GTP Cool Wall: 1986-1991 Toyota Soarer (Z20)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 39 comments

1986-1991 Toyota Soarer (Z20)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh. But to me, "Meh" is the very definition of being uncool. Being "Meh", being unnoticeable and bland beyond recognition. is the opposite of being cool

So have you simply never seen a Cool Wall thread about a BMW, or...

inb4 someone says he hasn't seen a Cool Wall thread derail into a discussion about it being "a Cool Wall, not a Like Wall or a Good Wall".

I actually love when that happens :lol:.

Uncool for now. Possibly cool given another ten years or so when relatively uninteresting 80s stuff is universally accepted as classics, rather than ironic allowances being made for certain cars.

38% of members who have voted in this thread for starters.
Oh I see. People with different opinions on taste and coolness than your own (without being obnoxious in any way) are worshiping fanboys and contribute to the uncoolness of the car for you.

Are you aware of how pretentious and condescending you are acting?

Last edited:
I've never heard of anyone ever worshipping a Z20 - even really a Soarer in general. Closest 'scene' that really revolves around this car is the shakotan crowd which I'd be sure that unless you have an interest in Japanese auto culture you wouldn't actually know about.

That said, I gave it a cool. The styling gives off a sense of strength with the long bonnet line and quality fit and finish.

I think personally that this generation of the Soarer is a bit interesting and I don't see anything wrong with it. It's also one JDM Toyota that I don't recall ever seeing the JDM crazies going nuts and obsessing over. I gave it a cool vote.

Also, I like the two-tone that it has in one of the pictures.

Nothing cool about it. But I arrived too late.

I'd love to own one, it fits right into my taste/regional era in car styling.

Oh I see. People with different opinions on taste and coolness than your own (without being obnoxious in any way) are worshiping fanboys and contribute to the uncoolness of the car for you.

Are you aware of how pretentious and condescending you are acting?

Yes and Yes. This is 'The Cool Wall' afterall. It's all about divisive personal opinion, not fact. It's an exercise in encouraging comment. :)

Back