United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1969-1976 Porsche 914 nominated by @PeterJB
6575255395_1a4d8be3c7_o.jpg

Engines:
1.7L F4, 1.8L F4, 2.0L F4, 2.0L F6,
Power: 1.7L F4: 79 hp; 1.8L F4: 84 hp; 2.0L F4: 99 hp; 2.0L F6: 109 hp
Torque: 1.7L F4: 100 lb-ft.; 1.8L F4: 102 lb-ft.; 2.0L F4: 118 lb-ft.; 2.0L F6: 118 lb-ft.
Weight: 1.7L F4: 940 kg; 1.8L F4: 950 kg; 2.0L F4: 950 kg; 2.0L F6: 985 kg.
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door targa coupe​

Sub zero. Because someone I know who's very special to me has one.

Epic car otherwise.

I like it but it isn't cool.

This. I don't know... but something about the design of the front always threw me for a loop...

Meh is the best I can give it. I'd love one myself, but...

Not a fan of the looks personally but, it's probably a very fun car to drive, solid cool.

Same class and period as the smaller X1/9, but without the charm that gives the Fiat so much appeal. As interesting as this VW/Porsche collab was, the resulting sports car never struck me as being particularly cool.

One of my exes had one of these with the 1.7 VW engine. Loved every second I spent behind the wheel of that thing (other than the fact that 6'4" people don't fit all that well). I dig that it's a product of a time where Porsche wasn't quite the pretentious brand it has become, and were willing to collaborate on a cheap, fun sports car for the masses. It looks a little ungainly, but I wouldn't call it ugly. And targa tops are always cool.

But, you can't be sub-zero when your big brother is cooler than you. So "cool" it is.

Not my favorite Porsche, nor is it the most pretty, and if I were shopping for a car in that price range (about 15-20 grand for a nice, running one), this wouldn't be it.

It's lacking the appeal most Porsches have, the highest I'll go is meh.

Normally Porsche's are uncool (my personal opinion). Yet this one isn't made for the rich man. It's the poor man's sports car. That's why I like it. Nothing to brash or bold. Simple and affordable.

Cool.

Seriously uncool. Looks like a cheap kit car, perfect for those with a mid life crisis.

The 916 was much, much better looking in my eyes:

1976_Porsche_914_6_cylinder_916_Steel_Roof_Flared_GT_Driver_For_Sale_Front_1.jpg

1976_Porsche_914_6_GT_916_Steel_Roof_Conversion_For_Sale_resize.jpg

Or even adding some black Fuchs to the 914 goes a long way, or wheels of similar style:

VW-Porsche_914_am_17.06.2007.jpg

:drool:

Now I show that, I want one with that wheel combo now. Ugh. :drool:

Last edited:
Mid Engined? DARN IT LOOKED LIKE A FRONTIE!

Obvious starter car in NFS Porsche's Classic era PS1, but this car is pretty much a Porsche who tried to be a...

Erm...

A...

Hmm...

A what now?

Great cars, but they seem to be about 10 times as common on the racetrack as they are on the road. They're almost exclusively used as race cars. And I don't find that terribly cool.

I love the way the 914 looks - the proportions are spot on, and it's such a clean and simple design (though the car in the OP is spoiled a little by the nasty US-Spec front bumper). It also has pop up headlights, which are always cool.

High cool, if not quite sub zero.

Back