Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1981-1989 Dodge Aries nominated by @The87Dodge

Dodge-Aries-sedan.jpg

Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 4-door sedan, 4-door wagon
Engines: 2.2L K I4, 2.5L K I4, 2.6L Mitsubishi G54B I4
Power: 82 hp (2.2L), 97 hp (2.5L), 114 hp (2.6L)
Torque: 122-146 lb-ft
Weight: 1095 kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic, 4-speed manual, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive​

Dodge_Aries_sedan.jpg

1989_Dodge_Aries_K_coupe.jpg
hj.jpeg

h.jpeg

Dodge-Aries-SE-001.jpg

aries.jpg

23527950007_large.jpg

gh.jpeg

I can recall exactly one time this car was cool, and you'll just have take my word for it:

It's the fall of 1997, and I'm leaving work one night in my trusty Neon. There's not many cars on the road, so speed limits are a bit of a hazy concept. Alas, what should pull up at the stop light but a white Dodge Aries, resplendently plain-Jane as if it left the showroom floor a dozen years prior, containing three people in it...all wearing suits, ties, and sunglasses.

It stomps on the gas pedal, so I play tag. I can't help but notice US government license plates, which is kind of odd. We all stop the chase at the next one, repeat for the next one, et cetera. For the next series, I know it's usually a speed trap, and the intersection isn't terribly safe, either. But Messrs. Aries proceeds at roughly 80mph past the proverbial cop in the bushes, and catches up with them.

Well, about one-half second after Constable Warren noticed the plates, he shut off his lights and made a U-turn, forgetting all about a traffic stop at the moment. I shrugged my shoulders and watched the K-car That Shouldn't speed off into the distance.

Where were they going? What top-secret thing were they up to? What the hell? The mind reels at the possibilities...Damn, I still want a Government Plate.

My word. I didn't know there were real cars that looked like the worst car in Grand Theft Auto.

They couldn't get the rights to the Austin Princess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back