• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1968-1970 Plymouth Road Runner nominated by @Custom878
Plymouth%20Road%20Runner%201st%20generation%201968-1970%20(1970%20hardtop%202d)%20(01)%20[BA1].jpg

Engines: 383 C.I. (6.3L) V8, 426 C.I. (7.0L V8), 440 C.I. (7.2L V8)
Power: 6.3L: 335 hp; 7.0L: 425 hp; 7.2L: 390 hp
Torque: 6.3L: 425 lb-ft.; 7.0L: 490 lb-ft.; 7.2L: 490 lb-ft.
Weight: 1544-1565 kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic, 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Last nomination under the @White & Nerdy regime, so say good bye folks

I was offered one about 12 years ago. It was only the body shell and in not such a good condition and without the space or money to rebuild it I had to pass on it, even if it wouldn't have cost anything to purchase.

This is one of the cooler muscle cars though.

The picture you used sucks. Whats wrong with mine?

The attractive, no nonsense muscle car. It does it's job without shouting "LOOK AT ME" unless of course you wanted it to.

Sub-zero.

The picture you used sucks. Whats wrong with mine?

It looked modified to me, rather than post it and run the risk of it being modified and thus possibly swaying the vote illegally, I found one from that I believe to be stock.

One of the few classic muscle cars I can appreciate, as I've ridden in one twice before.

Cool if it doesn't have all the flashy junk on it, Meh with.

OP picture isn't the best angle.

Road Runner is a good car / car I like. As far as I'm aware, Plymouth pony and muscle cars were a rather more discernible choice despite being Chrysler's budget badge.

What's the status of them as garage/number queens? I feel I should have full disclosure before casting a vote.

It looked modified to me, rather than post it and run the risk of it being modified and thus possibly swaying the vote illegally, I found one from that I believe to be stock.
It was completely stock. How did it look modified to you? :odd:

What's the status of them as garage/number queens? I feel I should have full disclosure before casting a vote.
Most of them are driven, but Mopar guys tend to be the worst as far as garage queens. However, it should be noted that Roadrunners aren't usually the queens so much as Chargers and Challengers.

Two toned paint job, and the fact that the rim color matched the design of the car. If it's not, I'm sorry
Where do you any of those things? :odd: If you're talking about the pinstripe, I believe that was a factory option. I have no idea what you are talking about with the wheels.

Last edited:
But 500 lb-ft of torque :P

At 3k rpm or so. The fun is at the redline.. Also, with a lighter, more aerodynamic chassis you don't need torque for other than getting under way..

At 3k rpm or so. The fun is at the redline.. Also, with a lighter, more aerodynamic chassis you don't need torque for other than getting under way..
Part of the fun of a muscle car is roasting them without touching the throttle :lol: But you make it sound like it stoips building power. The motor will wind up to 5500-6k RPM and build horsepower as it does it.

Anyways, gotta love the exhaust sound of a stock muscle car :D

I'm typically not a muscle car fan nor do I usually think they are cool, but the horn will go "meep meep" and that's cool.

Really wish they had put the 340 in this. Absolute gem of an engine.
I agree, of all the Mopar small blocks (318/340/360 etc), the 340 was probably my favorite. Great engines.

You could've also asked me about it first.

Yes, I'm making a big deal out of this. I'll stop now.

Not a fan at all - even still it has to be called cool.

I mean, when the "small" engine is a 383CI, and the top of the range is a 440CI, idk I think this things might actually be a hoot to drive.

I think it mostly qualifies as cool just for how wasteful of fuel and tyres it is, can't deny it.

Back