GTP Cool Wall: 1952 Morris Minor Series II

1952 Morris Minor Series II

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it wrong for me to always think how fast a small car like this could be if I were to put a more powerful engine in it?

Anyway, I voted seriously uncool.

I like it. I would drive one over a 2cv or classic VW bug. Cool for me. I bet they are super rare in the states especially in the west.

I give it cool. Especially the coupes are cool, and they're commonly a target of outrageous V8 swaps. Who in their right mind would put a V8 into a car that's chassis flexes so much with stock power that the glovebox doesn't stay shut?! :lol:

If they call it a Moggy too, they're so hipster they need punching so hard their home-knitted jumper falls off.

*Curiously these are also the classic models of choice for Gaia-worshipping, Guardian-reading hippies too

Starting to sound a bit Anglo-Saxon&Geeky there.

:D

Give it a "Meh", don't care much about it, either way.

In the UK, there's certainly a slightly higher hipster population by proportion amongst classic (pre-1973) car owners than in genpop, but hipsters tend to go for certain models amongst classics. These are, in no particular order, the Morris Minor, the BL Mini (not enough money to go for BMC and Rover's too new), the Volkswagen Beetle (no offence, Church Camp) and the Citroen 2CV/Dyane*. Why? Because there were boatloads of them and they're a cheap way of being "different".

If they call it a Moggy too, they're so hipster they need punching so hard their home-knitted jumper falls off.

*Curiously these are also the classic models of choice for Gaia-worshipping, Guardian-reading hippies too

Hit the nail on the head there. Some of them do need punching.

I wanted to be different on the car front too so I bought a Capri. Does that make me a hipster? :scared:

My Minor was purchased about half a decade ago to help me learn to drive stick and better understand automotive mechanicals. Though I do love to be 'different', it's unfortunate I'd now be associated with the dreaded hipster crowd. :P

There is a Minor that drives round where I live. Its colour is rusty pale blue and rust. It must be at least 50% tape, I think that's the only thing holding it together. Highly depressing. Uncool.

Ahh I know it's slow..but I just love the old Morris Minor:cool: has so much old world charm and character, as well as the little Mini..I love English cars!
I too like the classic British cars. Tbh wish they'd add the Morris Minor to GT7, well we've got the Mini how about adding the Moggy to the game, I'd definitely have one in my garage, on the other hand I do own and drive a series 2 Morris Minor.:D

Last edited:
Back