GTP Cool Wall: 1989-1995 BMW M5 (E34)

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 40 comments

1989-1995 BMW M5 (E34)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coolest with the early 'turbine' wheels.

I always thought the M-System 1 alloys made them look like white walls :D (or plastic wheel trims)

M-System-Wheels.jpg

2600363-1.jpg

the later M-System 2 wheels looked a bit generic, as they were fitted to lots of other BMW's too.

I'm kind of torn on the M5. Despite looking really nice, I'm just a bigger fan of its predecessor (not the V10, the one before that). And that issue about fake badges being used by tools, who feel they need to brag about the fact they own a M-car (when it clearly still is a diesel), drag my rating down a bit. The inline-6 engines save it from being labeled "meh", though (and because M5 aren't really deserving of a meh status anyway). Tuned Alpina versions are even cooler.

It's a cool for me.

Last edited:
Looking at it just tells you Sub Zero, however the E39 is the better M5 so I have to relegate it to Cool.

The E39 might've been a better car, but this looks cooler in all the ways an 80's car can that a 90's one can't. It's only grown on me over the past few years, but I love the look of this car now, especially in purple.

Voted SZ.

I somewhat agree with @Legro about the badging but my rating is for a real deal M5. And it's cool; quick and practical enough, overalls a nice car. It's just not really my type. :)

Back