

I have a feeling I know how he'd vote on this one it be SU for him due to a certain political group during the Era that happened to have a Leader in the same nation and on and on and on.
 
High cool. just because of those exposed horns.
 
That's one of the nicest and classiest looking cars I've ever seen from the '30s. Very cool!
 
Dude if you're gona brag about the 852, don't post a picture of a replica! You won this:
1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

Pohtato potahto McDonald's French Fries. It looks like one, I'll take it. :lol:

Mind you, the last time I looked at an Auburn Speedster was when I was sixteen years old or so...
 
It's definitely a nice car, but the Nazi-ism gets me to vote Meh. :D

However, imagine the horrible backlash if Mercedes tried to 'recreate' this car today. Wow.
 
The only uncool thing about this car is the fact it was used by the Nazis. If that weren't so I would have said Sub-Zero.
 
The question is simple: if you drove this, would you put a smile on others' faces? The answer is yes, so it's a Sub Zero from me. Used by Nazis or not, it's a car, it's coolness has nothing to do with fascistic regimes...
 
Any car that exists solely in the realm of concours gets an uncool from me.
 
Sub-freaking-Zero. And it's unfortunate Roger had to go for SU... Seriously, just imagine him driving one of those cars? Pffft, I HIGHLY doubt he was a mercedes kind of guy. More like a Volkswagen guy however I don't even bloody know if Volkswagen had limos or fancy vehicles by that time. Yep, definately not any that I recall of.
 
Sub-freaking-Zero. And it's unfortunate Roger had to go for SU... Seriously, just imagine him driving one of those cars? Pffft, I HIGHLY doubt he was a mercedes kind of guy. More like a Volkswagen guy however I don't even bloody know if Volkswagen had limos or fancy vehicles by that time. Yep, definately not any that I recall of.

VW barely existed at the time.
 
Back