1970 Mazda RX500 nominated by @Mike458

mazdarx500concept_04.jpg

Stats

Production
1970 (concept car)

Styles
2-door coupe

Engines
10A 30x2 ci/491x2 cc naturally aspirated 2-rotor (rated 246 HP & ??? lb-ft)

Transmissions
4-speed manual

Layouts
Mid-engine, Rear-drive​

Trivia
This car was a real, working prototype, though it used a racing engine, not the production 12A it was apparently listed as having at one point.

The transaxle was apparently from the FWD Mazda RX-87 Luce, which apparently had a 4-speed manual.

My Take
Not sure. I actually quite like the look of it, and might be willing to give it a Cool.

Goodbye
This will, in all likelihood, be my last Cool Wall post. So long everybody, it hasn't been fun, at least not for a while.

*Inb4 SUBC*

I kinda like this one. Kinda strange and quirky in a Japanese way. The rear is pretty crazy looking too.

DSC_2927.jpg

'Dat watermark.

I still wonder how many people knew of it's existence before it came to GT6.

Sub Zero, it looks amazing, at 246bhp it's definitely fast enough. Unfortunately I didn't know about this awesome car before GT6.

High cool, solely for it being a concept car but still having those fender/wing mounted side view mirrors like other Japanese production cars of the time. Almost any car with mirrors like that is cool.

Hmm, looks familiar. *Double checks own photo collection*

14520044778_815af48b7c_c.jpg

I was clearly feeling lazy, and didn't bother kneeling down for the best angle :lol:

Normally I'd say the coolness of a concept is irrelevant but.. Whatever. Sub zero.

hmmlooksfamiliar.jpg

I love this car and those who know my constant whingeing about my knees will know that for me to do this means I thought it was worth the effort.

Seriously uncool because concept.

Never knew this even existed until GT6. The front looks okay but the back looks absolutely wretched. Uncool.

Stacked with the fact that it never made it beyond concept form, is really uncool. Seriously uncool.

Don't care how much the rotary gets love or the GT guys get excited, it can't be cool.

Uncool because concept car. Save from being seriously uncool because, despite my general dislike of rotary engines, it at least makes it more quirky than most concept cars.

It's an awsome car, but... It's a concept and because of that it's Seriously Uncool. Shame, because if it wasn't it would be one of the easiest SZ ever.

Oh god! I knew about this car before it was cool, from a book about concept cars I read a while back, and hence I am hipster trash! NOOO!!

Uncool because concept and also for turning me into the scourge of humanity. I hope nobody nominates the Cien or the Alfa Bat thing because those were in the book before they were cool as well. :(

View attachment 189882
I love this car and those who know my constant whingeing about my knees will know that for me to do this means I thought it was worth the effort.

Seriously uncool because concept.

That is an utterly ridiculous rear end.

Subzero because seventies.

Back