Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "0-60 in 7.5 seconds, top speed of around 140mph"​
5pt0and500_2.jpg

5pt0and500_1.jpg

wide10240420.jpg

500slc.jpg

Last edited:
Not as cool as the soft-top, but still a very cool car. Old Mercedes despite their boring looks can make you look cool.

Pointlessly hard topped SL. Meh.

Actually it did have a longer wheelbase than the SL, so there was more space in it for passengers. Plus it was a fixed roof coupe, so it would have less flex than the convertible.

I've always liked those Mercedes, and the coupe version of these is quite rare to see. I'd rock one in a heartbeat. Cool.

"5.0. How can that not be cool?" - @Slash :D

But seriously, cool. I've always liked the styling of this generation, moreso than the cars that followed it. Thankfully, most of the gold chain necklace set have either moved on or died from a coke overdose in the late 80's, so only enthusiasts are left driving these big, guzzly monsters.

Those rally cars looks cool, and I do like this car, but it is by no means a cool car in my eyes. The C/R107 will never look as cool as the Pagoda and I find the R129 a much better looking car as well. Most of the ones I see are very neglected and owned by people who don't care much about the car. Gets a meh from me.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the 0-60 was a tad slow, possibly due to gearing and/or weight maybe? However, solid cool.

XS
I'm a bit puzzled as to why the 0-60 was a tad slow, possibly due to gearing and/or weight maybe? However, solid cool.

Probably gearing. It's around 138hp/ton which with a Google search seems maybe on the higher end of the scale, but still not horrible.

Dull looking Mercedes coupe from the 80s. Probably won't be mistaken as a taxi, but that isn't enough to make it cool. Uncool.

The rally car is interesting, though. It isn't very common for rally cars to have an automatic gearbox, unlike others this one did have one even in its rally form.

Never liked these, always found the proportion really really odd. On an unobjective point of view it's not all that uncool, but it still looks like a midlife crisis car. Uncool.

Back