GTP Cool Wall: 1950-1953 Aston Martin DB2

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 43 comments

1950-1953 Aston Martin DB2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Classic Aston that's not offensive to look at, the average age of owners are probably more than double my age. Thus you'd never look bad in one. Cool.

Those cars are cool despite being Bond cars, not because of it. I'm not saying 'Every car that appears in a Bond film is uncool'

Like I said, I was just making an observation to check the validity of the claim that

Anything related with movies/TV will make cars uncool/seriously uncool. Scientific fact of car life.

... specifically within the context of Bond Films, since they do often get mentioned in any Aston Cool Wall thread that covers an Aston driven by 007. Personally, I'm indifferent either way as to whether Bond has an effect on the coolness of cars.

Personally I don't like the DB10 either, I think it looks like an Aston that's had too much plastic surgery, and it was upstaged by the presence of the CX-75 in Spectre.

James Bond only makes cars more cool and iconic. It wouldn't be in the icebox without Bond.

You see someone driving a DB5 (or even DB4 or DB6 - since joe public wouldn't know the difference) your initial reaction wouldn't be 'they look cool' it would be 'they think they're James Bond'.

One (kinda) local showroom has one of these for sale. They are really lovely. And big, they are bigger than expected. And I'm a fan of it's looks. They just look cool. Sub-Zero

This is a seriously cool Aston, no doubt about it. Just imagine the type of person to race these DB2s back in the 50's and 60's, Bond car didn't mean a thing (or meant a Bentley?). I particularly like this one:
Aston-Martin-DB2-3.jpg

Aston-Martin-DB2-6.jpg

Aston-Martin-DB2-4.jpg

Aston-Martin-DB2-5.jpg

If the headlights were a little bit higher, it would be perfect. But nothing a little bit of adhesive wouldn't fix.

Whadda ya mean? It's totally legal.

Right guys?

High cool, but as others have mentioned, there are other DBs which are SZ.

Wouldn't kick her out of bed though.

Back