GTP Cool Wall: 1992-1993 Lancia Hyena Zagato

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 38 comments

1992-1993 Lancia Hyena Zagato

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It may not be one of the prettiest cars but it certainly has something about it. What really lets it down (for me) is the dashboard. It looks very functional but is quite ugly.

I remember learning about this car around the time it came out. The Zagato designer (Marco Pedracini), took some influence for the body's design from nature, by form of the Hyena. I suppose it's a bit like Mazda's KODO design philosophy, only earlier. I remember seeing design sketches about it many years ago, but I can't seem to find any others online apart from than this one:

1992_Zagato_Lancia_Hyena_design_sketch_01.jpg

I think it explains the shape of the rear of the car quite well.

Easily a very high cool (IMHO).

It may not be one of the prettiest cars but it certainly has something about it. What really lets it down (for me) is the dashboard. It looks very functional but is quite ugly.

I remember learning about this car around the time it came out. The Zagato designer (Marco Pedracini), took some influence for the body's design from nature, by form of the Hyena. I suppose it's a bit like Mazda's KODO design philosophy, only earlier. I remember seeing design sketches about it many years ago, but I can't seem to find any others online apart from than this one:

1992_Zagato_Lancia_Hyena_design_sketch_01.jpg

I think it explains the shape of the rear of the car quite well.

Easily a very high cool (IMHO).

That pic explains a lot.

This thing is growing on me. I like it 👍

90s. Zagato. Magic.

Remember, these came out at the height of the 'Grale's power, so are already underpinned by a very special car. Always looked more like an Alfa than a Lancia to me... yeah, like that's a bad thing! I've only ever seen one IRL, and that was a goosebumps moment for me.

SZ.

I love it! Like all Lancias! Isn't over-styled, has respectable power for it's size and because ZAGATO. Cool

I seriously regret voting uncool on this one, because it's grown on me so much. I'd probably give it a high cool if I could vote again.

Back