• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1965-1966 Shelby GT350 nominated by RandomCarGuy17

20430_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1965-1966
Style: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: 289 ci/4.7 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 306 HP & 329 lb-ft)
Transmission: 3-speed automatic, 4-speed manual
Layout: Front-engine, rear-drive​

Who would be so daft to have a 3-speed in a car like this?

Anyway...

American muscle = automatic Sub-Zero. (Waits for @Slash to get all giddy about it.)

I'll wait a bit before voting. My first instinct is uncool.

Classic cars tend to attract numbers matching car bores. Uncool.

Mustang with stripes and scoops. Uncool.

On the other hand, this model has much less aggressive styling than later models and most muscle cars which is cool.

Who would be so daft to have a 3-speed in a car like this?

Yo!

The only Mustang that deserves Sub Zero.

And it should be white with blue stripes.

Not the R, but still very cool.

Fun fact with the Hertz rental models, people would swap out the Hi-Po engine with a regular 289, and bring the car back to the rental place with no one being the wiser.

People got quite a few performance engines that way.

Sod it, sub zero. Has to be. The regular Mustang it's based on is already cool; rarity factor is one that boosts it to SZ, and the fact that people rented the Hertz ones and then took them racing (which is hilarious) does the rest.

I picked sub-zero. Well, by TG cool wall rules; it's already cool for having stripes. It's also a classic Mustang and those are also usually very cool. Add those two things with the fact it's the first Shelby Mustang make it a Sub-Zero.

Last edited:
I hate mustangs, I just don't like them..... Except this one and the fox body.

I like this one a bit cause it kinda looks aggressive on the road. Especially with wide tires.

I'm not really a fan of pre-1970 ugly mustangs that have sad/scared face for front fascia but the dark green paint made it sub-zero.

Back