Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1989-1995 BMW M5 (E34) nominated by @GranTurismo916
bmw-m5-e34-15.jpg

Engines:
3.6L I6 EU ('89-'92), 3.6L I6 USA, 3.8L I6 EU ('92-'95)
Power: 3.6 EU ('89-'92): 311 hp; 3.6 USA: 307 hp; 3.8 EU ('92-'95): 335 hp
Torque: 3.6 EU ('89-'92): 266 lb-ft.; 3.6 USA: 266 lb-ft.; 3.8 EU ('92-'95): 295 lb-ft.
Weight: 1750 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan, 5-door wagon​

1995-BMW-E34-M5-Touring-rear.jpg

1995-M5-Wagon2.jpg

11960.jpg

BMW-M5_E34_mp2_pic_64211.jpg

BMWM5-E34-Sedan-777_4.jpg

BMW-E34-M543.jpg

Seriously uncool, because of all of those fake M badges on random 518/520s owned by people(mostly men) who just got their license.

A few years back this would have gotten a meh but lately I've been liking the E34 more than the E60 and F10. The 3.8 and the wagon variant give it a solid cool. I'd love to own a turbo E34 M5 Touring, in violet of course
DSC01064.jpg

Seriously uncool, because of all of those fake M badges on random 518/520s owned by people(mostly men) who just got their license.
That would make all AMGs and Ms uncool then because there has not been a single series of bimmer or benz that I haven't seen with an incorrect ///M or AMG badge.

Had an E34 tourer once, it was only a 525i but it still handled remarkable well for it's size and weight. Took me a long time to warm to the E34 in general, despite being a big BMW Fan, and I'm torn, I'd like to vote SZ... but I can't, because the Alpina B10 Bi-Turbo is cooler....

.. and there's too many modified E34 out there...

That would make all AMGs and Ms uncool then because there has not been a single series of bimmer or benz that I haven't seen with an incorrect ///M or AMG badge.
True, but late 80s and 90s BMWs have the biggest fake badging problem, due to them being mostly owned by those who are ignorant enough to put those fake badges (at least here). It's much more uncommon to see fake badging on BMW E90/E60 or 2008 Mercedes C-Class than it's on BMW E34/E36 or 1998 Mercedes CLK.

Last edited:
@Legro I think that just serves to make non-M versions less cool rather than the M5.

Those regular models tend to be driven by the sort of people who flog fake watches around here too. Hence I find them uncool. The M and Alpina models have always remained immune to that image for the most part. So they're cool in my book.

Last edited:
Seriously hot? check
Fast? check.
Generally unknown to the public? check.
Good mods? check.
SZ.

The average person doesn't care about cars. Car people do. And they all know the M5.
I know.
I don't know what I'm trying to say, actually... most people know, for example, what a C2 Corvette or GT500 or R34 look like and what they're capable of. This isn't, so in my opinion that makes it much cooler.

I think it's a cool car. Fast understated saloon that isn't completly soul-less. Gainig classic status quite fast and that's cool

I know.
I don't know what I'm trying to say, actually... most people know, for example, what a C2 Corvette or GT500 or R34 look like and what they're capable of. This isn't, so in my opinion that makes it much cooler.

Really what you're meaning is 'understated', then?

Uncool. People talk about it using chassis codes and that's always something that's uncool.

Overshadowed by both its predecessor and it's successor. Uncool, because it will always be known as the rubbish M5.

The average person doesn't care about cars. Car people do. And they all know the M5.
Don't you know that's what makes the WRX STI and so many other "gotta explain it" cars uncool?

Voted Cool.
Were it the E39 (I think that's the code) I'd say SZ. 👍

Overshadowed by both its predecessor and it's successor. Uncool, because it will always be known as the rubbish M5.

Last of the I6 M5's, hand-built, not as dated as it's predecessor and not as bloated as its successor. Non-car people won't know either way, and car people will know there's no such thing as a 'rubbish' M5 (except from in a Clarkson-esque land of Hyperbole).

Back