GTP Cool Wall: 1963-1971 Mercedes-Benz SL (W113)

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 40 comments

1963-1971 Mercedes-Benz SL (W113)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very clean and classy design, but also very conservative. In the end I just don't find it pretty enough to give it SZ, going to go with Cool.

Everything is great about these. The ride, the looks, the quality. Everything. Except for the price.

This absolutely. I recently did a shoot with what might be the best W113 in Mexico, it is immaculately restored and totally road worthy, but when the guy told us the price these fetch the other mag guy and I just cursed. I trully couldn't believe it.

Still effortlessly sub zero, specially after having taken a ride in the thing and appreciated the detailing when shooting the car. It's truly beautiful and well engineered.

Timelessly classy with no effort. Absolutely subzero.

Mercedes SL - instant Sub.

A car bought for no other purpose than to drive around, in style on a summer's day, enjoying the countryside. Performance, who cares? Looks georgeous, especially for a german car, practicality? Ha. Reliability - I don't know, probably not the simpliest thing in the world, its first best purpose is a cool ride, so it has to be sub to me.

A solid Cool. A car that works well for anybody, that isn't shackled within any class-related boundaries.

So, down in my garage...1964
IMG_20150109_205610_083.jpg

Whenever I drive this, tons of compliments and thumbs up. Most common word people use when talking to me about it is "classy".

Last edited:
It should be renamed the "Mercedes DoppelÜberMegaGroßenGeilWagen".

It's one of the most perfect car designs I can think of, it looks cool without trying which means cool squared. It looks absurdely classy, as stylish as you can get. Timeless, yadda, everyone would look cool in one, yadda yadda, height of Mercedes design, blah blah, Sub Zero. Just Sub Zero.

Back