Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1973-1979 Lamborghini Urraco nominated by @AlvaroF
1024px-Lamborghini_Urraco_P111_%28France%29.jpg

Engines:
2.0L V8, 2.5L V8, 3.0L V8
Power: P200: 180 hp; P250: 217 hp; P111/P300: 247 hp
Torque: P200: 130 lb-ft.; P250: 162 lb-ft.; P111/P300: 162 lb-ft.
Weight: 1100 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2+2 coupe
Additional Info: "This car was desinged to be the poor man's Lamborghini and it was planned to have thousands of units produced per year, but it ended up as a major flop. Of the 6 years in production, a total of 791 units were built. It was also known to be more expensive to mantain it than to buy it. Despite their rarity a good one goes for 30,000$ max."​
lamborghini-urraco-09.jpg

L0061.jpg

lambo_50anni2_017.jpg

lambo-urraco-1.jpg

urraco_p250_86.jpg

lamborghini_urraco_in_72-75.jpg

Lamborghini GT car that was there before Lamborghini turned into the poser-mobile manufacturer, it is now. Cool

It was an anonymous wedge when it was new. It is an anonymous wedge now. And if you bought your almost identical looking Gandini 2+2 wedge in Ferrari Dino flavor it actually had some balls.

Last edited:
When it was released it may have been very meh but now, it's a classic in my opinion and it's worth a low Sub Zero.

Cool, always loved these. That said, the interior is horrible even for the '70s - I mean I know it's supposed to be cheap but even a Ford Pinto had a better interior than that.

When, twenty years ago? Try £55,995..

Do not forget that it has Wheelers Dealers tag on it, when they first sold it, the goal price was £37,500. But yes, I took that price either from a website or the Petrolicious clip I sew, I can't remember now. Yes value has been increasing but prices aren't far apart.

Anyway, these aren't your typical Lambos and the one of the last few cool ones. They look good, they are somewhat cheap at some extent, and they are rare. Stupidly unreliable though, and that's not cool, but that doesn't spoil the experiance of owning a classic Lambo. Cool

Lamborghini GT car that was there before Lamborghini turned into the poser-mobile manufacturer, it is now. Cool
Exactly. I think it would be cool if they made another front engine GT.

"Hey, cool car!"

"It... It was a bit of a dud though."

"Whatever."

The "entry-level" Lambos gradually declined in coolness with a slight upturn after the release of the Huracan. But even that doesn't come close. Cool.

Last edited:
A poor man's version of anything that people aspire to and dream of is not cool, but people don't necessarily have to know that, and won't unless you specifically tell them. What a nice shape though.

Cool.

Probably the best looking car Lamborghini made before the utterly gorgeous Aventador, although the Miura and Espada both give it a run for its money. It's nice, not too flashy. Just about cool.

Sub Zero.

That 2l V8 was made for countries that had high tax based on displacement of the motor. Yet it still had more poke to it than some Ford 5.0's.. ;)
I just think it's kinda funny. You never hear about that haha.

Sub Zero.

That 2l V8 was made for countries that had high tax based on displacement of the motor. Yet it still had more poke to it than some Ford 5.0's.. ;)
Yeah. What did Ford's 5.0 make back then anyway? Around 140? I bet 180 horsepower would still be a decent amount of power since the car isn't that heavy. Not that I wouldn't mind the bigger 2.5 or 3.0.

Also, they only go for around 30 grand? Not bad considering their rarity.

Cool. Pre-douche Lamborghini.

At twice the price of a 911 it wasn't a poor man's anything. It also out sold the Countach by almost 5:1 during its production cycle, so it was hardly the sales flop that some sources tout it as. Even if it got nowhere near the factory's sales targets. Lamborghini just weren't the volume producer they've become in more recent years.

SZ from me, love any non-V12 Lamborghinis, though mainly for being non-V12 (and thus more obscure) Lamborghinis and invariably fascinating, cool cars. Looks great, not sure about the Dino argument above as it's quicker than a 246 and at least on a par with a 308 GT4, out of the box anyway. Regarding the V8, I think it was the smallest V8 ever made at the time? I have a rerun of Top Gear a few days ago to thank for that factoid.

Last edited:
Regarding the V8, I think it was the smallest V8 ever made at the time? I have a rerun of Top Gear a few days ago to thank for that factoid.

Fiat have had 1.5 V8's I think.

*edit* It was a 2ltr as well. I think some of the original turbo-era F1 engines may have been 1.5 V8's - although off the top of my head, I can only remember 1.5 V6's and inline fours.

Last edited:
Looks great, not sure about the Dino argument above as it's quicker than a 246 and at least on a par with a 308 GT4, out of the box anyway.
If you manage to get one built to P300 specifications, sure. Certainly not the American market P111, which was pounded all the way down to the same horsepower as the Italian market model but weighed much more.

It also out sold the Countach by almost 5:1 during its production cycle, so it was hardly the sales flop that some sources tout it as. Even if it got nowhere near the factory's sales targets.
They didn't sell anywhere near as many as they expected to (probably because the market was suddenly crowded when it actually went on sale), and both of its closest competitors outsold it by a healthy margin. Not sure what other criteria is needed.

*edit* It was a 2ltr as well. I think some of the original turbo-era F1 engines may have been 1.5 V8's - although off the top of my head, I can only remember 1.5 V6's and inline fours.

In fairness I'm not quoting James May as gospel, I'm sure there were others :)

Yeah. What did Ford's 5.0 make back then anyway? Around 140? I bet 180 horsepower would still be a decent amount of power since the car isn't that heavy. Not that I wouldn't mind the bigger 2.5 or 3.0.

Also, they only go for around 30 grand? Not bad considering their rarity.
Fords 5.0 ranged from 140-290 year depending. The low ratings were because they took a engine and dumbed it down to absurd points because it was cheaper than developing a new engine to meet emissions regulations. However I would bet it's easier to extract higher power levels by modifiying it than the Lamborghini here.

I think Ferrari might have used a 1.5 liter V8 at some point. I know for sure that there were 1.5 liter turbo sixes, and I'm pretty sure there may have been fours at some point too.

Back