Jahgee1124
1987 Ruf CTR Yellowbird nominated by @SuperLambo570
image-jpg.162500

Body Style: 2 door coupe
Engines: 3.4L Twin Turbo H6
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Power Output: 469 HP

Seriously Uncool. All you're ever going to do with a car like this is explain to people how it isn't a Porsche, also you're going to have to deal with people who only know about it from video games.

Honestly, I kind of like people not knowing what something I own is.

They're going to assume it's a Porsche, and then you're going to have to explain to them how it isn't because the VIN numbers are different or whatever the reason is. It's not like it's some obscure car design no one's ever seen, it's a design that was plastered all over the 80's and 90's.

I just don't see how that matters.

"Is that a Porsche?"
"...Yes, yes it is."

End of conversation. You can choose to 'explain' it and get into a silly argument and look like a fool, or placate people and let them have that small sliver of correctness before you blast it all the way to 60mph in 4 seconds.

I know which one of those matters more. Come on, you'd rather spend your time driving the thing than arguing over who built it, right?

Funny, had never really thought about this car a lot but weighing it all up, it's an already-preposterous 80s Carrera remixed with moar powah and is bright yellow. A handful, but probably no more so than the 911 3.3 Turbo, which actually looked a fair bit wilder. In a funny kind of way, this was the ultimate sleeper. SFZ.

930's are very cool. There's no other sports car from the 70s/early 80s that I'd rather have.

Modified 930s almost never are, and this one isn't an exception to that when it looks like exactly what it isn't.

Last edited:
You know, I was going to vote this SZ...

BUT

You would spend wayyyyy too much time...
  • explaining that this is "not JUST a Porsche"
  • arguing with fellow RUF enthusiasts as to whether it is pronounced "ruff" or "R. U. F."
  • buckling a 5-point harness
  • bragging about how your car held the top speed record
  • and wishing you had just bought a 959 back in 1988. Or a Singer 911 now.

Seriously uncool.

Sub-Zero. I love Porsche 930's, especially if they held a top speed record, even if it wasn't for too long.

Back