United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1991-2002 TVR Griffith nominated by @Liquid
tvr-griffith-500-lhd-244561.jpg

Engines:
4.0L V8, 4.0L Hi-Lift Cam V8, 4.3L V8, 4.5L V8, 5.0L V8
Power: 4.0: 240 hp; 4.0 Hi-Lift Cam: 275 hp; 4.3: 280 hp; 4.5: 285 hp; 5.0: 340 hp
Torque: 4.0: 270 lb-ft.; 4.0 Hi-Lift Cam: 305 lb-ft.; 4.3: 305 lb-ft.; 4.5: 310 lb-ft.; 5.0: 320-350 lb-ft.
Weight: 1048 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door roadster​
1296532-tvr-griffith.jpg

TVR_Griffith_400_-_003.jpg

1_47_6153TVR_Griffith_500_white_7.jpg

1993-tvr-griffith-500-5.jpg

I really want to like them, but they are just too 'sheds n' parts-bin' for me. Meh.

I generally love TVRs but sometimes feel they pulled the wool over my eyes in the 90s. When I thought they were some sort of phoenix from the ashes, they were still spare-parts-bin sportscars as they had always been. Still very cool though, and I really think they started to buck this trend, creating their own identity with the Tuscan, Tamora, Sagaris etc. but this so sadly segued into their death throes =(

Still would be cool broken down on the side of the road waiting for the wrecker to arrive.

Which it probably will be fairly often.

Absolutely one of the funniest and scariest products Britain has ever put on the road. Which is cool.

It weighs next to nothing with a V8 powering it. Also very cool.

It sadly has the build quality of a Chinese car with even less reliability. Which is seriously uncool. I have a picture of me standing next to one in a cloud of steam after the radiator just blew apart. Luckily it wasn't my fault.

I'll have to go with uncool.

Looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, goes like stink and would scare the bejesus out of you at fairly moderate speeds. The perfect weekend car. SZ.

On one side, you have the smell of glue, parts bin raiding, and breakdowns that happen more often than not.

On the other side, you have one of the most exciting (and quite dangerous) experiences you can possibly get with a British sports car. A legendary V8 engine, and good looks. And let's face it, all these things are part of the charm of TVR cars. Which is why I call the Griffith cool, as it should be. Yes, it would cause me great anger every time it'd break down, but let's face it, we'd do the same with an Alfa Romeo. And most Alfas are cool...

The successor to the AC Cobra yet nobody bangs on about it. Chunky V8 FR in a classic, lightweight British body. On that alone it's very cool but you have to acknowledge Trevoritis.

Cool

Cool. Small roadster with a big V8. I like that kind of thing. Also, the car being in Gran Turismo kind of helps.

Taking design into consideration, I think it was the best packaged TVR of the Wheeler era. Turns heads without looking ridiculously overstyled while capturing the essence of a classic British sports car.

Sub Zero.

Still would be cool broken down on the side of the road waiting for the wrecker to arrive.

Which it probably will be fairly often.

It wasn't sold with a Speed Six. So at least you wouldn't need to live on the hard shoulder. :P

Cool. Small roadster with a big V8. I like that kind of thing. Also, the car being in Gran Turismo kind of helps.
"Big"

:lol:

Those engines are :censored:ing tiny :lol:

I'm used to anything from 5.0L to 10+ when it comes to V8s :lol:

Except Pistonheads.
You're "used to" a two stroke in a trike. A 340hp 5.0 V8 in a one ton fibreglass car is big.
I suppose but it still sounds small :lol:

Makes good power for it's size though, that's for sure.

SZ for me. This car was like the El Nino of the first GT. (Despite the fact that it was released before NFS3 :lol:)

I want to dislike it, but I can't... reminds me too much of watching the Tuscan race cars.

Low cool.

Back