GTP Cool Wall: 1989-1998 Mazda Miata/MX-5/Eunos Roadster

1989-1998 Mazda Miata/MX-5/Eunos Roadster

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because it looks (and likely performs) 🤬 stupid.
Thus meeting the "over-the-top" criterion earlier established.

As I said, and at the risk of repeating myself, it meets the conditions of both posts where W&N states what makes a car cool.

Thus meeting the "over-the-top" criterion earlier established.

As I said, and at the risk of repeating myself, it meets the conditions of both posts where W&N states what makes a car cool.

True, to an extent.

I think it depends on the car in question first and then he decides his conditions. I get where he's coming from because I can think the same way sometimes, but it's hard to put in words.

True, to an extent.

I think it depends on the car in question first and then he decides his conditions. I get where he's coming from because I can think the same way sometimes, but it's hard to put in words.
Almost as if coolness is subjective and, though can be largely self-determined by a basic set of criteria, not entirely beholden to a set of hard and fast rules?

WELL LORDY SAY IT AIN'T SO.

I mean, it's not like the more sensible forum members have been trying to get this message across for the last 4 years.

Exactly! :lol:

Though some people (and myself included) have tried to pass it off as fact and that if you disagree, you are wrong.

Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 (FD3S), Toyota 2000GT, Alpine A110S (we know you loved that one), Ford Lotus Cortina, Datsun 510. All cars that are rated Sub-Zero that have none of what you describe as cool.

The Hennessey Venom GT has what you think is cool, but has a -.046 rating, making it Uncool.

Don't use scores from GTP. I can bet you, if you took a Hennessy Venom GT downtown. A lot of people would look at it and say "wow that's cool". Over a NSX or Rx7. Half of them would just think it's another old car from the 90's.

You can just say most of GTP does not think it's cool and etc..

I'm kinda getting sick of you guys on W&N to be honest. Yes, I don't agree with what he says most, probably all of the time but I'm not going to be a ass hole.

@homeforsummer , was that comment needed? Like seriously was it?? You could of just kept your opinions to your self.

@Famine , I'm pretty sure he's just talking about cars...

It's nice you guys think the miata is cool but not everyone is going to think that and is going to express their feelings why....

Most likely, fast. Can you imagine how much weight that gold adds? And those rims?

Like I said, I wasn't talking about modified cars. The cool wall doesn't cover those. So, let's stick Elton John in the questionable mods thread and stay with factory standard cars here.

@Famine , I'm pretty sure he's just talking about cars...
Analogy.
It's nice you guys think the miata is cool but not everyone is going to think that and is going to express their feelings why....
You might want to direct that statement at the folk who don't actually tolerate dissenting opinions on coolness, not those who've been trying to point out for literally years that coolness is subjective and people can vote however they please...
Most likely, fast. Can you imagine how much weight that gold adds?
Not much. And as you know, weight has almost no bearing on top speed whatsoever.
And those rims?
Will dull acceleration somewhat but increase top speed massively - both due to the gearing effect. If its original top speed was aero limited it'll still reach it. If it was gear limited it will now exceed it.
Like I said, I wasn't talking about modified cars. The cool wall doesn't cover those. So, let's stick Elton John in the questionable mods thread and stay with factory standard cars here.
Ah yes, like all those factory standard racing cars we keep having to put up with.

Don't use scores from GTP. I can bet you, if you took a Hennessy Venom GT downtown. A lot of people would look at it and say "wow that's cool". Over a NSX or Rx7. Half of them would just think it's another old car from the 90's.

I believe you are referring to the people who don't really know enough about cars to really appreciate how an NSX or an FD3S RX-7 is cool, over an outlandish creation that now claims the fastest car in the world.

That also is a excuse for Hennessey to do some dick-swinging, which is not cool at all.

@homeforsummer , was that comment needed? Like seriously was it?? You could of just kept your opinions to your self.
Yes, yes it was.

And feel free to take your own advice in future and keep your own opinions on what I say to yourself.

Or alternatively, don't - and accept that I have as much right to say W&N is talking out of his bottom (for the umpteenth time) as you do to for some reason take issue with what I say.
Indeed. And nobody has a problem with that.

The problem in this particular instance is W&N deciding that he doesn't like the result of the cool wall whose rules he arbitrates.

It's funny how there's no issue when the majority votes similarly to him, and an issue when the opposite is true, isn't it? W&N actually does a very good job of running the cool wall, but occasionally spoils it by leaving snidey comments whenever a vote doesn't go the way he wants it to. Once the vote is over, that's the time to put up or shut up.

Back