Jahgee1124
1968 Citroën DS 21 Decapotable nominated by @CarBastard
uqr5dX9.jpg

Body Style: 2 Door Convertible
Engine: 2.2L I4
Power Output: 141 HP
Transmission: 4 Speed Semi-Automatic
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Additional Information: It was built by coach-builder Henri Chapron. Front and Rear independent adjustable self-leveling suspension. Hydraulic front brakes and rear drum brakes. Engine is overhead valve and has a Weber two-barrel carburetor. The model pictured is currently for sale at the cost of $204,117.95 (155K Euros)

Convertible 4 seater that's already a comfy Citroen is cool.

Now I shall patiently sit back and wait for this thread to blow up into more debate/arguing/insults etc.

Always found the DS to be quite ugly. The front end is nice, but from the base of the overly upright screen backwards... :yuck:

Uncool.

A normal DS is sub-zero, no problem. But a convertible DS doesn't look inherently right...

I don't know.

Doesn't look bad with the roof up or down. But then it doesn't have the same rakish quality of the sedan.

More than quirky enough to be cool though.

I'm also gonna jump on the "not quite cool without a roof" bandwagon. One of my favorite features of the DS, maybe even my most favorite of all, are the small tail-lamps in the top of the rear of the roof.

I mean, it's still sub zero, it's a freaking DS. But not quite as cool. And of course, not even close to the awesomeness of the wagon.

It's a Citroen DS. Sub Zero. Not as cool as the saloon, but still a very long way below zero.

Sadly the saloons have started to get a bit of a rarer sight on the roads in the Netherlands recently. I think people have been trading them in for Teslas.

I thought that Citroen DS was front wheel drive.

The DS is FWD 👍

This car is the epitome of cool... imagine driving this along the coast road from Nice to Monaco on a warm summers day. It's a classless car.

Hm...

Pros:
Classic.
Rare.
Unique.
Not ugly.

Cons:
Citroën.
4 seater convertible.
Not pretty.

I'm torn between a cool, meh, or uncool... It's not good or bad enough to hit the extreme of either side.

It's a con to me. :lol:

The 2CV is the only Citroën I really like.

Edit: I'm going with meh, there's not enough swaying me either way to rate it high or low.

The saloon was never the best in the looks department IMO, and cutting the roof off doesn't really help. I'd rather go to the French Riviera in something else.

Meh.

It's a con to me. :lol:

The 2CV is the only Citroën I really like.

Edit: I'm going with meh, there's not enough swaying me either way to rate it high or low.

Citroen being a con for you, yet you like the 2CV, the only Citroen car you like...

Diiiisregaaardeed. (I like the 2CV but being that acr a slow hell of a car, I had to go Uncool before...because I was unsure...and hapepned I was only a few people that did vote uncool..I still feel bad. I thought people did not like it.)

I'm going with cool on this. Convertible looks nice, but I prefer the original.

Citroen being a con for you, yet you like the 2CV, the only Citroen car you like...

Diiiisregaaardeed. (I like the 2CV but being that acr a slow hell of a car, I had to go Uncool before...because I was unsure...and hapepned I was only a few people that did vote uncool..I still feel bad. I thought people did not like it.)

I'm going with cool on this. Convertible looks nice, but I prefer the original.
I love the 2cv. Cute French car. Wasn't around when it was polled though.

Back