• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1967-1969 Kaiser-Jeep M715 nominated by Custom878

kaiserjeep-m715_0f521.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1967-1969
Style: 2-door cargo/troop carrier
Engine: Tornado 231 ci/3,777 cc naturally aspirated OHC inline 6 (rated 133 HP & 199 lb-ft)
Transmission: T-98 4-speed manual + NP200 2-speed transfer case
Layout: Front-engine, Four-wheel-drive
Related: Jeep Gladiator
AKA: Five Quarter​

My take? Sure it can only go 55 mph, but this is SZ. 20th-century U.S. millitary hardware is always cool. Plus I like the look of some versions.

Interestingly, the camshaft only had 6 lobes - each cylinder's intake and exhaust valves were operated by one lobe. This apparently made designing cam profiles pretty difficult.

I know wheeled military vehicles aren't the most sightly bunch, but jeez.

Interesting and a definite head-turner, sure (military buff or not). But deeply uncool.

On a whim? Cool. But only if you drive it like you would anything else. Doing the whole pretend-military dressing up to drive it would be seriously uncool - but doing your shopping in it or turning up to your grandparents' house in it would be pretty funny.

Military vehicles are all at least cool.

Haven't seen too many of these still around, so that bumps it above cool.

It works, but a video for Born In The USA that can't be viewed in the US is silly.

Silly Youtube.

Seriously uncool. No chick on her right mind would ride along in that thing.

There's chicks with right minds ? I was under the assumption they were all crazy :) Actually my wife would love that thing, she loves old trucks and cars...the more unusual the better. Its cool.

There's chicks with right minds ? I was under the assumption they were all crazy :) Actually my wife would love that thing, she loves old trucks and cars...the more unusual the better. Its cool.

:lol:

Well, I mean "standard" woman. They're all crazy, it's just that most of them are the exact same kind of boring crazy and some of them are deliciously crazy, like my girlfriend and your wife who can enjoy quirky cars...even if it's just for their husbands sake. :lol:. I kid you not, we once went on a double date with a friend of mine who was trying to impress a girl and we all had a blast in his '69 Land Rover Santana. However, when deciding what's cool and what's not, one of the things I think of is how would it fare with the average female gender, kind of like the "Would it impress Kristen Scott Thomas?" question in Top Gear's cool wall. Neither this or my friend's Landy fare well in that question, regardless of how capable they are as off-roaders or how much we, as men, like they way they look.

D-bags never cease to amaze me.

U.S. made military vehicle comes up and it's uncool cause you look like a "we the people" type or w/e.
Communist made military vehicle comes up and zomg that's so cool.

:rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back