GTP Cool Wall: 1968 Citroën DS 21 Decapotable

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 50 comments

1968 Citroën DS 21 Decapotable

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why did many cars back then have lines in the headlights?
It's probably for safety, preventing them from shattering too badly.

Unless you mean on the bulb lenses inside the actual cluster. I think that's for directing and spreading the light properly.

Hope this helps :)

Very, very ugly. Not as bad as the other DS we polled, as it does look better as a convertible coupe, but still very ugly and underpowered. Uncool.

Another cool wall car I think is ugly but everyone else finds beautiful...

Why did many cars back then have lines in the headlights?

It's probably for safety, preventing them from shattering too badly.

Unless you mean on the bulb lenses inside the actual cluster. I think that's for directing and spreading the light properly.

Hope this helps :)

The lines on the bulb are indeed for light refraction.

The lines on the covers won't prevent the formation of sharp shards, not unless they're laid out in a web. They look like they could be for defrosting, but they could also be decorative... Headlights already defrost themselves.

It's cool, not as cool as the hardtop DS is but still fairly frigid since it's still a classic French car.

A goDeSs that'll let the wind blow through your hair while you cruise with close to as much class and style as it's humanly possible to have. It'll look good anywhere and to anyone, plus you have ALL DAT SKY over your head!

Sub-Zero.

This car is the epitome of cool... imagine driving this along the coast road from Nice to Monaco on a warm summers day. It's a classless car.

This man, right here. He gets it 👍.

Pure cool ...

If the 2CV is cool, this thing is cool to the nth degree...

When you drive this car, you are fully enjoying life!

"C'est la classe"

...let the wind blow through your hair while you cruise with close to as much class and style as it's humanly possible to have. It'll look good anywhere and to anyone...

👍

Anyone could drive this car in almost any situation and they'd look uber cool (without even trying).

A car without any pretensions whatsoever.

Took me a while to vote on this.

It is a good looking topless car.

But is still a crappy Citroën. Meh.

Back