• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1963-1967 Honda T360 nominated by gtpanoz

honda-lin-20110916-051_6431_big.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1963-1967
Style: 2-door pickup truck
Engine: 22 ci/356 cc AK250E inline 4 (rated 30 HP & 20 lb-ft)
Transmisson: 4-speed manual
Layout: Front-engine (?), rear-drive
This is apparently the first four-wheeled vehicle ever produced by Honda. Still doesn't make it that much cooler IMO.

Last edited:
Pointless. It's good for anything other than show. My single cylinder atv has more power than that, and it's not even new. It doesn't look good, probably can't haul any kind of weight, no room for much of anything, likely will get stuck in any kind of off road...just no. Poor excuse for a truck.

A solid Meh. Quirky, but it's "just" a utility vehicle. Plus that Honda badge on the front looks like one of those strips you put on your nose to clear your pores.

In the tiny, cramped streets of Japan, these are absolutely fit for purpose; they deliver small amounts of stuff to and from shops. Judging it to standards it's not designed for is like complaining how a modern American truck can't dice with an R18 at Le Mans.

It's amazing how many people are entirely missing the point.

It's not designed for going off into the woods and bring back timber or whatever you "proper" pickup people seem to think it should do, it's designed to ship small amounts of goods through crowded Japanese streets while fitting within Japanese size regulations that allow you to park on the road at night only if your car is smaller than a certain size.

Does it do that? Yes.

A cautious cool. It doesn't really meet any of the traditional definitions, but it's cool in the same way that many old cars are cool - it's rare, it'd make you go "ooh" and probably smile if you saw one pass in the street, and it's almost certainly owned by a proper car enthusiast who bought it because they wanted it and not because it's just a commercial vehicle.

The counter argument is that it's a bit daft, but "meh" seemed too non-committal for a polarizing car, so cool it is.

It's a classic truck that won't attract rednecks or "car show people". Plus it's a mini, mini-truck and I can totally dig that. I'll give it a solid cool.

Perhaps worth pointing out that it's only "useless" when considered out of context. I suspect a big, look-how-manly-I-am truck like a Ford F-Series would be equally useless down a narrow Japanese back alley.

This is 'Murica. If our trucks aren't needlessly oversized, they're useless. Never mind that most of them will never see anything more than a dirt road or carry more than a couple bags of dirt for a garden.

Well if you put it that way...I still stand by my vote of Seriously Uncool.
Wasn't trying to change your mind - it isn't up to me, and I can fully understand why some people think it isn't cool. I was torn myself. But calling it "useless" is to misunderstand its use.

Wasn't trying to change your mind - it isn't up to me, and I can fully understand why some people think it isn't cool. I was torn myself. But calling it "useless" is to misunderstand its use.

I understand it's use. Still seriously uncool IMO.

Not said in the OP, but in the request thread. This truck is Honda's first automobile that was put into production. Beating the better known S500 by a few months. That said, every Civic, Accord, NSX, and every other Honda car ever made follows this tiny trucks footsteps.

Back